Will we see Tamiyo, Field Researcher?

Options
mouser
mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Now that Lilliana 2.0 is out, the next PW we would expect to see if D3 follows the paper mtg releases is Tamiyo, Field Researcher. A three color planeswalker.

Out of 83 planeswalkers released in paper mtg, only three of them are 3 color.
-- Nicol Bolas (blue/black/red)
-- Sarkhan Unbroken (green/blue/red)
-- Tamiyo, FIeld Researcher (green/white/blue)

MtG PQ operates very differently from paper MtG in color commitments. In paper multi-color cards require heavier commitment by a deck to provide a consistent manabase. Whereas in MtG PQ there's zero downside to running multi-color cards or PW's. Imagine building a Sorin deck in paper MtG with Olivia, you're going to need a 3 color commitment.

What do you think? Three color Tamiyo a good idea or bad idea? Do you think D3 will do so?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    Now that Lilliana 2.0 is out, the next PW we would expect to see if D3 follows the paper mtg releases is Tamiyo, Field Researcher.
    Not quite. They are still missing Chandra, Flamecaller and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar from Oath of the Gatewatch. Either of those or Tamiyo could be up next.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Let's just hope Tamiyo can only play 3 supports, because we all know what will happen if you pair white (Hixus/Starfield) with any color that can make fast mana...
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's possible that there's some bug which prevents them from charging more than $99.99 for a single product, and we'll see Tamiyo when they figure out how to fix that.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    Now that Lilliana 2.0 is out, the next PW we would expect to see if D3 follows the paper mtg releases is Tamiyo, Field Researcher.
    Not quite. They are still missing Chandra, Flamecaller and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar from Oath of the Gatewatch. Either of those or Tamiyo could be up next.
    I don't expect them to go backwards. Chandra and Nissa both appear in Kaladesh, so I expect those to be their 2.0 versions.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think they'll make her but that she won't be three-colour
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    It's possible that there's some bug which prevents them from charging more than $99.99 for a single product, and we'll see Tamiyo when they figure out how to fix that.

You have an uncanny ability to blend objective sarcasm with absolute truth. Posts like this make my day. Thanks dude.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    I don't expect them to go backwards. Chandra and Nissa both appear in Kaladesh, so I expect those to be their 2.0 versions.

Yeah, I suspect we'll only see one each of Nissa and Chandra, either the OtG or Kaladesh version.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go backwards for more dual colored PW's though if the upcoming sets don't have enough of them.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    And then once they can figure out how to go above $999.99, they'll be ready to drop Nicol Bolas on us.