I admit I was wrong

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
During the unravel of the new Star Lord rebalance I complained he looked worse but I admit I was wrong.

When Legendary tokens were implemented I was blessed with 7 of my first 10 pulls being Starlord (other 3 were Awesome Hulk.. no joke). This was one reason that led to my retirement earlier this year. Well he's currently at 5/3/4 and I'm glad to say that I have another decent 4* on my roster.

Yes at first glance he looks weaker but his purple is much better. It damages all enemies at all covers, not just 5. He places and overwrites 3 CDs of your choice for only 10 AP (8 with yellow CD). This opens up some options, create a 5-match (purple is strongest color), or overwrite goon or special tiles (like Steve Rogers!).

His red is no longer a CD so instead of telling the enemy to turn around for 3 turns, now he just punches them in the face immediately! Damage gets pretty good once the board is full of yellow and purple CDs.

Finally the Yellow power reduces all color powers but black (still bothers me since Gamoras best and expensive skill is black). Against goons, this power goes off like crazy! I was using Groots blue by turn 3. I think he'll be great in Survivor Wave nodes as well as a great counter against enemies that have 1 or 2 goons and obviously goons overall.

I'm gonna try him with a few different teams but he is definitely a solid support character and I wanted to take back my negative opinion. I was wrong.. please continue the rebalances.. get some 3*s next.. Spidey pleaseee

Comments

• Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Overall I agree with you he's better but for me at 5/1/1 he now sucks and I probably won't win his Crash.

My purple was a 4k damage maybe a bit more even at a low level and now I'm at 3k if I keep all three tiles alive.

His yellow is useless for crash as well because you want to deny those powers going off entirely. I don't know why they didn't make it like Peggy's passive but I guess he'd then have been op.

Oh well at least pve got a little easier for some. I'll stick with Jean grey, switch and Peggy though.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    You weren't wrong!
    You were.... unbalanced!
    icon_eek.gif
    icon_lol.gif
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    icon_lol.gif
    icon_mad.gif
    icon_lol.gif
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone who can admit they are wrong on the internet gets a thumbs up from me.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very analytical and I think the new Star Lord is better than the old one. He's got utility (cost reductions, AP production), defense (overwriting any tile) and has a good damage-per-AP ratio. Nevertheless, he's not your all time quarterback, but he'll kick butt against goons.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    bbigler wrote:
    I'm very analytical and I think the new Star Lord is better than the old one. He's got utility (cost reductions, AP production), defense (overwriting any tile) and has a good damage-per-AP ratio. Nevertheless, he's not your all time quarterback, but he'll kick butt against goons.
    To be fair though, even his original design was geared more towards a support character. I really like this version of him and it lets you kinda decide if you want to have a character to have a giant nuke to one character or some AoE damage instead. I think I want to go more towards the Nuke, but I haven't decided yet for the long haul. I do want his yellow at 5 for sure. Right now he's 5/4/3 because of how my luck was when he was absolute garbage.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I admit that you were right? Now you don't have to choose what build you want!