Lone Rider (1st Bug: Devs Aware | 2nd Bug: Fixed)

Options
ZW2007-
ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
This card has two specific bugs. One is likely very specific to Lone Rider while the other is probably a broader issue with all transform cards.

First bug:
Board state:
Olivia, buffed by herself, in first creature spot.
Lone Rider, buffed by Olivia, in second creature spot.

Step 1: Olivia attacks, deals 11 damage and heals me for 11.
Step 2: Lone Rider transforms into It That Rides as One (maintains the Olivia buff of flying, naturally has lifelink, and is a 7/7 - naturally a 4/4 with Olivia's +3/+3 buff).
Step 3: It That Rides as One attacks, deals 1 damage and heals me for 1.

This is very confusing, I could see if it didn't register the mid combat transform but it also seems to disregard the initial buff from Olivia as well. In subsequent turns, It That Rides as One attacks and deals the 7 damage and heals me for 7.

Second Bug:
Board state:
Olivia, buffed by herself, in first creature spot.
It That Rides as One, buffed by Olivia, in second creature spot.

Step 1: Cast a Lone Rider, it gets buffed by Olivia to become a 4/4.
Step 2: Combat, Olivia attacks.
Step 3: Lone Rider transforms into It That Rides as One and reinforces the original one but only becomes an 11/11.

In this case, the second Lone Rider appears to lose it's Olivia buff when reinforcing the original (base 4/4, Olivia's +3/+3, reinforcement of a second base 4/4). I have cast two Lone Riders in one turn with Olivia out. First cast is a 1/1, gets +3/+3 from Olivia, reinforced for an additional 1/1, and a second Olivia buff of +3/+3 for a total of an 8/8. Once this transforms, it maintains both Olivia buffs to become a 14/14. It seems the issue is with it transforming to reinforce an already transformed creature.

Comments

• Laynix
    Options
    I'm replying since I experience the first bug you reported on a regular basis.
    In my case, I use Sorin, and when I have a 1/1 Lone Rider on board, then attack having Sorin's second ability trigger, he flips, then proceeds to do only 1 damage.
    This has issues when attacking into defenders, or when I want to rely on the life gain to stay alive.

I'd really like to see this fixed as I've waited through many updates with bug fixes to see this one unchanged.
  • Psychoticcherry
    Psychoticcherry Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here.
    Cast Lone Rider, comes into play as a 1/1, then triggers Olivia, gains +3/+3, haste, and flying. Olivia attacks and triggers the flip. One who rides alone is a 7/7 and hits for 1 damage. Such a great card but broken on so many levels. I have seen him flip after the 1/1 has been dealt lethal damage and another card with LifeLink gains the 3 life.
  • MageKnight
    MageKnight Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Campaign of Vengeance and Sorin's 2nd Ability also doesn't trigger trigger Lone Rider to transform, I have them both in the board and although I gained 6 Life from both these support it did not transform Lone Rider
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sorins 2nd ability correctly transforms lone rider for me.

once tranformed though avacyn 8/8 failed to kill my
    it that rides as one 4/4.

HH
  • Psychoticcherry
    Psychoticcherry Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just thought I would post what just happened in a match.

I had Olivia (11/11) in play and It That Rides Alone (7/7).
    I then cast Lone Rider who got his Olivia bonus.
    Olivia attacks causing Lone Rider to flip and reinforce(11/11).
    Olivia dealt 11 damage.
    It That Rides Alone deals 11 damage.
    Then opponents PW is hit with 1 damage from the no longer present Lone Rider.
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    The opponent had a Lone Rider buffed to 3/3, it attacked into my 8/16 Goldnight Castigator with Vigilance. Rider caused 6 damage to Castigator (due to its ability), transformed, but survived.
    Shouldn't it have died?
  • kinomoto
    Options
    Muche wrote:
    The opponent had a Lone Rider buffed to 3/3, it attacked into my 8/16 Goldnight Castigator with Vigilance. Rider caused 6 damage to Castigator (due to its ability), transformed, but survived.
    Shouldn't it have died?
    I assume it transformed before Castigator hit back due to first strike. So Castigator didn't hit because its target disappeared. Not sure if this is the intended behaviiour.
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    kinomoto wrote:
    Muche wrote:
    Shouldn't it have died?
    I assume it transformed before Castigator hit back due to first strike. So Castigator didn't hit because its target disappeared. Not sure if this is the intended behaviiour.
    But did the Castigator survive or deal damage to Rider/It that Rides as One?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MageKnight wrote:
    Campaign of Vengeance and Sorin's 2nd Ability also doesn't trigger trigger Lone Rider to transform, I have them both in the board and although I gained 6 Life from both these support it did not transform Lone Rider
    Please note that in order for Lone Rider to transform a lifegain of 3 points AT ONCE should occur. Three 1 lifegain triggers will not trigger him to transform.
    What level was Sorin's second ability when you noticed Lone Rider did not transform? If it was only level 1 or 2, it's normal that Lone Rider did not transform. (because you gained 1 or 2 life per trigger)
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    kinomoto wrote:
    Muche wrote:
    Shouldn't it have died?
    But did the Castigator survive or deal damage to Rider/It that Rides as One?
    Castigator did survive. It that Rides as One was fully healthy 6/6 after the combat.