Adjusting DDQ Vault Prizes (CP & HP)

Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I did some griping back in this thread from the summer, when the Taco vaults were changed to award much smaller ISO prizes at increased frequency. According to the corresponding update notes, the updated rewards are as follows:
MPQ_DDQ_New_Vault_July_2016.jpg

There are several threads out there about desired changes to DDQ overall, including increased relevance for post-3-star players. One in particular that I support is adding an extra Crash on day 1, and changing the vault's random 4-star to that specific 4-star (as well as awarding a taco (or even several) on top of the LT for beating the Crash). The reason I bring this up is that my proposed vault list will make mention of this second specified 4-star.

• 1x Legendary token
  • 1x Day 1 Crash 4-star (random color)
  • 1x Day 5 Crash 4-star (random color)
  • 1x 10 Command Points
  • 2x 5 Command Points
  • 5x 1 Command Point
  • 5x Featured 3-star A (1 cover in the Big Enchilada color, 2 of each other color)
  • 5x Featured 3-star B (")
  • 5x Featured 3-star C (")
  • 5x Featured 3-star D (")
  • 5x Featured 3-star E (")
  • 9x Random 3-star
  • 1x 1000 Hero Points
  • 10x 250 Hero Points
  • 10x 25 Hero Points
  • 1x 10000 ISO
  • 2x 5000 ISO
  • 10x 1500 ISO
  • 30x 1000 ISO
  • 50x 500 ISO
  • 3x 10 Health
  • 20x 5 Health
  • 117x Regular 2-star (9 of each)
  • 1x Bag-Man (random color)

The two most noticeable changes proposed here are the addition of Command Points and the addition of low-volume Hero Point prizes. I'll point out now that I'm already aware that the 25HP prizes would never actually get added to the vault, since vaults are designed for spenders, not for taco-players. The 250HP prizes are there so that a player who spends 200HP on a vault pull can come out ahead if they hit HP. An incredibly flimsy argument could be made that no matter what non-HP trash prize (redundant 2-star or 500 ISO) they pull, since a conversion is being made it might not technically be a true "loss" for somebody who paid HP for their pull. I wanted to add something to offset the damage caused by the previous ISO adjustments, and I tried to balance the prizes based on relevance to a larger portion of the player base rather than emphasizing the store, even though I realize that's not in line with the company's goals. I'm personally quite curious about the ratio of taco vault pulls acquired by purchase vs by taco tokens.

Comments

• Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    At this ratio of new charachters, we (at least I) need more HP than Iso.
    Also, Iso can be gained through matches, daily supplies, Shield ranks, selling covers and (too) many tacos, while HP are much much rarer.

Please, more HP and less ISO.
    (or, better, less 2* covers)
  • I didn't know the drop rates in numbers, all I know that it feels like at least 50% of my drops are 500 iso...

HP is hard to get and very lacking. I'd rather have some more HP drops, even in tiny amounts, so I can recruit my covers sooner than they expire. I feel like it's rather outbalanced.

Getting iso is easy enough when doing DDQ anyway, why would I want 500 more with my taco tokens? It's such a downer to always see the selection passing a whole bunch of iso, even when I see 3 flashing in a row the next one still might as well be another iso one.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds good. Let's add in a bit more for the people.
  • Pogo
    Getting iso is easy enough when doing DDQ anyway, why would I want 500 more with my taco tokens?

This is precisely my thinking. The one-star mission alone is already worth 500 Iso, and I would be absolutely furious if I threw away 200 HP on a vault pull and got 500 Iso. This was why I was able to justify pitching those 25HP prizes. Sure, it's a loss if you spend HP to pull from the vault, but the vast majority of the prizes in the vault aren't worth 200HP in the first place.
  • Pogo
    Well, hey, since the Strange Sights artifact mini-vaults have a buy in of 350HP, but the only HP prize is worth 200, I guess that's no longer a worthwhile excuse for the DDQ vault not to include those 25HP prizes I suggested.