We haven't forgotten about Boss Rush Demiurge!

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Demi:

You have now had 4 full business days to examine the data from boss rush.

You cannot just ignore the community's concerns and avoid this issue forever. Please comment on that event before the end of this week.

What was the intended difficulty level and pkayer experience? Was player performance substantially depressed relative to your expectations or prior boss events. Will you make any changes for future events? Will you provide any compensation for this event? Are alliance events for alliances, or just for individuals?

Finally, will you please acknowledge that the players do not enjoy the difficulty level that you seem to target when you make changes?

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    While I don't expect any compensation I would like to see some stats of how many players completed each level and what they plan to do for future runs of this event or ones similar to it. I actually liked the new variations of the 5*s and would like to see them in other events, just not 3 at a time or at the end of a wave node.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I have completely forgotten about Boss Rush. I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing that horrible ever happened to me.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I have completely forgotten, because I chose to take the weekend off as opposed to banging my head against the wall for clear after clear. It was actually refreshing.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one has forgotten but there has been some nice changes lately to try to make us forget!

• Clearance Levels for new PVE character releases
    • Coat of Arms refresh with 4/3/2*’s
    • New Season Naming based on Infinity gems
    • Starlord Rebalance
    • Upcoming Roster Filter
    • Upcoming IM40 quick power display
    • Upcoming Doctor Strange 5/3* with special PVE event

Along with some other goodies and changes on the way. Maybe we'll even see Clearance Level 8 and 4* DDQ next week icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, for one, didn't play it Saturday or Sunday. In fact, I only opened the app to play DDQ. If thats what other people did, those stats will be the onces they are most concerned about.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Honestly the red names have been posting and been on the forum, I understand that they need to craft a response and not just respond off the cuff but I really hope they don't think just ignoring all of the backlash is the way to go...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one has forgotten but there has been some nice changes lately to try to make us forget!

• Clearance Levels for new PVE character releases
    • Coat of Arms refresh with 4/3/2*’s
    • New Season Naming based on Infinity gems
    • Starlord Rebalance
    • Upcoming Roster Filter
    • Upcoming IM40 quick power display
    • Upcoming Doctor Strange 5/3* with special PVE event

Along with some other goodies and changes on the way. Maybe we'll even see Clearance Level 8 and 4* DDQ next week icon_e_biggrin.gif

I will focus on these aforementioned positive changes and ignore all the hateration about previous mishaps. Adding in SCL 8 would be amazing. I would be extremely grateful!!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Finally, will you please acknowledge that the players do not enjoy the difficulty level that you seem to target when you make changes?

This is the biggest talking point for me. Because it's not just us forumites. Facebook was blowing up with even worse rants about the ridiculous difficulty levels, and while I don't actually read reddit, I'm reasonably sure it was pretty negative over there as well. Seriously y'all...designing things around expected match losses in a game designed to severely punish one for losing matches is...I mean, do I even have to finish that sentence?? It's not fun, its incredibly frustrating, and it feels borderline insulting. Do you not want your players to have a good experience while using your product? That seems like a pretty bassakwards business model to me...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 Looking at the stats of people who got the Yellow Peggy Cover... then coming to the forums:

“But the [covers] were [available]…”
    “[Available]? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the [Cover] department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you [got] the [cover], didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was [available] in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    I have completely forgotten about Boss Rush. I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing that horrible ever happened to me.

You've blocked out the traumatic experience, while I've developed Stockholm Syndrome. You're all invited to our weeding we're registered at Bed Bath and Beyond.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Not forgotten. In fact I kept playing and dying on turns 1-3 just to give you more data for your analysis. I did my part now do yours.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    People have forgotten about the Devil Dino PvP that did not give out ISO for the majority of the time it was available.
    Those affected the most were the ones that climb early and shield (i.e. Spend HP ($$))
  • People have forgotten about the Devil Dino PvP that did not give out ISO for the majority of the time it was available.
    Those affected the most were the ones that climb early and shield (i.e. Spend HP ($$))

I haven't forgotten

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53485
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

This is the biggest talking point for me. Because it's not just us forumites. Facebook was blowing up with even worse rants about the ridiculous difficulty levels, and while I don't actually read reddit, I'm reasonably sure it was pretty negative over there as well. Seriously y'all...designing things around expected match losses in a game designed to severely punish one for losing matches is...I mean, do I even have to finish that sentence?? It's not fun, its incredibly frustrating, and it feels borderline insulting. Do you not want your players to have a good experience while using your product? That seems like a pretty bassakwards business model to me...

Aside from the constant deluge of new characters, the difficulty is killing this game. It leads to players relying on (read: exploiting) certain combinations of characters to progress as quickly as possible. And I don't blame them. I understand that some folks will always be looking for the quickest, easiest way to solve a problem. So many of the matches the devs force on us are either a tedious slog or an unfair bullying that getting through as quickly and relatively painlessly as possible is the only option. Why even bother trying to use characters that are novel or enjoyable when the overall experience is joyless?

I am hopeful that things are changing. There have been some good rebalances, and I think that we could even stand to see some light nerfs, provided they don't go too far. Quality of life has improved significantly in the last 6-8 weeks, and I hope it continues. My one fervent hope is that the devs or project managers or whoever is in charge understands that the game is much better when players aren't being constantly ground down.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I kinda did forget. It's like basic training, the worst thing you'll ever do at the time and completely forgetten why it sucked later on.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    D3 Looking at the stats of people who got the Yellow Peggy Cover... then coming to the forums:

“But the [covers] were [available]…”
    “[Available]? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the [Cover] department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you [got] the [cover], didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was [available] in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
    dying.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    WHO CARES about the stats, though?

They can just lie and / or skew them to excuse and justify their behaviors. lol
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    The developers have already provided a statement thanking players for their feedback. If and when they have additional info they'd like to present we'll be sure and post it.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.