How much guaranteed ISO/day?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Question for all you mpq stat junkies. Can you please provide the amount of ISO and regular tokens guaranteed by doing the following amount of gameplay:

* Clearing pve sub six times, all 9 nodes (3 easy, 3 hard, 3 required)
* Clearing DDQ
* For fun, let's say you do around another 5 nodes, such as loaner, single-prize pve, some pvp, etc

This doesn't include FB friend gifts or any additional iso from champion rewards or selling covers, nor does it include progression or placement rewards, as those are variable amounts.

I'm trying to champion a 4* who's at lvl 115 and has a cover that expires in 9 days.. I'm curious whether that can be done icon_e_smile.gif Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IIRC, from level 115 it's about 330k iso, give or take. It's pretty tough to do 35-40k per day, in my experience. I'm doing between 20-22k on average.

Without looking up the exact values:
    PvE is about 10k per 24-hr sub, including placement. (CL7)
    DDQ is 3700
    5 random nodes is about 150 per, depending what it is.

That's ~14450. So you need another 20k from other sources, tokens, champion, facebook, $$, whatever.

I do know people that with facebook gifts can do in the 35k+ range, so not saying it's impossible, but you got your work cut out. It will just require a bunch of grinding.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it. Thanks. If I know that I'll definitely lose that extra cover before then, I'll feel better giving up all hope now than tensely grinding for 9 days, only to not have quite enough ISO for her.

I'll probably champion her anyway and just wait for the next cover to show up, maybe a few days, weeks or months from now.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have a bunch of tokens saved up (especially tacos), that can definitely help. If you're at spot where you can get the extra 30k+ from moving up a shield rank that also helps.

I would certainly at least try to gun it for a few days and see where you're at. Everyone's iso rate is different, so it's hard to really project unless you know your own.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    It's tough. If you want to make it, you better play more Lightening rounds. For each round, you first enter early and fight the seed teams. That will net you 2~3k already. If you fight enough rounds during those two days, you will gains lots of ISO and 2* card for farming. If you got couple matured maxed championed 2*, you will be able to make it.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, selling any maxed 2* champs you have would help.
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Plus, with all the grinding and potential leveling up of 2*s, you might gain another shield level, which ought to give a one-time ISO boost of ~20k, I think.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tracked my Iso for a while - just noted how much I got each day (not taking out any expenditures.) I kind of stopped when I got a consistent number.

My average came out to 27K Iso a day. It got as low as around 20K Iso on the weekends, and since I clear the seed teams on the LRs a lot, it got as high as around 37K Iso on Wednesday. This includes a decent but not ridiculous amount of PVE play, consistent PVP play, and getting many of the seed teams with sometimes a bit extra on the LRs.

So I use 20K/day as an extremely conservative estimate, 25K as a more realistic one - at least for myself.

If you're farming 2*s, you can always choose to wait until you max them again. Think of it as a loan to yourself. I'm going to champ FalCap with that - I have a cover expiring Tuesday and decided that missing out on a cover or two of 2* rewards is well worth less waste on the Legendaries...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could just buy that 330K Iso at the incredibly reasonable cost of $500 and even have some Iso left over! If you skimp and only spend $400, you'll still be short Iso and not have that character champed.

It's a bargain!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just echoing everyone else's general bemchmarks:

In my experience the following rough guides work well

10k/day is basically just logging in, clearing ddq, and opening some tokens

20k/day or is 4/6 in pve + ddq, and maybe an LR here or there.

30k/day is playing EVERYTHING, 6/6 in pve, max prog in pvp. All possible LRs to at least 100 points, etc.

Higher values are really only possible during special events.
    ________
    Note:

Those numbers may even be a bit low now with rank and CLs. i seem to be leveling up about once every 7-10 days, so thats another 3-5k/day, and CL7 end of sub/event iso is better too.

All told, i think you have an outside shot from just grinding TC. And you can definitely get there if you have a 2* or two to sell.
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    You may also get a boost from reaching a new Shield level. Selling a fully champed 2* may make up for the extra ISO you cannot grind out.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no idea what the actual ISO numbers are, but I know if I get a 4* cover when I'm low and the character isn't already over level 200, I just sell the cover. The insane scramble just isn't worth it, for me at least.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Had to sell a 1-2 max champed 2* to get my 4* champed. I would wait to sell any max champed 2* until the last day when the 4* cover expires. You don't realize how much you miss them until you sell them and then you are trying ddq with another 2* not max champed. It becomes much harder but still doable
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    A few weeks ago i was in the same situation (needed 360k in 12 days). That was a lot of grinding but succesful with average >30k/day (no FB).
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Had to sell a 1-2 max champed 2* to get my 4* champed. I would wait to sell any max champed 2* until the last day when the 4* cover expires. You don't realize how much you miss them until you sell them and then you are trying ddq with another 2* not max champed. It becomes much harder but still doable

Tell me about. Every time I use my new baby 2* thor instead of my old 144, all I can think is "You are so petty. And tiny."