A Radical Suggestion

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
So after combined arms (and the two threads which followed it) proved that playing in the lower tiers is much more fun than the highest tier I've had a very radical idea which I'll get to in a sec.

Why was combined arms mostly popular? Lack of 5* tier.

Why does the 5* tier ruin the game? It comes down to MMR. Having those maxed 5* eliminates almost your entire roster from usability as you'll be pitched up against other guys with maxed 5*...guess what? Everyone has the same 5* teams. Also the matches take longer, are tedious against teams ofba similar level and are a laughable cakewalk against teams of a lower level.

How do you fix this?

This is the radical suggestion. CP is now a fairly easy to obtain resource. I'm suggesting everyone who hates playing in the 5* tier sells all their 5* which are maxed. It literally fixes all of your problems
You can then earn those characters again but then cap them (like I do ) and still get all the fun of those characters but without the tedium and horrid mmr. It won't affect your ability to place or make progression (as long as you have a good selection of champed 4s) but it will free you from your 5* shackles.

I feel a little lucky that I decided to cap mine (as oml, phoenix really aremt that interesting) because I've managed to remain in a very reasonable mmr where the challenge to reward ratio is about right.

I know it's an insane idea, I know you'll want to resist it. Think logically though and you'll see I'm right. You still won't sell your shiny handcuffs though...will you.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The proposition of nuking a minimum 500k iso isn't an appealing solution
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    The proposition of nuking a minimum 500k iso isn't an appealing solution

Less appealing than an eternity of MMR hell?

Plus some is given back and more can always be earned what you can't get more of is time. Like I said I don't expect people to agree or listen but what I'm saying is pretty true.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure.

While I'm at it I'll just sell my entire roster and soft cap everyone at 70 to stroll through PVE.

What an awesome idea, throw away 1050 days of playing so I can soft cap to avoid the problems the devs create because they don't have a grip on high level play.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is my radical idea. Introduce CL 8-10 where people in CL 9-10 can earn and win specific 5* characters.
    In off-season PVP just lock out 5* characters.
    Another radical idea make a 5* token for 150 CP!!!

I think my radical ideas are better then selling off all the 5* characters I have won and earned.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    if you join a club, go to a meeting, and see that you're surrounded by people spouting gibberish, you may want to rethink having joined.

Read the original post, other softcappers, and then stop and think about what you're doing with your lives.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys liked that pvp because most of you have a ton of 4 stars you have fully covered but also have a handful of 5 stars you're trying to level up to surpass other players who have been less lucky with legendaries.

For people without 4 stars fully covered, or hell, the new players with singular covered 4 stars, the event was a bust, like most pvp.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'd rather just make an alt account.