Any chance we will ever see "colourless" covers?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
In the lower tiers, you get bombarded with covers so it's all a fun learning curve.

To finish my 3*s, I used CP more times than I care to mention.

Now I'm in the 4* tier, this is getting "interesting".

Some characters are either wedged into 1/5/5, or else have a colour magnet that hoovers up only one specific type.

I dread to think about how this is going to feel in the five star transition O.o

Will there ever be "colourless" covers? Or a cover conversion option for CP?

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's possible. You never know what tomorrow will bring. icon_e_wink.gif But, if you're wanting an official answer, I wouldn't count on it. They probably couldn't tell us, even if it was happening next week. Too many rules and laws and licensing agreements? But that, or something like it, would be really helpful.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I have a hulkbuster blue expiring. I need a black cover. Maybe they will implement it within 2 weeks? I mean the cho hulk pve fiasco with him initially being rostered was them testing colorless covers right?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would be great. I'm about to win a 6th oml black as a login reward.. yay 2000 iso? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ levels .... colorblind since way back in 'R91.

You have to cover-max them first before you can champ them. And when you have a 5/1/5 character, champing them is kind of hard.

I was lucky that my OML was 4/4/4 so I knew I could get any cover to champ him, but I'm having bad luck with the other 5*s. Nothing worse than getting a 5* cover in a power you already have 5 of.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I guarantee, it has nothing to do with laws or licensing agreements.
    It's possible. You never know what tomorrow will bring. icon_e_wink.gif But, if you're wanting an official answer, I wouldn't count on it. They probably couldn't tell us, even if it was happening next week. Too many rules and laws and licensing agreements. But that, or something like it, would be really helpful.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Technically, black isn't a color. So in a way, they've been in the game since the beginning.

(But yes, I'd love them, and it's a feature would really help at the 5* stage)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been saying this for a while, we need colorless 5 covers ASAP. It is very hard to pull 5 covers, when you see is the 6th cover of one of your 5s is really annoying/frustrating!

And it is even worse because MPQ RNG is really sticky and loves to give you the same cover over and over again (my recently pulled 2/2/6 IM46 salutes you all).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish. Sitting on my 11th Prof X purpleflag.png and have never pulled a yellow. So it's not even useful as a champion cover.

Best of all I got it from the token for championing a character. Yay, wasted resources!
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    ... And it is even worse because MPQ RNG is really sticky and loves to give you the same cover over and over again...

That's because it in not truly random.
    It is "seed" based pseudo-random algorithm - easy to implement, low cost (no need for servers to have extra hardware with random number generators).

It also generates "streaks" - better from bean counters viewpoint.
    You will get 10 in a row of the same cover, someone else will get 10 of another.
    5 wasted here, 5 wasted there = spideycoin.png

If I were to made my own game it would be the RNG scheme I would also use - 'cause I like easy MONEY. icon_lol.gif
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I've had a queue of about 7-8 4* cards I can't use. And no these aren't characters that are built something along the lines of a 3/4/5, more like 2/1/5. Always pulling that unlucky 6th card is disheartening to say the least.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. No chance. Not ever.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are missing a huge opportunity to let spend discounted Cp to change a covers color.

But it seems like ideas that can let us do more with what we have our out of the picture. Have 2000 ISO instead, because you know a 5 star cover is worth 2000 iso even though that can barely buy a single level.

Or the 4's for 1K.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    For 5*s they really need a method to change a cover. Maybe only if it's a cover you already have 5 of to prevent the prioritising of the best move.

Would be nice for 4*s too. I have a 2/5/5 Ghost Rider, enough ISO to champ him and two covers waiting in the wings. Going to have to sell one today because I didn't luck into a green one within 2 weeks. Same deal for Miles Morales, I have a 3* Spider Man waiting to give me a 6th purple cover when I need either of his other two.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Rumour has it CS offer a trade in service for 5* covers from latest legends where a single colour is provided that isn't usable.

Not sure if that's a whale only service or not but indicates some degree of appreciation that the current system of caring about the colours of the first 13 covers is not a good outcome for players
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    i would be fine if you could just roster the extras and then "merge" when championed. Everyone wins. No wasted covers and the publishers make money by selling extra roster spots.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could we, at least, have the Crash award colorless covers? I realize there are programming issues....but it stinks when you spend time, effort, etc prepping for it, win, and get a worthless cover. It's only every 5 days. 73 times in one year. To cover the currently available 4's alone is over 500 covers...