Poll: Time for Daily Crash

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So as we fast approach more four stars than three stars and it can take a long time to earn those covers you want I'm intrigued as to what people feel about five daily crash of titans.

I personally love the challenge of the crash and would love for it to be made a daily part of deadpool daily. I'd even be happy for the reward to change to CP instead of a token. Waiting five days for the next crash is excruciating and sometimes it can be ten to thirty days before I get one I can win.

I'm hoping that there is an overwhelming response to increase the frequency of Crash Of Titans and the developers here this. As whilst there are a lot of pessimists in our community and Boss Rush and other Anniversary events didn't help, I do believe the developers do listen to what we say. Look at the past changes they made based on feedback from the community and surveys etc.

Anyway looking forward to thoughts and results icon_e_smile.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted for daily crash with 10CP prizes. 5 days at 10cp each is 50 CP, effectively double the current prize rate (with the added bonus that players could also buy less expensive classic LTs).

There are more than enough 4*s to support a daily crash now, and making more frequently will give players a slight XP boost and a new incentive to roster every 4* quickly (which makes demi/d3 money).
  • Azoth658
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I voted for daily crash with 10CP prizes. 5 days at 10cp each is 50 CP, effectively double the current prize rate (with the added bonus that players could also buy less expensive classic LTs).

There are more than enough 4*s to support a daily crash now, and making more frequently will give players a slight XP boost and a new incentive to roster every 4* quickly (which makes demi/d3 money).

I liked the CP idea because alongside pve and PvP you could potentially buy a new four star ability once a week and a specific five star in just over a month.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm down with either more frequently or daily, but if it were 10 CP instead of a legendary token, I would say that the difficulty needs to be scaled down accordingly. Most of my 4* roster is not competitive as the Crash currently stands. Maybe 1/3 of my 4* have a shot at it, and that's a ceiling.

So if I'm having to work just as hard with the 1/3 of my 4* who *can* win the thing, but now I'm getting half the reward for my labors...okay, maybe my victorious characters get to tackle the Crash once every month or so instead of once every three months, and that means 30 CP instead of (effectively) 25 in that same three-month period...but for that 20% increase in ROI, I'll have had to put in 3x the effort.

Not feeling that.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would definitely make the 4* progression far more important and exciting. Right now it seems like 4 stars don't matter until they reach 12+ covers and level 220+. My 3 star army between levels 170 and 180 are still far more powerful than my 4 stars at 190.
  • Azoth658
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm down with either more frequently or daily, but if it were 10 CP instead of a legendary token, I would say that the difficulty needs to be scaled down accordingly. Most of my 4* roster is not competitive as the Crash currently stands. Maybe 1/3 of my 4* have a shot at it, and that's a ceiling.

So if I'm having to work just as hard with the 1/3 of my 4* who *can* win the thing, but now I'm getting half the reward for my labors...okay, maybe my victorious characters get to tackle the Crash once every month or so instead of once every three months, and that means 30 CP instead of (effectively) 25 in that same three-month period...but for that 20% increase in ROI, I'll have had to put in 3x the effort.

Not feeling that.

I get what you mean although theoretically if you had one four star who could win or even your third were all back to back in rotation. It's not once every three months till you can win again. If there were no more four star releases it is 120 days to rotate. That's four months. But we can assume four stars aren't going to stop. Therefore the problem will grow exponentially.

In those four months that's eight more four stars another 40 days of rotation. Then in the next 160 days that's another ten characters and 50 more days of cycle.

I'm really hoping the devs have noticed this growing cycle problem and intended a change sooner rather than later anyway. Because of the running order change xforce wolv won't have seen a four star clash in like half a year iirc.

I'd take a slightly lower reward for more frequency. Just so I don't have to go longer between wins. I mean crash has been my major source of growing my four stars alongside civil war. I'm probably about half crash wins and half crash losses now due to new character releases.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted keep as is...with this caveat: It's time for a clearance level version of DDQ.

Instead of 1*, 1/2*, 2*, 3* essential, wave for a 3* rewards, there should be an upgraded version which is 2*, 2/3*, 3*, 4* essential, wave for that 4*. With more iso to boot.

That gives you a daily 4* cover, and then crash can continue to reward a token every 5 days.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I think it should be a mashup, boss rush/combined arms, where you have to beat the wave with a 2/3/4, the 4* being the daily character needed to complete it. Phoenix would be the random boss 6/7 days.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Would you consider adding an ISO option (maybe 5k daily)? I am doing OK on covers and CP, but always need more ISO.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said yes with 10 CP. A daily LT pull seems a little extravagant, but by the time you can consistently beat every matchup, one every two days isn't going to give you a monster edge.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe twice a week, but everyday is way too much.
    If everyone has all the top tier characters they loose value and there would be too much competition.
    Why not fix pvp instead so everyone can "win" to a certain extent regardless of their roster.
    I do agree that ddq needs something new but maybe more like a higher tier wave battle that pays out 1cp , 2k iso , and a third taco token everyday?
  • DFiPL
    Azoth658 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Not feeling that.

I get what you mean although theoretically if you had one four star who could win or even your third were all back to back in rotation. It's not once every three months till you can win again. If there were no more four star releases it is 120 days to rotate. That's four months. But we can assume four stars aren't going to stop. Therefore the problem will grow exponentially.

Right. I'm not quibbling with the idea of accelerating the pace, because I don't have to wait forever for my next opportunity to win.

I'm saying if the pace were accelerated and the reward were cut from a Latest Legendary (equivalent to 25 CP) to just straight 10 CP, but the difficulty in winning the fight remains the same, my marginal increase from *that* character's ability to win is far outstripped by the additional work needed to win. Especially with, say, yesterday's Bucky/Panther clash. I drained my boosts hardcore to win that, and needed ten attempts. If suddenly I'm able to go every 40 days or so with Bucky, but now instead of winning that Latest Legendary I'm getting 10 CP, then I have to win two fights over the course of that 40 days just to get enough CP to buy a Classic. I'd have to win three fights in 80-90 days with Bucky to be able to afford the same Latest I already won for winning *one* fight with him.

That's the problem. If the rewards are scaled down to account for the frequency, then the difficulty needs to follow suit. If I'm getting less payoff for my efforts, then don't make me fight a Level 270 to get that payoff.

In those four months that's eight more four stars another 40 days of rotation. Then in the next 160 days that's another ten characters and 50 more days of cycle.
    I'd take a slightly lower reward for more frequency. Just so I don't have to go longer between wins. I mean crash has been my major source of growing my four stars alongside civil war. I'm probably about half crash wins and half crash losses now due to new character releases.

See, that's the key: "slightly" lower, maybe. I could see, like, 15-20 CP per fight instead of the token. Then I'm clearing 45 (or 60) instead of (effectively) 25 in the same time period. I'm still putting in more effort to get to that point, but instead of fighting three times as hard to only get the same LT plus 20% of the way to the next one, I could get two classics with that same 5 CP left over (assuming the lower value); my progress gets accelerated from the more frequent Clashes, but it doesn't feel like my effort just got diluted by 2/3 to make that possible.
  • DFiPL
    I voted keep as is...with this caveat: It's time for a clearance level version of DDQ.

Instead of 1*, 1/2*, 2*, 3* essential, wave for a 3* rewards, there should be an upgraded version which is 2*, 2/3*, 3*, 4* essential, wave for that 4*. With more iso to boot.

That gives you a daily 4* cover, and then crash can continue to reward a token every 5 days.

Love this idea. Green it, y'all.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

Six "free" 4*s covers a week is way too much. We'll all have the same rosters within 6-9 months. It's too fast. Maybe do it every day for 5 CP. That way you still end up with the same reward but with more options on how to use it. You can buy a Classic and basically get an "extra" token every 4 cycles or hoard it and use it to buy individual covers as you see fit. It gives better control and poor shlubs who don't have any chance at one fight can still beat 3 or 4 of them a week.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    My greediness wants the legendary token everyday, but that's not good idea on the dev's end. I think the 10 CP though is a great and simple balance.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd surely like something to more accurately provide a supplement to my Taco Time. An LT every day is definitely outside the realm of reasonable, though. 10CP might even be pushing it, but then again I have no idea how many people have the kind of roster to win it every day. Another idea might be to have that 10 CP for 4 days and then the LT for the fifth day.
  • Azoth658
    DFiPL wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Not feeling that.

Right. I'm not quibbling with the idea of accelerating the pace, because I don't have to wait forever for my next opportunity to win.

I'm saying if the pace were accelerated and the reward were cut from a Latest Legendary (equivalent to 25 CP) to just straight 10 CP, but the difficulty in winning the fight remains the same, my marginal increase from *that* character's ability to win is far outstripped by the additional work needed to win. Especially with, say, yesterday's Bucky/Panther clash. I drained my boosts hardcore to win that, and needed ten attempts. If suddenly I'm able to go every 40 days or so with Bucky, but now instead of winning that Latest Legendary I'm getting 10 CP, then I have to win two fights over the course of that 40 days just to get enough CP to buy a Classic. I'd have to win three fights in 80-90 days with Bucky to be able to afford the same Latest I already won for winning *one* fight with him.

That's the problem. If the rewards are scaled down to account for the frequency, then the difficulty needs to follow suit. If I'm getting less payoff for my efforts, then don't make me fight a Level 270 to get that payoff.

See, that's the key: "slightly" lower, maybe. I could see, like, 15-20 CP per fight instead of the token. Then I'm clearing 45 (or 60) instead of (effectively) 25 in the same time period. I'm still putting in more effort to get to that point, but instead of fighting three times as hard to only get the same LT plus 20% of the way to the next one, I could get two classics with that same 5 CP left over (assuming the lower value); my progress gets accelerated from the more frequent Clashes, but it doesn't feel like my effort just got diluted by 2/3 to make that possible.

I understand what you're saying and I think the reason I don't want it easier is simply because I love the puzzle element of one on one fighting.

But there could be a simple solution and that's scaling the node based on your covers of the essential. You've got one Bucky cover well the enemy only has three covers and is fifty levels higher. Your character is champed then rack the enemy to 300 or something.
  • DFiPL
    Azoth658 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Not feeling that.

I understand what you're saying and I think the reason I don't want it easier is simply because I love the puzzle element of one on one fighting.

But there could be a simple solution and that's scaling the node based on your covers of the essential. You've got one Bucky cover well the enemy only has three covers and is fifty levels higher. Your character is champed then rack the enemy to 300 or something.

Sure. What form "scale down the difficulty" takes is certainly up for discussion. I'm not saying "make it The Big Enchilada, but with 4* rewards." I'm fine with 1v1! But if I have to fight the Crash with Bucky three times to get enough CP to get that one Latest token, then that 1v1 fight needs to be less difficult. Because each time I tackle it I'm getting 40% of the reward I was getting previously (assuming 10 CP). Yes, I'm getting more overall fights, but if I have to do Bucky/Panther at the same difficulty as what we just had, and do it three times to get the same reward I was already getting, then a more frequent Crash isn't doing anything for me in the short term. It's regression.

I mean, longer term, once I have more than 13 or 14 out of 36 characters (ignoring Duck/Dino and not yet counting Luke Cage, Gwenpool, or the upcoming Blade) capable of winning? Sure. Then I'm ahead of the game. But until then, what's already a difficult mode for me because I can only beat about one in three fights slows my roster progress further because I still earn about the same reward as previously over 90 days, it's just taking me three times as many successful fights to do it.

And doing that doesn't help the 3->4* transition. All it does is accelerate the 4->5* transition for folks who need more CP so they can get more whacks at the 5* pinata.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    So, one possible option is to SCL gate the DDQ...

keep daily crash as is... for everyone.

But if you are over a set CL (and 7 seems sensible given the current gating) you get a DDQ that is 5 events...

a 2* only battle vs level 80 something enemies (levels to be set by someone who knows more than me)
    - Prize is 1,000 iso
    a 3* only 2-wave battle set like the current enchilada in terms of levels
    - Taco Token (if it aint broke...) + 250 Iso for wave 1 clearance
    a 3* only battle against level 120ish enemies
    - Prize is 2,000 iso
    A battle needing a specific 4* character
    - Prize is a Taco Token
    A harder Enchilida set for 4* or champ 3* characters
    - Prize is the 4* cover instead of the 3* including wave clearance of 250 Iso for waves 1/2/3
    Final clearance prize of 4,000 iso

So if you cleared the whole thing you would get:
    2 Taco Tokens
    8,000 Iso
    select 4* cover

obviously the levels of ISO could be different... (ie. higher) but that seems sensible.

I don't actually think the Taco Vault needs to change (other than maybe being shrunk slightly)

edit: Grumpysmurf said it faster than me.... icon_e_smile.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Gmax101 wrote:
    So, one possible option is to SCL gate the DDQ...

keep daily crash as is... for everyone.

But if you are over a set CL (and 7 seems sensible given the current gating) you get a DDQ that is 5 events...

a 2* only battle vs level 80 something enemies (levels to be set by someone who knows more than me)
    - Prize is 1,000 iso
    a 3* only 2-wave battle set like the current enchilada in terms of levels
    - Taco Token (if it aint broke...) + 250 Iso for wave 1 clearance
    a 3* only battle against level 120ish enemies
    - Prize is 2,000 iso
    A battle needing a specific 4* character
    - Prize is a Taco Token
    A harder Enchilida set for 4* or champ 3* characters
    - Prize is the 4* cover instead of the 3* including wave clearance of 250 Iso for waves 1/2/3
    Final clearance prize of 4,000 iso

So if you cleared the whole thing you would get:
    2 Taco Tokens
    8,000 Iso
    select 4* cover

obviously the levels of ISO could be different... (ie. higher) but that seems sensible.

I don't actually think the Taco Vault needs to change (other than maybe being shrunk slightly)

edit: Grumpysmurf said it faster than me.... icon_e_smile.gif

What about command points/Legendary tokens?

It's fine for 4* transitioners to say clash is to hard because there are lots of other routes to 4* covers in progression in PVE and PVP - clash is a rare chance at an LT and the RNG nature of 5* transition is brutal and a much less accessible step.

I'm all for clash being same difficulty (no one has a right to win and most clashes are winnable well covered at level 120) but daily for 10 cp. DDQ doesn't need complicating (Demi would only mess it up) the format is fine (double ISO would be nice though if they wanted to keep it there) it just needs adjusting to reflect volume of 4* characters now in the game.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    10 CP reward? That's like huge nerf if so since latest legend is 25CP worth. I voted "not daily but more frequently" since there wasn't better option.