PVE Heroic: Venom (2016-10-24 to 2016-10-27)

Options
2»

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Falcon plus baby Daken isn't the fastest, but with Thor tagging along for big hitting power, it works. My collection of 4* for this event is all rabble; XP & XF are 5 covers, Punisher 3, Peggy just 2, and of course I don't have a new Blade (yet). No help from any of them.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Blade has 2 greenflag.png 2 blackflag.png covers and I haven't used a single ability from him. Boy, undercovered 4 star.png characters are a pain in their required node.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm so used to using IM40 only as a battery that I almost lost the Falcon essential when I forgot Iron Man had two viable damaging powers after Falcon and 2* Storm fell. Opps.

None of my 4*'s are viable this event, but the available 2* & 3*'s have been getting the job done. There's been a lot of goofy, Squirrel-based teams, but beggars can't be choosers.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Scaling is completely broken for me - I have the featured 4*s champed and see nodes that look like this:

7E4kJlxm.jpg
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Scaling is completely broken for me - I have the featured 4*s champed and see nodes that look like this:

7E4kJlxm.jpg
    I... wow.
    Did you sit out the last 25 PVEs?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am always stuck with undercovered and underleveled 4*s during Heroics. The best team for this event that I use for all 6 clears is IM40, Human Torch and Dare Devil. Focus on 6 Yellow immediately, then let send the CDs. Once resolved Torch throws 2-3 fireballs to kill one enemy while DD stuns the other two the rest of the match. I have not had to use too many healthpacks this event.

Surprised no one is suggesting this.
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    I am always stuck with undercovered and underleveled 4*s during Heroics. The best team for this event that I use for all 6 clears is IM40, Human Torch and Dare Devil. Focus on 6 Yellow immediately, then let send the CDs. Once resolved Torch throws 2-3 fireballs to kill one enemy while DD stuns the other two the rest of the match. I have not had to use too many healthpacks this event.

I'm using that team too, togheter with XFDeadpool+XFW+random third party (under-covered Peggy, OBW, Falcon)
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    The last Blade node (Carnage and 2 Muscles) is...unpleasant with a single covered Blade. Poor OBW is trying to keep up with the countdown tiles, but soon gets taken down by the absurd amount of attack tiles and I don't have anyone else to tank blues for her. I really, really hate Muscles.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm right there with you re: undercovered 4*s (in Heroics and everything else), but I found some pairings that work okay with them. IM40 + Torch are my go-to, with either 1/0/2 Gwenpool or 0/2/1 Peggy. For those torturous Carnage nodes, I swapped out Torch for Thor and used icon_peggycarter.pngblueflag.png for stun and somehow made it through the initial clears.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Xforce, deadpool are great. Deadpool purple, then xforce black usually kills everyone. Deadpool red also gives true healing. So does xforce yellow. No need for other teams.

Peggy, im40 is pretty good too. If the node allows for a third, I use human torch. That way I don't waste the green from im40's yellow. My peggy has really low red. So I use im40's red when he recovers from his yellow stun.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It may be too late now, but does anyone know how many nodes are in the first sub? My notes say 9, but I'm looking at sub 2, and I see there are 10 nodes here. The extra node locks, but I'm still left wondering if I missed a node in the previous sub.
  • ZootSax
    Options
    doomette wrote:
    The last Blade node (Carnage and 2 Muscles) is...unpleasant with a single covered Blade. Poor OBW is trying to keep up with the countdown tiles, but soon gets taken down by the absurd amount of attack tiles and I don't have anyone else to tank blues for her. I really, really hate Muscles.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to use there. Squirrel Girl seems like a must, but I don't have anyone to keep the Muscles under control...

Oh, and Sub 3 reinforcements:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_colossus_new.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png
    star.pngicon_hawkeye.png
  • Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Well, i have 2 covers for Blade( blackflag.png & greenflag.png ), but that not helps much. I will try to compensate this with oter heroes, but i don't have a single championed hero available, so i may just forget about getting Cyke and go with Quicksilver if my planned team(Squirrel, Torch and pathetic weakling Blade) will not make it somehow.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poodlec wrote:
    Well, i have 2 covers for Blade( blackflag.png & greenflag.png ), but that not helps much. I will try to compensate this with oter heroes, but i don't have a single championed hero available, so i may just forget about getting Cyke and go with Quicksilver if my planned team(Squirrel, Torch and pathetic weakling Blade) will not make it somehow.

Cyke and qs not an option since this is a heroic.
  • Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Poodlec wrote:

Cyke and qs not an option since this is a heroic.
    They are rewards and i'm reeeeeally close to get Cyke(have that possibility to get in top10 if i fully clear that sub3). icon_e_wink.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    It may be too late now, but does anyone know how many nodes are in the first sub? My notes say 9, but I'm looking at sub 2, and I see there are 10 nodes here. The extra node locks, but I'm still left wondering if I missed a node in the previous sub.
    I was going to just answer, but I wanted hard evidence just the same. It's 9 nodes in sub 1, 10 nodes (the single one-time) in sub 2, and 10 (with the one-time node) in sub 3.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14484&p=208532&hilit=venom+heroic+episode#p208532
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage + Muscle spam on a node where most people have maybe 2-3 covers in the essential (I have 2 and I'm being obliterated most times before I can even kill Carnage). There is not enough tinykitty for me to curse about how tinykitty this tiny tinykittying tinykitty is.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    doomette wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to use there. Squirrel Girl seems like a must, but I don't have anyone to keep the Muscles under control...
    I baaaaaarely managed 4 clears, but for the life of me I can't remember who I brought (no doubt my brain is saving me from remembering the trauma). I want to say Peggy, even though I just have 1 of her yellowflag.png , it slowed down those %^#* Muscles. Maybe Squirrel Girl too? I love SG.
  • ZootSax
    Options
    doomette wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    doomette wrote:

I baaaaaarely managed 4 clears, but for the life of me I can't remember who I brought (no doubt my brain is saving me from remembering the trauma). I want to say Peggy, even though I just have 1 of her yellowflag.png , it slowed down those %^#* Muscles. Maybe Squirrel Girl too? I love SG.

This node is utterly ridiculous for a restricted roster event. In any case, Squirrel Girl, IM40 and a single green cover Blade get me through. In champed 3* land, Blade still tanks two colors, so his whole purpose was to jump in front before Carnage fired off his scythe. For the first couple clears, SG one-shot anyone with Nuts From Above--afterwards it only worked after a scythe. I swear, I don't use Squirrel Girl a ton, but she's easily my MVP in every event she's boosted in.

Hitting progression for the event netted me my first OML cover. None of my 5*'s has more than 3 covers, but I have every one except Cap at the moment.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who answered my questions on this event. It was very helpful and I appreciate it.
    Second, I was able to get the Blade cover. It was interesting to see how precise it was. I got it exactly after doing 4 clears on both Sub 1 and 2, without being able to complete the one essential.
    I also found it interesting that each sub had more nodes than the previous one. The first sub had 3 nodes in the main page. The second had 4, and the third had 5. The last two subs had an additional node in the subs themselves. Luckily, they're locked after you win once.

It's been awhile since I gathered the event details. Below are the ones for this Heroic. I really doubt I can do the same for The Hunt. *shudders*

Event Details
      Key:
    redtile.png Locks
    greentile.png Repeats During Subevent
    bluetile.png Repeats Across Event
    yellowtile.png Loaner
    purpletile.png Unlocks Subevent

[*]Sub 1
    • Tall, Dark, and Nasty (200) bluetile.pngyellowtile.png
      Venom (Dark Avengers), Assassin, Grenadier
    • Kidnapping (130) redtile.png
      Venom (Dark Avengers), Pyro, Grenadier
    • A Tasty Treat (130) redtile.pngpurpletile.png
      Assassin, Venom (Dark Avengers), Assassin
    • Venom's Trail (133) redtile.png
      Soldier, Pyro, Grenadier
    • Sticky Situation
      • Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel (200) greentile.png
        Hitman, Moonstone (Dark Avengers), Grenadier
      • Entourage (293) greentile.png
        Muscle, Moonstone (Dark Avengers), Muscle
      • Bedlam & Bullets (160) greentile.png
        Mutation, Soldier, Demolisher
      • Illusions of Grandeur (372) greentile.png
        Muscle, Loki (Dark Reign), Hitman
      • Dangerous Minds (412) greentile.png
        Moonstone (Dark Avengers), Loki (Dark Reign), Pyro
      • A Sticky Situation (492) greentile.png
        Venom (Dark Avengers), Loki (Dark Reign), Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
      • Essential: Legendary (452) greentile.png
        Pyro, Loki (Dark Reign), Muscle
      • Essential: Rare (412) greentile.png
        Assassin, Moonstone (Dark Avengers), Pyro
      • Essential: Uncommon (372) greentile.png
        Lieutenant, Spy, Muscle
    [/*]
    [*]Sub 2
    • The Search is On (130) redtile.png
      Soldier, Grenadier, Assassin
    • A Game of Stones (130) redtile.png
      Soldier, Lieutenant, Pyro
    • Great Responsibility (130) redtile.pngpurpletile.png
      Venom (Dark Avengers), Ragnarok (Dark Avengers), Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    • Black Widow Imposter (370) redtile.png
      Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers), Thug, Hitman
    • Rescue Aunt May
      • Iso-8 Cache (166) greentile.png
        Commander, Analyst, Spy
      • Impostor Wolverine (266) greentile.png
        Lieutenant, Daken (Dark Avengers), Thug
      • Master of Magnetism? (365) greentile.png
        Daken (Dark Avengers), Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Assassin
      • Something's Not Right (465) greentile.png
        Daken (Dark Avengers), Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Grenadier
      • Face-off (515) greentile.png
        Daken (Dark Avengers), Mystique (Raven Darkholme), Pyro
      • Mutant Masquerade (614) greentile.png
        Daken (Dark Avengers), Mystique (Raven Darkholme), Venom (Dark Avengers)
      • Rescue Aunt May (216) redtile.png
        Assassin, Daken (Dark Avengers), Venom (Dark Avengers)
      • Essential: Legendary (564) greentile.png
        Grenadier, Mystique (Raven Darkholme), Thug
      • Essential: Rare (515) greentile.png
        Commander, Daken (Dark Avengers), Grenadier
      • Essential: Uncommon (465) greentile.png
        Pyro, Analyst, Hitman
    Sub 3
    • Stolen Data (130) redtile.png
      Lieutenant, Daken (Dark Avengers), Pyro
    • Iso-lated (130) redtile.png
      Spy, Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Spy
    • The New Face of War (130) redtile.png
      Grenadier, Daken (Dark Avengers), Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers)
    • Interference (130) redtile.pngpurpletile.png
      Daken (Dark Avengers), Ragnarok (Dark Avengers), Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    • Yelena Belova (130) redtile.png
      Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers), Hitman, Muscle
    • Rescue Mary Jane
      • Swatting Flies (200) greentile.png
        Muscle, Soldier, Spy
      • Sharpshooters (320) greentile.png
        Analyst, Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Spy
      • Doctor in The House (440) greentile.png
        Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), Lieutenant
      • Remote Control (560) greentile.png
        Analyst, Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), Thug
      • Carnage Rules (620) greentile.png
        Muscle, Carnage (Cletus Kasady), Lieutenant
      • The Odd Trio (740) greentile.png
        Venom (Dark Avengers), Carnage (Cletus Kasady), Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
      • Rescue Mary Jane (260) redtile.png
        Venom (Dark Avengers), Ragnarok (Dark Avengers), Daken (Dark Avengers)
      • Essential: Legendary (680) greentile.png
        Muscle, Carnage (Cletus Kasady), Muscle
      • Essential: Rare (620) greentile.png
        Spy, Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), Analyst
      • Essential: Uncommon (560) greentile.png
        Hitman, Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Lieutenant
    [/*]