No good queues after 900 in pvp

2»

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I know there has got to be other people in the same boat as me when I say this:

Reaching 900 is the highest I even try. No way am I spending a bunch of money on HP so I can shield hop to get 300 more points. That goal is so far out there I don't even try. Half of the time 900 is achieveable but once I get over that 850 mark you become fresh bait for the big fish out there. But yeah, I'm making a final point climb either just outside the 8 hour or 3 hour mark and then promptly shielding.
  • Raptorbank
    Raptorbank Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    As a 4/5 star transitioner with 11 champed 4 stars, it is much more difficult to hit 1200 now. The climb to 900 is relatively easy, but as noted the queues dry up considerably after that point. After 900, 99% of q's are worth less than 20 points. In addition, if you are unshielded above 900 without champed 5 stars, you are basically a cupcake every time you hop. Usually you only have time to complete one match without retaliations.

With champed 4 stars, I would be able to defeat high level 5 star rosters, but due to MMR, I can't Q them at all. This is why 99% of q's above 900 are worth less than 20 points....because the environment of people that I can q is basically non-existent. The only way to hit 1200, is to wait for teams that have 1 champed 5 star, and usually a 3 star and the loaner....as they are the ONLY teams that can be q'd for more than 20 points.

This means that I'm much more dependent on the good will of the five star players than during the cupcake era. During the cupcake era, I regularly climbed to 1300 without cupcakes....now I have a 0% chance of climbing to 1200 without 5 star players help.

PVP is very broken. The 4/5 star transitioners only care about cp...the 4 star cover at 900 is pretty much useless. It is nearly impossible for us to get the 15cp, which is the only resource we can use to progress.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish they would just move the Tuesday/Wednesday PVP to close at the same time as the other PVP's.

I went out this Wednesday morning and found nothing...but saw lots of action the night before, and talked to folks that just finished 12+ hours out and never came out again. Queues worse than I've ever seen today, and I prefer to not use the 24 hour shield...which is what was needed to get "in" on the action.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Right now 1200 is for people running champed 5*'s.

Knew it!!! All those players I know that hit 1200 with only champed 4*s and underleveled 5*s are hackers!! Players with no champed 5*s that hit 1200 should automatically be sandboxed.

Where did I say that? Its not impossible but be prepared to pay up for 3-5 shields every single pvp if youre not running champed 5*'s. Good luck sustaining that without some significant spending.

If youre willing to spend 1000 HP per PVP go ahead. Its too much and not worth it for me. Looking at leaderboards, about 10 to 15 people out of 500 reach 1200.

So that's who willing to spend or have the roster for it, 2-3% of players.

Definitely the best bang for you buck is 900 and below. Hitting that last 15 CP is more time/effort than what many 4*s will feel it's worth. There are always try-hard players though that will grab everything they can. More power to them.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Right now 1200 is for people running champed 5*'s.

Knew it!!! All those players I know that hit 1200 with only champed 4*s and underleveled 5*s are hackers!! Players with no champed 5*s that hit 1200 should automatically be sandboxed.

Where did I say that? Its not impossible but be prepared to pay up for 3-5 shields every single pvp if youre not running champed 5*'s. Good luck sustaining that without some significant spending.

If youre willing to spend 1000 HP per PVP go ahead. Its too much and not worth it for me. Looking at leaderboards, about 10 to 15 people out of 500 reach 1200.

So that's who willing to spend or have the roster for it, 2-3% of players.

I don't get it 2 shields is 225HP. 3 shields is 300HP.

Assuming you make at least top 25, that's about 250HP in progression, personal and alliance placement (top 10 is 300HP).

Net loss is either 50HP or nil depending on placement.

How is that spending 1000HP per event?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Definitely the best bang for you buck is 900 and below. Hitting that last 15 CP is more time/effort than what many 4*s will feel it's worth. There are always try-hard players though that will grab everything they can. More power to them.

This is an interesting point. I wonder if this is why there are times when I am around 700 points I have started to see 3* players. I normally play for the extra CP and 1200 points, but there are times I get in queue hell seeing the same players over and over again. Then I start to see 3* teams for 30-35 points. I should feel bad hitting them with a champed 4* and champed OML but i don't.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    you can still get to 900 in pvp? wow...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    kidicarus wrote:
    I don't get it 2 shields is 225HP. 3 shields is 300HP.

That's if you're able to time a 3/8/3. I don't have the flexible schedule to do that, so I do my hops with 8 hours remaining, which only allows me to use an 8/3 or possibly an 8/3/24, which gets pretty pricey and seems unnecessary.

It's very hard to time a 3/8/3 if you want to sleep and have other required life activities in the evening and morning.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I can only speak for myself; before the change I was averaging 1600/event with 2-3 shields. Now I climb to 900 with < 3 hours and use 1 shield. 900 and done is my motto. I can not eat steaks reliably or fast enough to hop since the RNG gods have yet to deliver a usable 5 star after 1,000 days (or since 5s were introduced).
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Like it or not, that's the way it's supposed to be now. Everyone who understood the way that CC's contributed to points within a shard pointed this out prior to their removal.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess the good news is that even though it's hard to score 1200+, when I can score around 1000+, that gets me into the top pvp team of my alliance family, and that team is often top 25 or better. In the pre-cc days, I needed to score around 1500+ to remain in my top 25 or better alliance.

But I'd rather have the extra 15 cp per pvp instead of getting high solo and alliance placements...