Wharf Infiltrator + Olivia

Options
ZW2007-
ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
This is a fun bug that creates an infinite (unbreakable) loop. If you have Saheeli and both of these cards, I suggest not playing them in the same deck together.

Board state:
Wharf Infiltrator and Olivia in play (Buff are irrelevant).
Hand:
Four creatures.

Step 1: Cast a creature, triggering Olivia's effect, discarding a creature.
Step 2: The creature discarded to Olivia triggers Wharf Infiltrator's effect.
Step 3: A 3/2 Eldrazi Horror creature token is summoned.
Step 4: The token triggers Olivia's effect and attempts to discard a creature but no card is discarded.
Step 5: Wharf Infiltrator begins to trigger again even though no card is actually discarded.
Step 6: Repeat steps 3 through 5 infinitely.
Step 7: Go get a beverage, play with the kids, watch some TV, come back and see how big your Eldrazi Horror token is. (Mine was a 1008/672 by the time I came back from getting the kids to bed. Summoned 349 Eldrazi that round but still managed to miss the bonus ribbon...)

A thing to note here, the buff from Olivia is never applied to the infinitely growing Eldrazi Horror. I think the Wharf Infiltrator trigger interrupts the Olivia trigger. After the second Eldrazi comes into play, it seems like Olivia's original effect attempts to restart but since it already discarded a card, it doesn't do so again but the Wharf Infiltrator sees it as another discarded creature so it starts summoning another Eldrazi which again interrupts Olivia's effect and creates the infinite loop.

Comments