PvE variety

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Dear Devs....is fighting 3 nodes aka 18 battles of Yelena, Venom, Goon really the best you can do? Come on...with literally hundreds of in-game characters, its sheer laziness that you cant put together a little variety in these nodes.

If the story is "chasing Yelana", couldnt you at least pair her up with someone other than Venom in one or two nodes just to make it interesting?

The lack of variety in PvE is really disappointing. Theres thousands of potential stories that deal with the hundreds of characters included in this game and we fight basically the 12-15 characters every freakin node regardless of the event....every day....every week....every year. Its getting really old.

Spice it up and retire some of these dated PvE stories please.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always like to think that at some point, the Dark Avengers will be DEFEATED. And we'll either face some new enemies, or else we'll do a fantastic storyline like the icon_sentry.png one where we get to face a large variety of HEROES.

That's one of the main reasons why I actually enjoy Gauntlet and PVE Simulator. Because for once, we get to face different opponents other than the dreaded Dark Avengers.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    A lot of people complain about variety because then every node has a different ideal strategy that you have to figure out and then grind to dust. That means that you have to spend more time sorting through characters and more time losing, too.

I'm not saying I love fighting the DAs (Sim and Gauntlet are my favorite events) but there is some truth to the statement that you're just trading off one kind of tedium for another.

It would be really cool if they just had more different implementations of pve. Not every event needs to have the same optimal strategy. Imagine if they had one event which always had 8 hour refreshes and one event that had a permanent cap on attempts at nodes and another event etc etc. Then everybody who liked those play styles could look forward to those events and pve wouldn't get nearly so stale in general.

Also how cool would it be if events had actual boss fights at the end of the last day, which were Crash level of difficulty but only needed to be beaten once and automatically awarded an LT? I would play so much more pve if they did that.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Or a boss node that unlocked upon hitting a certain progression level.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, the PvE events are boring because of the lack of variety. Since we have to play those nodes 6+ times each, it gets tedious.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    It looks like we're going to get a new PvE event for the debut of Doctor Strange. Before that, the last 2 new PvE events were Webbed Wonder and Venom Bomb. One of which is pretty well liked, and one of which....isn't, and neither have much of any Yelena in them (and they don't really revolve around DA, though Venom Bomb does feature them).