Attack tiles and such.

Orchedelia
Orchedelia Posts: 46
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm about 50+ days in, soon champing my 9th 2*, and having a romance with 2* Johhny Storm's "Flame Jet" which perpetually sends damage every turn as long as you feed it greenflag.png .
And yesterday I got my first blackflag.png from 3* Storm and now I understand the value of a sea of attack tiles.

I'll mention from the get-go, I've always had way more 3* covers than anything else - luck of the draw - but with so many single-cover 3* I've had to watch most of my heroes sit on their hands from the sidelines and wait their turn. (rostered or in queue 32 3* heroes right now!)

My question:
Without going into 4* territory...what do you guys like for perpetual damage as I start watching 3* Land? (AKA the old holiday pitch, "The gift that keeps on giving")

I fiendishly enjoy watching villains get pummeled while I do absolutely nothing.

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    2 that come to mind for me at 3* level are Iron Fist (especially as its a passive, and will create a new one if matched away) and Dr Doom blackflag.png

Couldnt tell you how many times I have relied on that Iron First extra Attack tile damage to take down an enemy when match damage wouldnt be enough!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love buffing tiles. One of my early 3* teams was Daken/Psylocke/Falcon. Daken tanks and makes strikes, Psylocke had the cheapest attack tile at the time, and Falcon keeps buffing them. Iron First eventually replaced Psylocke because his strike tile was free. It's a different game seeing how long you can protect your buffed tiles and how high you can get the damage each turn.

I still do this now, except with Prof X, though now that's also with my 5* Phoenix.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blade's purple takes a little time to set up, but the attack tiles combined with the strikes from his passive are absolutely savage.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also used to do Big Enchilada with Carnage/Prof X/3* Spidey. Match purple to make protects, then use it to invis Prof X, and buff tiles to kingdom come. Though I know this isn't 3*.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3Storm is the queen of attack tiles. When you finally get her champed, her black will tear thru enemies like paper. When she's buffed, it's even more insane. The only downfall is her low health, so a good strategy is to bring along someone who can tank black (Hulk & Daken are good choices if you can keep their level higher).

Doom is the king. His attack tiles are fewer so you need to work more to protect them, but each one is about as nasty as it gets with 5 in black. Amazingly, his purple is even better (tho a bit slow).
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    A word of warning for Iron Fist though. When his attack tile gets matched away, he'll only put a new one when there are no other attack tiles. So when you use him, don't team him up with another character that can put down attack tiles. His is always the one that deals the most damage, so if you can't replace it because you have several inferior ones (or even one) on the board, well, he just got a useless ability. Same goes for Luke Cage, btw, he won't put down a protect tile if there's another one present.