Champion rewards

elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know it's been said in sub forums. But I am wondering since we have not heard from d3:

Are we going to receive the new 4 star champion rewards if we already have the champion above 183?

I understand that we already received rewards but comparatively they are lame. I know I would much rather have winter soldier than captain Falcon or punisher over Electra.

It seems that not giving retroactive rewards is punishing players for using the champion system. Because I for one am not willing to start a whole new character to get those rewards. The only one I am bummed about is the changing of iceman right before I got him icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    As Wolverine would probably say, tough luck, bub.

You'll get plenty of other chances to win those 4*s.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    It seems that not giving retroactive rewards is punishing players for using the champion system.

If you believe this, then you should probably quit playing.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems that not giving retroactive rewards is punishing players for using the champion system.

How was anyone punished? You added champ levels to gain other rewards such as Tokens, Iso, CP and HP in addition to a few specific 4* covers. If you knew 6 months ago that Scarlet Switch was giving Quake covers, would you avoid adding champ levels? No because then you're left with a weaker 3* than all the other players adding champ levels. Most players seem to be upset that they were near a very wanted/needed 4* and now will not receive it because the 4* changed (e.g. Sentry giving Moon Knight instead of Red Hulk) and those are the ones I do feel bad for but this champ update was expected eventually as more 4*'s were added. Also keep in mind that many players requested updated Champ 4* rewards.

Personally I missed out on a purple Winter Solider and a purple Drax but I acquired a Yellow Falcap and Purple Starlord.. would I had preferred the new 4*'s, maybe but I do not feel punished, and I am the Punisher icon_lol.gif
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526

How was anyone punished? You added champ levels to gain other rewards such as Tokens, Iso, CP and HP in addition to a few specific 4* covers. If you knew 6 months ago that Scarlet Switch was giving Quake covers, would you avoid adding champ levels? No because then you're left with a weaker 3* than all the other players adding champ levels. Most players seem to be upset that they were near a very wanted/needed 4* and now will not receive it because the 4* changed (e.g. Sentry giving Moon Knight instead of Red Hulk) and those are the ones I do feel bad for but this champ update was expected eventually.

Personally I missed out on a purple Winter Solider and a purple Drax but I acquired a Yellow Falcap and Purple Starlord.. would I had preferred the new 4*'s, maybe but I do not feel punished.
    Yup, that's my thinking too. I have on many occasions found that the 4* reward was a 6th cover that I couldn't use, yet I still leveled the 3* to 183 because not doing so will weaken my 3* progress. Never regretted. Eventually you will get that 4* champed. It's like 1 extra champ level, it's useful but not game breaking.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I understand that we already received rewards but comparatively they are lame. I know I would much rather have winter soldier than captain Falcon or punisher over Electra.

However, not everyone is coming at it from the same perspective. If you had a championed or undercovered FlapCap and Elektra, you might appreciate those covers instead of WS or MaxPun. What may be "lame" for you, might be "essential" for another player. It's an unfortunate side effect of a major positive change that we knew would be coming at some point. The change was not implemented with malicious intent to deny players what they were due. Worst case scenario, you are getting an extra 1000 ISO. Best case, you are adding a 4* champ level with all other scenarios falling in between. I don't see any true punishment there. I hope you continue playing and can move past this small setback in your roster growing plans.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I know it's been said in sub forums. But I am wondering since we have not heard from d3:

Are we going to receive the new 4 star champion rewards if we already have the champion above 183?

It seems that not giving retroactive rewards is punishing players for using the champion system. Because I for one am not willing to start a whole new character to get those rewards. The only one I am bummed about is the changing of iceman right before I got him icon_e_sad.gif

I'll answer your question with a question:

When Daily Resupply Rewards have been changed, were you granted the "better" rewards that were added to the days you already passed?
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler

If you knew 6 months ago that Scarlet Switch was giving Quake covers, would you avoid adding champ levels? No because then you're left with a weaker 3* than all the other players adding champ.

I absolutely would wait. I don't use 3 stars except for utility so it they provide usable 4 star covers I would wait

Champion rewards are one of the few surefire ways to get certain covers and losing out on those hurts progression. Whereas rewarding those players who have gone past the reward for loyalty is great PR.

Also if I remember correctly (and it was a while ago) when cp was added to the daily supply I think older players got a small amount free