Since when do we love Heroics!?!

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok. I have a confession to make.

I'm enjoying this Heroic! Why? Because there are good boosted characters that have synergy.

I have a suggestion to make. (kiss of death, moving to different forum) Let us use whatever characters we want for Heroics. Boost whomever you want for the week of course. Just eliminate 5's from the mix.

It will even out the competition, but more importantly the change in scaling lets me use different characters that I never get the chance to use. That's priceless in this game right now. Otherwise I'm using Surfer/Phoenix/OML all the time because I HAVE NO CHOICE!

Hell, do it with 3's or lower once in a while! Why is it only PVP where experimentation is performed? Spread the love.

P.S. - if you want to do 2's or lower give some serious advance notice.

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    They are fun when the characters don't suck. I agree, this one is fun, so far (having only done initial clear).
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    SCL helps too. But yeah, I have enjoyed the last couple heroics. I don't have a fleshed out token_legendary.png roster yet, but it does get old using Charlie's Angels for everything.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does face the major problem of required newly released character and having to figure out who's strong enough to make up for the character's glaring deficiencies. Especially when only 2% of players even get an ability that does any damage whatsoever. The continuing problems of new characters, made far worse by such limitations on backup.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    This sub, at least, I'm absolutely enjoying the heck out of. I'm finding all kinds of partnerships with IM40 this last week or two, and this Heroic is no exception.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have over 100 characters rostered. It would be nice to use more than 15 of them at once.

I'm happy with not using any 5*s, but it would be great to put more of my champed 4*s to use.

My 3*s are great, but they are weak and die quickly. Same with the 2*s.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I have over 100 characters rostered. It would be nice to use more than 15 of them at once.

I'm happy with not using any 5*s, but it would be great to put more of my champed 4*s to use.

My 3*s are great, but they are weak and die quickly. Same with the 2*s.

15 you say? I can't use more than 3 or 4 in the whole game, the chance of using 5-7 different characters every time is a blessing for me (but I get, what you say, this is why I used to hate Heroics).

As I just said, I am one of those that use to hate Heroics, I hated them really hard, but now that I have 20 champed 4s, and my 5s mess my scaling completely in all the other events, having the chance of using those 4s is greatly appreciated. Of course, you need a lot of 4s champed so you always have something good champed in any given heroic.

Of course, this just shows that scaling is broken for 5s, and that rendering 97% of your roster useless was a very bad design idea when they decided to give such a big level difference for 5s.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't call it love but it I agree that Heroics force you to use team combinations you wouldn't think of. This helped me discover IF and QS team-up.

What I would like to see is 4* Reinforcements per sub in addition to 1/2/3*'s we currently receive. If you do not have a decent 4* team it makes this event difficult. I try to use my 1-3 cover 4*'s for easier nodes but it takes forever and not worth it so half of my Heroic list is unusable so I am still stuck only using 3-5 characters. I normally need to rely on the reinforcements.

I also wish they would stop giving us characters to use for Heroic that are also villains. Last Heroic we had Daken but I could not use him for half of the subs so it was pointless.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm finally using IM40 for more than just Yellow this PVE... Using him with XFDP or pretty much anyone that is open in this Heroic, I'm finally using his blue at 5 covers and doing some damage!

It is pretty fun for right now. Still bummed my Peggy is 4/0/5... I refuse to use her without yellow out of some misguided, self imposed sense of principle.
  • I cannot think of a more useless character than a 1-black-cover 4* Blade.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cannot think of a more useless character than a 1-black-cover 4* Blade.
    People used to hate the 1-red-cover OML. But I don't know... I have no red cover for my OML... icon_e_sad.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    they should make iron fist useable every time.. make the easy nodes go faster
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cannot think of a more useless character than a 1-black-cover 4* Blade.

Useful in that you can do his required pve nodes... but yeah it doesn't really do anything lol.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless the boosts are truly horrific, I usually like heroics. They force me to use characters that usually get benched, and contrary to popular belief you can usually field at least one good team.

This one is a breeze, though - IM40/Big Pun/Xpool is steamrolling errything.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I'm finally using IM40 for more than just Yellow this PVE... Using him with XFDP or pretty much anyone that is open in this Heroic, I'm finally using his blue at 5 covers and doing some damage!

It is pretty fun for right now. Still bummed my Peggy is 4/0/5... I refuse to use her without yellow out of some misguided, self imposed sense of principle.

I'm using my undercovered and underleveled Peggy with IM40 and she's still awesome. Your 4/0/5 Peggy is all you need with IM40. It's PvE! It's not like you have to worry about defense.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I'll go beyond the comment I made on the last thread and say I wish more events were built like Heroics. I love not having 5*s screwing up scaling for me and finding a workable team or two out of matchups I hadn't considered before.

The big downside of Heroics is still dealing with with Muscles and the occasional loss of health packs to them on unlucky nodes, even on trivial nodes, while the supposedly hardest nodes with all Dark Avengers are a breeze in comparison. At least having Peggy this time makes them more tolerable.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still am not sold that I "love" heroics. Still kind of a bummer you have 80% of your roster locked out.

But this is the kind of event I'd like to see run ALONGSIDE a regular PVE and PVP - something that lets you use the part of your roster you aren't using for PVP. Some have asked for Gauntlet to be like that, I'd rather see an event that has a bit less extreme challenge than that.

One reason I'm liking this one is I can use DPXF and XFW without ever needing health packs. Horray! Broken True Healing for the win!

This must be how OML owners feel all the time....(*cough cough*)....
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the limited roster because it weeds out players that only have a few good characters. So, if you can beat all missions on all nodes, then you're ahead of the pack.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Yea. I actually like this current heroics. Mostly because IM40. First sub, I used GSBW, Torch, IM40 mostly. Second sub, I'm using Devil, Torch, IM40. Both subs, I use Thor with two loaners for trivial nodes. Might have to use the Devil, Torch, IM40 again for the final sub.

And the bracket has been nice for me. Hoping to finish T50 this time. Though real life might intervene tomorrow.