Can we please disable animations as an option?

rkd80
rkd80 Posts: 376
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This has been a rather sore subject for a while in MPQ, but the recent Star Lord buff really underscores the importance of having this feature.

While the buff is fantastic and has made SL a PvE powerhouse, watching him fight goons is enough to make even the most stable individual lose his ever loving mind.

Please devs, let us turn it off.

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    good idea if they get rid of animations they only need like 2 pictures for each character and then they can make more characters maybe even one or two a week

lets do it devs!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Turning animations off would effect the meta of optimal clears and such with PVE. As in, you would literally be at a disadvantage if you played with animations. And as long as that remains the case, I doubt the devs would ever let us disable them altogether.

Though I would like to see Star Lord's countdowns (and anyone else that creates multiple countdowns) work a little more like 2* Hawkeye's Speed Shot (functioning quickly) or maybe Peggy's blue power (only animates once regardless of tile count).

It needs a fix, and can be fixed, but disabling animations is not the solution.
  • csilla
    csilla Posts: 1
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Turning animations off would effect the meta of optimal clears and such with PVE. As in, you would literally be at a disadvantage if you played with animations.

But why would anyone not want to turn the animations off?
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc wrote:

It needs a fix, and can be fixed, but disabling animations is not the solution.

This. Agreed, would be a huge disadvantage for those who play with it on.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I also think the animations somewhat balance strong powers such as IM40 recharge... the animation time being part of the cost to activate the power together with the 6 AP
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I requested this same thing ~2yrs ago.

Look at it this way, the high scorers, would score even higher if they didn't have to wait around for animations to play. All of those players would then get (lets call it +10% more time), they then use that time to rack up more points. (Not that I blame them).

The only way to "play faster" is to get more 4* and 5* characters to play (who deal damage faster).
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make it an option for VIP and watch the money roll in hand over fist.