Rarity of Black Widow Grey Suit Covers

PeeOne
PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure if this falls into character discussion or general...

GSBW has been my favourite character for ages... first fully covered 3, then first champion...

However there does seem to be a distinct lack of covers awarded for her - or is it just in my head??

As I said first champion just after they became available and yet I've on progressed her to level 176... whereas some of my much later champions have already passed her.

Is there a reason why her covers are rarer than other three stars?? Shouldn't having Natasha available mean the drop rate of its 3* version go up??

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ OBW.
    Get the 3 covers. max champ, rinse repeat.

There are rare covers, 3*s who have 2* feeders aren't in that category.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    She isn't any rarer than any other 3*. Just look at my latest hoard and you'll see she showed up plenty. Like most everything else in this game, it's in your head.

EDIT: fixed the link
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Probably just bad luck. She's one of my highest 3*s
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think its different for everyone. For instance, despite having every 3* championed, I find Sentry, Gamora & Squirrel Girl are well adrift of every other 3* on my roster now.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heck, GSBW is currently my highest level 3* character. Back when champions debuted, Steve Rogers and She-Hulk were in the lead by a substantial amount (partially due to recent event rewards I think) and she has lapped them.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Literally my most covered 3*, followed by Rocket and Groot and Cage.

For me, Punisher, Doc Oc and Hulk are the ones I get least.

That said, I don't know how the rotation of awards goes, if it's random or some kind of sequence. There are a lot of 3*s, so by the time one particular cover is offered as a reward it's a long time before they're up again. Some believe the more desirable 3's are given out less, like 3Cyc, IF, Cage, Switch, by design. I don't know if that's true or not.

What are there, probably 8-10 story events per month? So a standard rotation would mean a particular 3* would come up every 3-4 months.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    She's one of my most covered 3* at 188.

Hood and doom were the first for me to fully cover and they're still at 176(ish)

Just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes I guess
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    El Satanno wrote:
    She isn't any rarer than any other 3*. Just look at my latest hoard and you'll see she showed up plenty. Like most everything else in this game, it's in your head.
    Deadpool hasn't been offered on the PvE side of things in ages and ages (his current appearance is sorta weird as I thought that he was out of the rotation completely). Of course he appears in tokens and PvP normally.
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I have more covers for her than any other 3 star. Witch is the one i never seem to get covers for.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    One of my highest level champions, due to champing OBW more than 4 times.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's my highest-leveled 3*. That HAD been Rogers, my first champion 3*, but she got a flurry of covers last month.

She was one of my first champions as well so it's not like she just fwoomped her way up from 167 to 192, but she HAD been a half-dozen or so behind, and now she's ahead by a few.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I never seem to get Cyclops, Beast, or Squirrel Girl covers. GSBW is pretty high up there for me.

That said, she was my first 166 ever and she has definitely fallen behind a bunch of my other 3* characters now. I could definitely believe, from a game design perspective, that the farmable characters from 2*s actually have a lower drop rate.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed the bulk of the 3*'s day one...and never pulled a Patch cover. Even with a 2* feeder, he is one of my lowest 3* champs to this day.

And on that first day I pulled 6-8 She-Hulks, and that pace hasn't ever stopped - with no feeder she's still my top 3*.

Random Is as Random Does.
  • grewhorio
    grewhorio Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Storm is my highest at 229 followed by CMags at 220.

GSBW at 211 down to Blade at 192.

I champed Sentry, Vision and Cap Marvel late because *reasons* but they're all caught up now. Otherwise they were all day 1 champs.

I complained on LINE about my lack of Blade champion levels and then RNGesus gave me one so maybe He does listen?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My rare little snowflake is 3* Falcon - he's one of my favorite 3* (I use him every day in the Big Enchilada), and he's only level 175, compared to the rest of my 3* which are considerably higher in level. manablue.png
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Tied for highest for me with hulk - and he gets free covers as rewards sometimes. Just rng.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I championed her first day, and she has been my highest leveled character consistently since then (always surpassing Blade, my other first day champion). She's 195 right now, championing 2-star BW only once. Meanwhile, Captain Marvel is at 182, having added seven covers to her the day I championed her, and having championed 2star CM twice.
    Just yesterday I updated my roster in gamependium, and while Widow got like eight covers since last update, Iron Fist got just one (from Deadpool Daily, I suppose).
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Literally my most covered 3*, followed by Rocket and Groot and Cage.

For me, Punisher, Doc Oc and Hulk are the ones I get least.

That said, I don't know how the rotation of awards goes, if it's random or some kind of sequence. There are a lot of 3*s, so by the time one particular cover is offered as a reward it's a long time before they're up again. Some believe the more desirable 3's are given out less, like 3Cyc, IF, Cage, Switch, by design. I don't know if that's true or not.

What are there, probably 8-10 story events per month? So a standard rotation would mean a particular 3* would come up every 3-4 months.

I'm pretty sure that, intentionally or not, 3* Cyclops is one of the least-awarded covers since championing started. He was one of the first people I champed, and he's still at 188, when most of the 3*s I champed on days 1&2 are now at least 200 (my characters that benefit the most from 2* farming tend to be 8-10 levels ahead of the others).
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    My lowest pulled 3* covers being pulled are SW and IF. I've had them Champed since the feature was introduced and they are just not breaking 190. The ones under them are because I champed them much later. Only Spidey left to champ of my 3*'s.