Shield Simulator SCL = Season SCL??

SeraphimLP
SeraphimLP Posts: 22
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As shown in the title - when I choose a Clearance Level for the Simulator, the Clearance Level for the Season have to be the same?? I chose Level 1 for the Simulator and thought, they are operating independently from each other? I didn´t want Level 1 for the Season... Work as intended?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe you must choose your CL level first for the PVP Season THEN choose your CL for SHIELD Sim and other PVPs. If you choose the CL for PVP (e.g. Daken's Fatal Attraction) or SHIELD Sim then your PVP Season CL is auto-assigned based on what CL you chose for the specific PVP event. As a result you are now CL 1 for PVP Season as well.

Not sure what SHIELD Rank you are but you should never choose CL 1. Keep in mind that matchmaking and scaling remain the same across all CL, therefore choosing CL 1 will NOT make your matchmaking or scaling any easier. However it may help with placement if that is what you are trying to do but CL 1 has really lousy rewards and is only intended for players who just joined the game.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    If you choose your Clearance Level in PvP events or Shield Sim, it will choose whatever level you chose to be your season CL as well.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    SeraphimLP wrote:
    As shown in the title - when I choose a Clearance Level for the Simulator, the Clearance Level for the Season have to be the same?? I chose Level 1 for the Simulator and thought, they are operating independently from each other? I didn´t want Level 1 for the Season... Work as intended?

I haven't started this season yet, to verify that it hasn't changed, but last SCL season, Season CL was whatever you selected for Sim, independent of what you selected for the first event.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I looked at the rewards structure for each CL. It looks like you should always be choosing the highest ones or just one below the highest. Otherwise even you rank better, the number 1 reward is going to be the same as the placement reward for a higher clearance level at a lower rank.

I think they introduced Clearance levels to ensure that newer players don't get too far ahead and get crazy strong 4 star characters before they are ready for them. And also higher clearance levels will filter out all the newbies who have crazy easy scaling from competing with the vets for the same rewards.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't you read their post where they announced they were bringing CL to this new season, and the detailed explanation of how they work and what would happen if you wanted to choose different CL for different events?

I didn't either... I'm sure it's around here somewhere... wait... it isn't?

Maybe it's a new method of game management, they just throw stuff out there and watch you figure it out... my dad used to do that... threw us in the pool and told us to figure it out... I hate swimming to this day. I still haven't forgiven my dad either.
  • I thought, people with 5* don´t choose those low Clearance Levels. I was wrong.

But they didn´t communicate how it works. So how should I know it? It´s really annoying (bye bye Heroic 10-Pack!) but I think I have do deal with it for this season.