It is far past time DDQ updated it's rewards

DAC169
DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
Recently we had double ISO for DDQ, and everyone rejoiced. 2 Anniversary DDQs featuring Devil Dino with double ISO? Hurray! The next DDQ is also double ISO? Woo-hoo!! Back to normal ISO? Nnnoooooooo!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
DDQ has not updated it's rewards since it started, other than 1 set including CP. Well, the rewards were fine when it first started - there were fewer 3*s and a ton fewer 4*s back then. But nowadays? It's really not much at all. The rewards are far overdue for an update!

Changes DDQ needs:
  • Big Enchilada - The only wave node to not give something for each wave defeated. Why? We've seen wave nodes that give ISO for earlier wave & a 4* cover for the last wave(Duck Season). It really needs to give out something for each wave, not just a single 3* cover if you beat it all.
  • Progression - Only being able to get a bonus if you can beat everything is insulting to the players, especially those lower players who don't have the required 3*. At minimum needs another progression reward for those that can beat the 3 nodes that don't require the daily 3* to play. Maybe an extra 500 ISO there?
  • More ISO - As stated before, fine when DDQ started, but far too low now. Although double ISO wasn't a huge boost, it felt so much better and seems about how much should be available from DDQ all the time.
  • No CP - When they introduced CP, DDQ had one set where you could get CP if you cleared all the nodes(the ISO was bumped down to 14999 points). But ever since then it's been back to the original rewards. Why? It doesn't need to be much CP, maybe just 1 a day.
  • No HP - None at all. Ever. Really? Just 25HP daily wouldn't hurt, D3! At max roster slot price, that would only be 1 extra slot every 40 days. And that's about how long it takes for 3 new characters to be released.
  • Only 2 tacos - That was fine when DDQ started and they worked like Standard/Elites/Heroics/Legendaries do. But when it changed to 2 cycling 300 item vaults, leaving it at 2 is a huge slap in the face for the players.

Some of these I always felt needed changed. Progression having only 1 reward for doing everything & Big Enchilada only giving a single reward for beating 4 waves never made any sense. I also never liked that there was no HP, but it really pissed me off when the community videos talked about "massive influx" of HP from DDQ and implying everyone was getting a lot more. I only pulled HP from the pre-vault Tacos ONCE (after all those videos and shortly before the change to vault), and it was the smaller amount (600 rather than 2900 I think they were).

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I don't agree with you pretty much across the board, and even down to your sig.

Could I use more ISO and tacos? Sure. But I'm also starting to feel that what some really want is a instant level button and are more interested in the final destination than enjoying the ride. I don't know how many MMOs you've played, but the players that continue playing after climbing to the peak of the mountain are rare. Most simply move on. I'm not at the top, but I'm confident in saying it's probably not as interesting you think it is, and chances are high you'd look around asking "OK, now what?".

"give me give me, I want more!" dissipates the struggle to improve, which is most of the motivation for playing. I think adding a 4* daily would suffice without alleviating many players motivation for playing. Ever increasing the amount of resources that are suppose to be, and intentionally are so, in small supply I think wouldn't improve the game at all, and might make it less interesting.

If you want to say it should be "adjusted for inflation", I agree, but done so in a way that maintains the "struggle to survive" aspect at the core of the game.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    DDQ rewards were updated back in July 2016
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to say it should be "adjusted for inflation", I agree, but done so in a way that maintains the "struggle to survive" aspect at the core of the game.

Seconded. This is in the same vein as the posts claiming that $100 should get you millions of ISO. I get the impulse and the desire for faster progression, but the fact is that in a game with no "end," once you collect all the PokeHeroes there's nothing really left to do. The thrill of stomping all over everyone with your shiny maxed out roster fades pretty quickly, although even then you'd still have to struggle against the mega-grinders with crazy scaling and MMR working against you, so you might even end up more frustrated.

I do agree that the 3700 ISO per day from the DDQ should probably be inched upwards to 5-7k given the fact that we're now up to our eyeballs in 4* characters, but awarding everything listed in the OP on a daily basis would flood the market a lot faster than you probably realize.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

Could I use more ISO and tacos? Sure. But I'm also starting to feel that what some really want is a instant level button and are more interested in the final destination than enjoying the ride. I don't know how many MMOs you've played, but the players that continue playing after climbing to the peak of the mountain are rare. Most simply move on. I'm not at the top, but I'm confident in saying it's probably not as interesting you think it is, and chances are high you'd look around asking "OK, now what?".

"give me give me, I want more!" dissipates the struggle to improve, which is most of the motivation for playing. I think adding a 4* daily would suffice without alleviating many players motivation for playing. Ever increasing the amount of resources that are suppose to be, and intentionally are so, in small supply I think wouldn't improve the game at all, and might make it less interesting.

Here is the thing in this game. At sac transition from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5 there is a time where you just don't feel like you are progressing because you just can't earn enough ISO. In the 4-5* transition or even just developing your 4* roster it is extremely slow. Shield rank and CL was suppose to fix it but the reality is they have not opened up the clearence levels to make it a reality. The devs talked about giving players the ISO for the level they are at. If they give me ISO in DPDQ and come out with CL 8,9,10 I know I would feel I had the opportunity to get more of my 4* up. As it is I still have 11 4* with 13 covers I have not championed. I have plenty of championed 4* but it takes me way to long to champion a 4* compared to how quickly they release characters.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

I'm with you, Sinister and I also vehemently disagree with the players who want an everyday 4* DDQ. It would rapidly lead to roster homogenization. Everybody would have 13 covers for every 4* far too quickly meaning everyone has the same roster from 4* level down which means literally the only difference will be in the 5* game and the champion level of your 4*s which will be universally hated. Give me more events, less frequent new releases and adjust for inflation and I'm happy. I think %K iso per day with a 25 HP kicker up from 3700 and 0 is reasonable.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can agree with OP's general intent, if not the minutiae of it all. What I will say is that Taco Time suffers from the same problem as everything else in this game. Namely, that rewards don't sync with the needs of players at different levels. SHIELD Clearance Levels are supposed to do that, but as evidenced by the fact that just about everyone on the forum, at least, seems to be CL7 and no one is satisfied with it. So basically a simpler solution would be to get the other CL's out the door already, and to make sure they scale everything to reflect that.