Not trolling...just in disbelief

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
"The developers have already provided a statement thanking players for their feedback. If and when they have additional info they'd like to present we'll be sure and post it.

Thanks."

The above is a very recent response from David (Hi-Fi) to the now locked thread regarding the atrocious mess which was Boss Rush. EVERYONE wants the devs to explain why scaling was so horrific. However, what we got was a patronizing response "thanking" us for our feedback. It wasn't so much feedback as it was true vitriol. The response above once again blows off our concerns and basically tells us to go away. Because of David's purely non-empathetic comment...I'm truly finished giving D3 any more of my hard earned money. Oh, I'll play for free, but I simply refuse to give any more money to a company that treats their customers so poorly.

David, all you had to do was truly acknowledge our displeasure over the event and I would have felt heard. However, you issued the generic company response...so no more money from me.

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi, zonatahunt.

I acknowledge your displeasure over the event. And there is already a 40 pg. thread voicing displeasure with the event where both myself and the devs have commented. If the devs have further comment or anything else they are able to provide, it will absolutely be posted. Opening new topics about the same subject is not going to provide anything new, and is against forum rules.

Thanks.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you looking for a response like the infamous one we got for Galactus last year: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33616&p=424811#p424811

I would imagine we will gain a response that will address our concerns when they re-run Boss Rush for the second time like they did for Galactus last year: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33992
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    1cr969.jpg
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    No one is mad at you Dave. You're just doing your job. People just want an explanation and some don't know how to control their emotions. Please don't take it personally icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • zonatahunt
    No one is mad at you Dave. You're just doing your job. People just want an explanation and some don't know how to control their emotions. Please don't take it personally icon_e_biggrin.gif

Nope, I'm emotionally in control. I just expect more from companies I buy products from.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    zonatahunt wrote:

Nope, I'm emotionally in control. I just expect more from companies I buy products from.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, only those that were flaming in the 40 page thread.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, only those that were flaming in the 40 page thread.

Oh, okay. I stopped reading that thread, because trying to slog through 40 pages of text is too much. Also, if that's where the devs responded to our anger it sure wasn't until very late into the thread, so maybe it wasn't the best place to provide a response so many people were waiting for. If the devs had started their own thread addressing the issue I bet it would have been seen by all, as opposed to apparently going unread in a 40-page firestorm. Makes sense to me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why I've started stalking reds by searching for their specific posts, so that I can find the ones buried in the middle of a 40-page thread!! I learned that he posts on the mtg msg board as well icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]If the devs have further comment or anything else they are able to provide, it will absolutely be posted.
    It's the "if" that we don't understand. When a company releases a product that figuratively sets people's hair on fire, the lack of "further comment" is pretty baffling. Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard for whomever is pushing the buttons try to explain why there was such a huge disconnect between what we consider to be a good event, and what mr. button-pusher thinks is a good event.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    The first rule of Boss Rush is you don't ask questions about Boss Rush. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:

Dude if that was flaming, man this board is softer than i thought, not everything in the world is so polar. Things aren't peachy and great jobs devs or flaming. thats not how life works.

All i saw was a bunch of peeved of people who felt slighted after THE LAST 40 page thread where someone told them they were supposed to lose.

A good chunk spent money and a good chunk on these forums have rosters and invest more than a good chunk of the rest of the player base combined.

The issue is playing nice guy, or trying to separate yourself from "the angry unwashed masses" doesn't make you seem wiser or more tolerant, and it isn't better feedback than emotionally tinged ones, nor did it make the event less ****, nor does it provide the feedback needed from repeating the same mistakes over and over after being told how bad an idea this was last time.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Anniversary 1: Intro of the dinosaur
    Anniversary 2: "you're supposed to lose"
    Anniversary 3: "thanks for the feedback"
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, zonatahunt.

I acknowledge your displeasure over the event. And there is already a 40 pg. thread voicing displeasure with the event where both myself and the devs have commented. If the devs have further comment or anything else they are able to provide, it will absolutely be posted. Opening new topics about the same subject is not going to provide anything new, and is against forum rules.

Thanks.

David,

The issue is that both comments made about this issue from you and the devs were non-comments. You basically only said "We hear you. Thanks for the feedback. We aren't going to do anything now, including communicating further about this beyond rehashing that we appreciate feedback"

I suggest you read up on this for your next fire to put out:
    http://melissaagnes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/MA_Infographic-page-001-1000wide.jpg
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Thanks, Daiches. Well put. My own small comment on the matter is to note that the commentary from the community on this is largely identical to what was received from the first run of Galactus. Lesson not learned, apparently.