Venom Heroic PvE rewards new Blade!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The subject says it all.. CL7 for the upcoming Venom Heroic PvE has the new 4* Blade in progression. This gives Heroics a reason to play! I am happy they fixed this and we can continue to enjoy Clearance levels for all events.. now give us CL8 icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks!

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you wait till Thursday? (Per official communication on Discord server)
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:

I believe it was accompanied by shh.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

I believe it was accompanied by shh.

I'm not even on Discord. So ... public knowledge is public knowledge.
  • Great. My first cover for yet another 4*. Can''t wait. Might be useable by end of next year. No fanfare of trumpets here. Move on.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even better, Clearance progression gives a green cover, not another black one. Don't know why placement is giving black as the first cover. Is it a fun challenge to use the most expensive power that deals no damage and just destroys the black AP that Daken doesn't use (or green that Venom doesn't use)?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The subject says it all.. CL7 for the upcoming Venom Heroic PvE has the new 4* Blade in progression. This gives Heroics a reason to play! I am happy they fixed this and we can continue to enjoy Clearance levels for all events.. now give us CL8 icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks!
    Don't stop at cl8 give us CL 9 and 10 as well!!!
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:

Thanks!
    Don't stop at cl8 give us CL 9 and 10 as well!!!

Eh, I suspect it's too early (i.e.: not enough people to fill brackets) for 9 and 10, but I'm curious to see what CL8 offers.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Great. My first cover for yet another 4*. Can''t wait. Might be useable by end of next year. No fanfare of trumpets here. Move on.

If you don't want it, pick a lower CL or don't play at all. For players who want new characters but don't necessarily want to deal with the competitiveness of release PVEs, this is a great way to get them. You get all covers for characters one at a time, so any guaranteed covers should be appreciated.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woo!

If this is how it's gonna be going forward, then not finishing top 100 in a new release will probably make it tough to get all 25 CP in the next event, but at least everybody in CL7+ will at least be able to get the new character through progression if they have the 2* and 3* essentials.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Great. My first cover for yet another 4*. Can''t wait. Might be useable by end of next year. No fanfare of trumpets here. Move on.

If you don't want it, pick a lower CL or don't play at all. For players who want new characters but don't necessarily want to deal with the competitiveness of release PVEs, this is a great way to get them. You get all covers for characters one at a time, so any guaranteed covers should be appreciated.
    On top of this, if you want the lower overall progression rewards regarding ISO, by all means complain about it, and they can take it away again.

Am I excited about the steady, overwhelming flow of characters? No. Doesn't mean I'm not stoked to get an easy, free cover along with heightened rewards all around! The release schedule is going to march forward whether we like it or not. Enjoy what you can when they give us these unexpected boons, I say.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I used to be annoyed at the new character releases too but now I have a championed Quake and my War Machine and Peggy Carter are both at 11 covers and it feels like I haven't had them a super long time. I look at my 4* roster with 2 goals now, get championed 4*'s who I can use in PvE and PvP and also get partially covered 4*'s who can beat DDQ crash. As long as Blade can beat his first crash I'll be happy.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I'm happy they put the cover in this time round. Got cheesed off that they skipped the last release because the event after the last release didn't have SCL

Not gonna complain about getting more 4* covers
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Free-Steak-Knives3.jpg
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I am happy to finally see that SCL are the new rules icon_e_smile.gif

Altough they raised the progression bar to 50.000 from 31.000 icon_e_confused.gif

It's a big increase, pheraps icon_eek.gif , but if you want good prizes you have to play much more icon_redface.gif
    By the way, we can finally have a bit of what we were asking for months , so I'm ok with it!
    Let's give it a try icon_e_wink.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:
    I am happy to finally see that SCL are the new rules icon_e_smile.gif

Altough they raised the progression bar to 50.000 from 31.000 icon_e_confused.gif

It's a big increase, pheraps icon_eek.gif , but if you want good prizes you have to play much more icon_redface.gif
    By the way, we can finally have a bit of what we were asking for months , so I'm ok with it!
    Let's give it a try icon_e_wink.gif

Progression is supposed to be "clear everything 4x, you'll reach max progression" now, as I understand it. So, yeah, it's a higher bar and if you're missing an essential things get dicey, but if you're willing/able to do 6x clears of what you've got, maybe you can get there.

But the 4* cover seems to be getting set at around 60% of max progression, and having 40% of the CP attainable prior to the cover as well means that even if you're shy an essential, you're still making forward progress.

I've been quite pleased with CL7 since the inception of Clearance Levels.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    This means I get more characters to roster more often (I don't usually reach top 100 when a newly released character is involved), slowing my progress on the lower tiers (I want to farm all 2-stars but Bagman, and I have all but two 3-stars (my main force) rostered (with one cover for one of the missing ones in queue)).
    Still, the more controlled sources of new characters the better. I really like opening the random pack here and there and pulling something I already have rostered, and not having to worry about scrambling for HP to not waste it.