Quitting After Day 938

2»

Comments

  • DaichesDaiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:
    Sorry to see you go. RNG is literally the worst way to have progression. I'm day 864 have opened exactly 198 legendary tokens. I have 17 five star covers to show for that.

    I'm day 731 and according to my records have opened 475 LTs over the last 8 seasons (counting Season XXXII and Anniversary Season Together as both were short). 73 (including 5 sold and 2 in limbo waiting on a reply from CS) of those were 5star covers. But I only have 2 max covered.

    You get what you play for.

    Pretty much what I get out of this is you're saying that it sucks that my RNG luck sucks.

    But if only I played more I would have better luck?

    I'm happy for you that you are hitting the 15% pretty much on the nose. But "theoretically" I should have close to twice the number of 5 star.png covers that I currently do and that sucks.

    I started recording my pulls 8 seasons ago because my pull rate was atrocious. The first few of the recorded seasons it was still at 8%. The more pulls you do the bigger your sample size and the more likely you are that your pull rate evens out to the expected number. I have more than twice the number of pulls you've had lifetime in only 8 seasons. So a lot more opportunity for draws to even out.

    Trust me.
    I had 8/116 including 2 sold red SS after 2 seasons of recording. I ended up alright.
  • dr tinykittylovedr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    I started recording my pulls 8 seasons ago because my pull rate was atrocious. The first few of the recorded seasons it was still at 8%. The more pulls you do the bigger your sample size and the more likely you are that your pull rate evens out to the expected number. I have more than twice the number of pulls you've had lifetime in only 8 seasons. So a lot more opportunity for draws to even out.

    Trust me.
    I had 8/116 including 2 sold red SS after 2 seasons of recording. I ended up alright.

    For some people it will even out. But there is no guarantee because rng is rng. I know people who consistently get below par pulls despite playing pve and pvp and championing characters as much as I do.

    Me, I didn't keep records, but based on estimated number of possible pulls and my total number of covers including dupes, I'm probably slightly higher than 15% despite most of the pulls being before the increase to 15% draw rate. It doesn't make sense. It's not fair. It's not going to even out just because someone is trying or not trying.

    You can target to play hard or snipe events for 2-4*s. If rng doesn't want you to have 5*s, there's nothing you can do.
  • mjhmjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Add me to this list. I've about had enough after almost day 1000.

    The only reason I kept playing as long as I did is I got REALLY lucky with LTs when OML was the only 5*. He is by far the only card that mattered for a long time, arguably still.

    Things the devs need to improve:

    - when a new character is released, it shouldn't take 2 years to get all covers for them with moderate game play. All of the characters released in 2016 have less than 6 covers. Most of them have 1-3. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to place top in PVE to get covers, it's an unattainable goal for someone who goes to work everyday. Getting t5 in PVP is also pretty stupid.

    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    - I have sold way too many covers for a character sitting at 5/5/2 or something. This needs to stop.

    - Way too slow to make balance changes. I am playing Clash Royale and it's no wonder this game is crushing it. They make card balance updates every 60-90 days it seems which completely changes the meta. This is a good thing. Oh yeah and heads up PvP.

    goodbye
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    OML - Out of 100 odd characters you would think that more than 1 should matter. - Lets hope he will get revamp

    Please stop repeating something that is not true.

    Again, OML is not, by a long margin, the best 5, he is just the best starting 5! (he is just the first one you should level) OML and PH are everywhere because they are the first 5s most people have champed and because they play great together. But I am already seeing other 5s, and soon OML won't be in any 5 team (except maybe for climbing)
    mjh wrote:
    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    - I have sold way too many covers for a character sitting at 5/5/2 or something. This needs to stop.

    This. Now that soon we will have 11-12 5s, we need to add other ways of getting their covers.

    And 5 covers should be colorless, ASAP, Devs are already late.
  • My 5* pull rates:
    30/301 @ 10%
    46/360 @ 15%

    So 76/661

    I've opened almost 200 more and only have 3 more covers to show for it.

    The 5* system is totally flawed. I just champed all 4*s so those pulls didn't feel completely wasted
  • *200 more than Daiches that is
  • CalnexinCalnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    everything is still broken in my tier of play.
    (

    That is just... not quite heartbreaking. Discouraging?

    Having invested so much in the game, the top-tier players are basically using ~ 5-7 characters and ignoring the rest of their roster. Some sort of gating mechanic would work wonders. Universal scaling breaks down when you get to that level. An option to only use up to level X in any given event might add some life.

    Of course, they'd also have to scale down the rewards, in which case what's the point? A 5* player doesn't need 3* covers.
  • CalnexinCalnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:

    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    I think the power creep would kill the game. It's structured (currently) such that 5* are the endgame, and they are purposefully rare.

    If everyone had a 5* roster, we'd all be spending 10 min/match for 20-30 pts.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    everything is still broken in my tier of play.
    (

    That is just... not quite heartbreaking. Discouraging?

    Having invested so much in the game, the top-tier players are basically using ~ 5-7 characters and ignoring the rest of their roster. Some sort of gating mechanic would work wonders. Universal scaling breaks down when you get to that level. An option to only use up to level X in any given event might add some life.

    Of course, they'd also have to scale down the rewards, in which case what's the point? A 5* player doesn't need 3* covers.
    We kinda do need 3* covers.
    They give out LTs and CP.
    Which will have to do until we get a clear path to 5* covers.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,709 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    I disagree with this. If this were applied to all 4* would become even more useless (and that's saying something). At 1 5* a week I as a 3* player would have no real intensive to put any effort into 4* and would just skip from 3 to 5. I don't doubt that's the need for vets, but it would make a mess of the early game. Hopefully SCL 8-10 will address this exact concern when that arrives (and hopefully all 3 come soon and at the same time)
  • westnyy2westnyy2 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Day 873 here and I've been thinking a lot about quitting the last couple of weeks. I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

    All 3's are champed, all but 4 4's are champed and due to some nice pulls last night, I now have 7 champed 5's.

    I thought the Anniversary week overall was nice except for that dreaded Boss event which failed me in 2 ways. First, the scaling and broken bosses. Second, it was a re-skinned event that we've seen before. I was really hoping for a new type of event. The promise of battling alliance mates intrigued me but the final result was grind enough to get more points and win the elusive Mohawk Storm. Fail. The lack of feedback from the devs was also disheartening.

    So here we are starting a new season of the same old. Rapture and joy. Getting Banner champed and my Black Bolt up a little has given me a new sense of purpose but not much.

    So why haven't I quit? Is it CL8 on the horizon? Dr Strange? a lifted ban on X characters? Nope, none of those. It's my alliance. That's why I stick around. Our out of game chat is fun and lets us geek out a little over new trailers, world events and yes even MPQ. It's a break from real life stresses and provides a distraction. This is the greatest thing MPQ has given me. It sucks when I see long time vets leave because sooner or later it could be someone I'm friendly with or even myself. I hope the devs do read your post and take it to heart. Some good changes have been made but they are not enough.
  • AfrocigarAfrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I'm on day 1098

    I have felt that way many times with PVP, so I just stopped playing it. I'm in an alliance with different sub alliances. I was able to drop to one with no minimum and I begin to concentrate on PVE only. I hit PVP some if I want the progression.

    So try to find a more casual alliance or go for PVE only. The new PVE's are a lot less taxing. It would be a shame to lose your 938 progress.
  • mjh wrote:
    Add me to this list. I've about had enough after almost day 1000.

    The only reason I kept playing as long as I did is I got REALLY lucky with LTs when OML was the only 5*. He is by far the only card that mattered for a long time, arguably still.

    Things the devs need to improve:

    - when a new character is released, it shouldn't take 2 years to get all covers for them with moderate game play. All of the characters released in 2016 have less than 6 covers. Most of them have 1-3. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to place top in PVE to get covers, it's an unattainable goal for someone who goes to work everyday. Getting t5 in PVP is also pretty stupid.

    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    - I have sold way too many covers for a character sitting at 5/5/2 or something. This needs to stop.

    - Way too slow to make balance changes. I am playing Clash Royale and it's no wonder this game is crushing it. They make card balance updates every 60-90 days it seems which completely changes the meta. This is a good thing. Oh yeah and heads up PvP.

    goodbye

    So much this. So much all of this.

    Stop taking an effing dump on your playerbase all the time. I have played this game for 3 years, and I have quit twice, and now for good. Lesson learned. Both for the same reason- the inexcusable garbage treatment of the playerbase. Came back for the 500k iso from S.H.I.E.L.D. ranks just to endure the pile of tinykitty boss rush and being lied to about Devil Dino PvP compensation. It's not my fault the event didn't give out any iso, guys...

    Get your tinykitty together. Fix your tinykitty. Fix your treatment of your players. I have never seen such a great game so poorly run. Ever.

    Peace.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    I disagree with this. If this were applied to all 4* would become even more useless (and that's saying something). At 1 5* a week I as a 3* player would have no real intensive to put any effort into 4* and would just skip from 3 to 5. I don't doubt that's the need for vets, but it would make a mess of the early game. Hopefully SCL 8-10 will address this exact concern when that arrives (and hopefully all 3 come soon and at the same time)

    I don't think he meant someone like you, in 3 land, should win a 5 cover every week. I think this is for someone like me, with 3 5s champed and 20 4s champed. A lot of weeks go by without any 5, and I usually win around 100-150 CPs every week + at least one latest LT.

    We keep adding Rank levels, and the iso is nice, but I hope there is a use for this soon, and I hope it brings a better way of winning 5s.
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,316 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I don't think he meant someone like you, in 3 land, should win a 5 cover every week. I think this is for someone like me, with 3 5s champed and 20 4s champed. A lot of weeks go by without any 5, and I usually win around 100-150 CPs every week + at least one latest LT.

    We keep adding Rank levels, and the iso is nice, but I hope there is a use for this soon, and I hope it brings a better way of winning 5s.

    Lucky bugger. I have 20 4*'s champed and add the same amount of CP/LT's a week.

    I have one champed 5* and 9/7/6/6 covers in the next closest ones, RNG has "seen" to that.

    Players that have progressed to the upper levels of a tier should have a path to get to the next tier.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,709 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    broll wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    - increase the 5* draws. Players who play for around 1 hour a day should be getting 1 5* cover a week. Guaranteed. Figure it out.

    I disagree with this. If this were applied to all 4* would become even more useless (and that's saying something). At 1 5* a week I as a 3* player would have no real intensive to put any effort into 4* and would just skip from 3 to 5. I don't doubt that's the need for vets, but it would make a mess of the early game. Hopefully SCL 8-10 will address this exact concern when that arrives (and hopefully all 3 come soon and at the same time)

    I don't think he meant someone like you, in 3 land, should win a 5 cover every week. I think this is for someone like me, with 3 5s champed and 20 4s champed. A lot of weeks go by without any 5, and I usually win around 100-150 CPs every week + at least one latest LT.

    We keep adding Rank levels, and the iso is nice, but I hope there is a use for this soon, and I hope it brings a better way of winning 5s.

    I don't disagree with that, just adding some due qualification.
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    I don't think he meant someone like you, in 3 land, should win a 5 cover every week. I think this is for someone like me, with 3 5s champed and 20 4s champed. A lot of weeks go by without any 5, and I usually win around 100-150 CPs every week + at least one latest LT.

    We keep adding Rank levels, and the iso is nice, but I hope there is a use for this soon, and I hope it brings a better way of winning 5s.

    Lucky bugger. I have 20 4*'s champed and add the same amount of CP/LT's a week.

    I have one champed 5* and 9/7/6/6 covers in the next closest ones, RNG has "seen" to that.

    Players that have progressed to the upper levels of a tier should have a path to get to the next tier.
    Lucky you! I also earn that many comps and I have 0 champ 5☆s
    Phoenix @12 covers
    OML @11
    SS @11
    BiB @10
    The rest @1,2,3
    I'm 21 days from my 6th OML black
  • tizian2015tizian2015 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    It´s a shame, this thread was moved to off-topic. The reason why players quit should stay in General Discussion, except personal reasons.

    09/01/2016 was my day 365 and I´m in a process of thinking about quitting too for many game-related reasons. So have the courage to discuss this matter with your players!
Sign In or Register to comment.