Locked SCL?

killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
If you choose a lower like "SCL6" instead of "SCL7" in either shield sim or season bracket. are you locked in that "SCL6" for every pvp or just in said sim/season?

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    For the season I believe.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    If you choose a lower like "SCL6" instead of "SCL7" in either shield sim or season bracket. are you locked in that "SCL6" for every pvp or just in said sim/season?

I believe it's every event. When I joined Fatal Attraction this morning, I was entered into the season without additional work, so I think it's now all tied together (unlike last SCL season).
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    If you choose scl6 for pvp first then your season will be scl6 for rewards throughout he whole season. You can choose scl7 for sim and remaining pvp but in long run you will get scl6 rewards at end of season.

So in other words if you want scl7.

Enter sim scl7 (locked in rewards for scl7 for the season)
    Enter pvp at desired scl and enjoy the rest of the season
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just wondering why anyone is picking SCL not 7. It's PVP, it doesn't effect MR at all, and the rewards are better. Does it give you easier brackets or something?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just wondering why anyone is picking SCL not 7. It's PVP, it doesn't effect MR at all, and the rewards are better. Does it give you easier brackets or something?
    I could potentially be easier to place #1 and get the 4* cover.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards

my thinking was mostly everyone would choose scl7, maybe sneak in scl6 for a easier season bracket. but i want to do scl7 for all regular pvp's. so no real definitive answer if u are locked for the whole season.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went CL 6 for season, 5 for Daken event and can choose CL7 for doom if I want. It's also showing a big problem with CL as they stand. If the Vets aren't interested in or need covers for the 4* in CL 7 they drop to 6 or even 5 to clear up the 3* rewards. Taking these rewards from the levels that should be going for them.

CL8 at least needs to come fast and you should be banded which ones you can enter based on your Shield rank.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I'm not gonna lie I have gone down to scl5. I'm a 4* transition players with about 12 4* champed now. I didn't want to battle for a t50 spot and I nended the 3* covers so I went with scl5. But since then I've gone to scl6 as I don't need many 4* cause most of mine are fully covered except new toons. It's just the lack of iso to level them all up now.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    mikepro wrote:
    I'm not gonna lie I have gone down to scl5. I'm a 4* transition players with about 12 4* champed now. I didn't want to battle for a t50 spot and I nended the 3* covers so I went with scl5. But since then I've gone to scl6 as I don't need many 4* cause most of mine are fully covered except new toons. It's just the lack of iso to level them all up now.

Exactly and what they should be doing is giving you a level 8 with large amounts of ISO or double and triple ISO. It doesn't have to be more covers or even 5* but something to give the level 65-70+ players something to do other than sit in a CL5/6 sub. ISO is what most of you need, I'd flood 8 and 9 with ISO.