Fix your * event opponent matching already

Options
madoddvibe
madoddvibe Posts: 18
How about instead of making gems shinier, you guys actually do something useful like making sure that when you play an event, you only face decks that have been entered into that same event by other players?

What's the point of having these lofty secondary objectives which require special builds with specific cards and drawn out matches if every opponent you face is a level 60 so-and-so with synergetic mythic-stacked builds designed to make you have a bad day as quickly as possible? Or a level 6 so-and-so that somebody bought and forgot about and manages to die within 3 rounds?

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not what you're hoping to hear, but I like it that you have to face non event op decks.

It basically sets you up with a handicap, and tests how well your deck was constructed to account for being outclassed.

The fact of the matter is, we're still getting a lot of ties with perfect scores, and I think we need to do this more, not less.

Something needs to be done to increase the difficulty of the event games. Ideally it would be true pvp of course, but this is a semi decent placeholder.
  • madoddvibe
    Options
    I see your point but still disagree. I don't think the right way to break a tie is to unfairly penalise a player. Rank should be predominantly determined by skill, not luck. If they're going to set secondary objectives then everyone should have an equal chance to achieve those objectives.

Can you honestly tell me you enjoy long drawn out 15 minute battles which consist mainly of you destroying your own creatures? You're literally fighting yourself... where's the fun in that?
  • madoddvibe
    Options
    There's obviously something very wrong with their algorithm... there's other issues too. Like have you noticed how even though there's hundreds of players in a bracket, you end up battling the same 5-10 players repeatedly? Across multiple events? I think probably a good 80% of my encounters have been vs Killwind or Kilpher.
  • HunMike
    HunMike Posts: 47
    Options
    In the current event i hadn't met decks outside the event yet. Had they fixed it or am i just lucky this time?
  • galro
    galro Posts: 14
    Options
    What I would love is having a "favorite" deck selector.
    So, pick one deck of each color and have that deck as your "match" for that color when the computer chooses you as an opponent.

Then I only need to maintain current my active decks and not all the other ones that I will never probably play again.
    But, even if I DON'T play them, other people may be playing against them, and that might give them an easy win.

I know I have faced off against a few level 1 Sorin's, etc in different events. Not only isn't it fun, but in the Emarkul's Corruption, it makes it nearly impossible to earn the ribbons before an outright win is made.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do you remember when they had it where you saw what PW you were going against and if you backed out of the match and went back in before starting said match you got a different PW? Yea, let's go back to that.....