Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Sam Wilson

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah this got a great deal easier, lol.

Champed Craptain Level 288, won with 500 HP left.

Looking forward to seeing how much "easier" the Stretch crash got.
    Maybe Doom will only turn 95% of tiles to black instead of all of them.

I really wonder what their preferred level of difficulty for their game is.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just sunk all my health packs, untold amounts of boosts, 40k ISO to take him to level 190 and still sweet **** all.

I got her down to within range of a divebomb takeout ONCE and then, of course, a cascade gave her enough to photon blast and sonic boom me. Every single drop gave her AP in every single **** match. I literally couldn't do anything without sucking on a power the next turn.

**** this **** game sometimes, don't think I've ever come closer to launching my phone out the window.
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    Made it on the first attempt, no boosts, 2/2/5 l156 Flaptain. Denied black and red, went down to 200Hps, shot yellow+red. She was at 11k, luckily I had several yellow tiles on the board.
    Got a blackflag.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNG for the effort.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Done on 2nd attempt with 552 lvl 190 2 all ap boost and 2red yellow boost
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a blackflag.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNG for the effort.

Finally did her on my 12th attempt after leveling to 200 (with 200 health left) and got the exact same cover, one of the few 4*s I don't care about at all. She takes my number of 4*s with one cover to nine icon_rolleyes.gif

Quality troll, devs. I doff my cap.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5/3/4 Flaptain
    Fail first 2 @110
    3rd @ 120 - had 28 red but only 7 yellow all match - Fail
    2 more fails at 130 and 140, R/Y and B/P 30% dmg boosts
    6th try @ 150, R/Y and B/P 30% dmg boosts - won with 110 hp left - 30 red and 9 yellow = 16kish damage.
    cap marvel hard denied yellow - she ended that match with 30 - matched it every time
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Won first try with lvl155 5/3/5, no boosts.

Board started with a red match 5, which lead into a monster cascade and then I cast yellow and red on first turn. Took zero damage.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I failed 2 times with a Falcap 2/4/4 lvl 130 and boost.

With a lvl 160, 2 more tries were necessary to win. And boost. And with a massive yellow board. And 252 HP left.
    Not really a walk in a park.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got incredibly lucky on the second try with a 2/4/3, Level 165 Captain Falcon. I was down to ~150 hit points and she was still in the 7-8k range, but I had enough yellow & red to divebomb once and the board was packed full of yellow tiles so it downed her. I got a purple X-23 from the Legendary Token, bringing her to 2/2/3.

So, it looks like the difficulty adjustment they announced to this was only reducing Captain Marvel's health. Last time she was ~15,600 and this time it looked more like ~12,000, but I didn't make a note of the exact number (can someone tell me her starting health here?). Otherwise, her powers still appeared to be 5/5/5, as she still cleared all defensive tiles, had a 2-turn stun and generated black when taking hits. Is this what everyone else was seeing or did I miss something?
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    Got incredibly lucky on the second try with a 2/4/3, Level 165 Captain Falcon. I was down to ~150 hit points and she was still in the 7-8k range, but I had enough yellow & red to divebomb once and the board was packed full of yellow tiles so it downed her. I got a purple X-23 from the Legendary Token, bringing her to 2/2/3.

So, it looks like the difficulty adjustment they announced to this was only reducing Captain Marvel's health. Last time she was ~15,600 and this time it looked more like ~12,000, but I didn't make a note of the exact number (can someone tell me her starting health here?). Otherwise, her powers still appeared to be 5/5/5, as she still cleared all defensive tiles, had a 2-turn stun and generated black when taking hits. Is this what everyone else was seeing or did I miss something?
    I've been stunned this time but it might have lasted only 1 turn. I can be wrong anyway, did not think about it at the moment.
    Can anyone confirm? (just click on her powers)
  • ulcerousbrett
    Options
    Just beat with 1/5/5 lvl 117 and +2 r/y ap boost on 4th try. Starve red and black. Get lucky and drop your yellow when board is yellow heavy and red is already ready in the cut
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Johnmaclane

You're right, it's a 1 turn stun.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:

I've been stunned this time but it might have lasted only 1 turn. I can be wrong anyway, did not think about it at the moment.
    Can anyone confirm? (just click on her powers)

Captain Marvel is lvl. 270, 15641 health, destroys all protect tiles, 1 turn stun on black, generates 'only' 5 red on 863+ dmg and is utterly unbeatable with my lvl. 128 3/5/2 Flaptain.

I don't know what has been the general idea behind 'making some fights easier' but this is definitely one that could have been improved more. Marvel is the exact anti-Flaptain character, and does what she can for way too cheap in this fight. Flaptain only has his protects and they disappear in an instant, but it would be way better if Marvel only destroyed 3 protect tiles (red at lvl. 3-4 in stead of 5). So if you don't have 4 or 5 in red this fight can be as good as impossible without a very favourable board.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: 12 tries with with a L120 1/3/2 Sam, never even got close.

This time: L133 2/4/3, squeezed out a win with ~700 health left.

Strategy was pretty simple: deny red and black, try to collect enough red and yellow so you can fire yellow (preferably with a lot of yellow left on the board) then red 2x. The catch, of course, is that red and black seem to magically fall out of the sky for her all the time. On my winning attempt, I finally reached 28 red under 1k health, and it hit her for 6000 each time, which got me the win.

Reward: yellowflag.pngicon_thor.png +1 champ level.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took about ten attempts even with a 188 5/2/2. Basically you need to survive long enough to have 9 yellowflag.png and 28 redflag.png at once along with a board with enough yellow to fire off the abilities to get the one shot.

Did it with 534 health left and got a Iceman blueflag.png .
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, that was a really tough crash! It took ten tries for my 5/1/4 (level 160) Captain to beat Marvel. Even tough I`ve used +1 Y/R, +1 All and +20% match damage I got extremely unfriendly boards with lots of black for the other Cap. But finally I had a friendly board with lots of red which enabled me to collect 30 redtile.png so I could finish this crash afterwards.

RNGesus rewards me with token_legendary.pngicon_blackwidow.pngredflag.png bringing her to 0/1/1!
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Took 4 tries 5/5/2 lvl 150 PB R/Y StPile R/Y added 25 lvls in iso

Had 145 Hp left, used wings liberty little early but it kept from taking extra damage from her perfect timing cassades. Had 30 Red ap and only 1 protect tile but it was enough damage.

got this icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png eh
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed Captain Falcon for me; able to manage it first try no boosts.

Don't remember if she was 5/5/5 before, but it appears she is 5/4/4 now (yellow definitely generates 5 red no black; red definitely destroys all protect. Not sure about black).

So maybe easier? After my earlier statement with Jean Grey: I don't think they are getting particularly easier...
    Compared with the stats in Peter's Guide:
    Enemy Info:
    HP: 15641
    Match damage: 83/74/65/13/12/11/ 43 tutile.png / 3.0x whitecrit.png
    Abilities:
    - redtile.png Photonic Blasts, 7 AP - 1853 Damage, destroys all of your protect tiles
    - blacktile.png Hypersonic Punch, 9 AP - 3107 Damage, 2 turn stun, gives you a 65 damage strike tile
    - yellowtile.png Energy Absorption, Passive - If Captain Marvel takes more than 863 damage, gives her 5 red and 3 black AP
    In relation to that Cap Marvel's black deals ~500 less damage & stuns 1 turn and her passive gives her "only" 5 redtile.png. That doesn't quite fit in with my definition of making these battles easier.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If this is easier then I do not think they know what that word means.

l145 3/55 no boosts won on 4th try. Finally got the magic combo of 1) enough red, 2) enough yellow, 3) enough yellow tikes still in board to one shot her after getting yellow, 4) not having the ai collect enough black to kill me 80 times.

This fight is still stupid. Anything build with 5 red for her is just a recipe for pain.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/5/3 lvl 229. Won on 9th try with +2 all, +2 r/y, +50% r/y. Had to save to get enough red to do 1 yellow followed by 2 red casts.
    Definitely too hard imho.