Elite tokens

Tromb2ch2
Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that we are seeing cl more can we please talk about elite tokens again? Why aren't standard tokens replaced in all instances in higher cl? These piles of standard tokens don't really help me advance nearly anywhere as fast as elite tokens would. Even if I sell all covers I pull 250 iso on average > 100 iso on average. Unless they decide to add champ levels to 1*, 1* are useless to me.

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Now that we are seeing cl more can we please talk about elite tokens again? Why aren't standard tokens replaced in all instances in higher cl? These piles of standard tokens don't really help me advance nearly anywhere as fast as elite tokens would. Even if I sell all covers I pull 250 iso on average > 100 iso on average. Unless they decide to add champ levels to 1*, 1* are useless to me.

Because, at the moment, CL effects everything but node rewards. No matter what tier you are right now, the node rewards stay the same (the CP, the ISO, the boosts, and, yes, the tokens).

That being said, if it's possible in the code, I do think they should replace those standard tokens in the node rewards with elite tokens. Also, and perhaps more importantly, they need to replace the standard tokens in the daily reward pool with elites.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Replacing in the daily resupply after 6 months or a year makes sense. More than enough time to get your share of 1*s
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Standards have not been replaced by elites because they are different animals. Clearance levels or not, you would get less elites because they are better.

I'm in the minority that actually likes standards. I get so many of them for literally doing nothing and at worst they are free iso. For every hundred I get about four or five three stars and a handful of two stars (I farm so they're useful). That's a lot of value for tokens we take for granted.
  • Omega Red wrote:
    Standards have not been replaced by elites because they are different animals. Clearance levels or not, you would get less elites because they are better.

I'm in the minority that actually likes standards. I get so many of them for literally doing nothing and at worst they are free iso. For every hundred I get about four or five three stars and a handful of two stars (I farm so they're useful). That's a lot of value for tokens we take for granted.

I would hope that if standards were removed they would be replaced with the same amount of Elites.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    JohnLegend wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

I would hope that if standards were removed they would be replaced with the same amount of Elites.

But why? Standards give you mostly one stars, a few two stars and the rare three star here and there. Elite gives you mostly two stars and a handful of three stars. They're different tokens, they provide different value. Why would anyone expect elites to replace standards? As far as I remember, this has always been only wishful thinking from some players but I don't see what justifies such expectation.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omega Red wrote:
    JohnLegend wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

But why? Standards give you mostly one stars, a few two stars and the rare three star here and there. Elite gives you mostly two stars and a handful of three stars. They're different tokens, they provide different value. Why would anyone expect elites to replace standards? As far as I remember, this has always been only wishful thinking from some players but I don't see what justifies such expectation.

The expectation is from a poorly wordy dev message when they were first announced:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

Elite tokens will replace Standard tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to help players transitioning from 2-Star to 3-Star rosters."

After reviewing the preview of the rewards for Clearance 6 I think this needs to be replaced with:

Elite tokens will replace Heroic tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to prevent players transitioning from 3-Star to 4-Star rosters

The devs have since modified the original post to be more clear which I why I grabbed a quote of a quote.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Changed the last line in the original post to hopefully be clearer. The line now reads:

"Currently, Elite tokens are seen as Progression and Placement rewards starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+)."

That being said people are holding onto it because it's a change that would make a lot of sense. No one in CL5 or above needs 1*, they are just selling them. Giving them a better token that gives them 2* that can be used for champ farms or at least sold for 2.5x higher would be a nice and needed economic boost to higher level players.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    It would be nice to have an elite token as a reward in LR
  • Omega Red wrote:
    JohnLegend wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

Then why are we talking about replacing standard tokens with elites?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

Elite tokens will replace Standard tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to help players transitioning from 2-Star to 3-Star rosters."

After reviewing the preview of the rewards for Clearance 6 I think this needs to be replaced with:

Elite tokens will replace Heroic tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to prevent players transitioning from 3-Star to 4-Star rosters

The devs have since modified the original post to be more clear which I why I grabbed a quote of a quote.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Changed the last line in the original post to hopefully be clearer. The line now reads:

"Currently, Elite tokens are seen as Progression and Placement rewards starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+)."

That being said people are holding onto it because it's a change that would make a lot of sense. No one in CL5 or above needs 1*, they are just selling them. Giving them a better token that gives them 2* that can be used for champ farms or at least sold for 2.5x higher would be a nice and needed economic boost to higher level players.

Was I really just quoted from something I said over a month ago from another post lol

Anyways, I now consider Elites simply as 2* champ covers to help me champ max them quicker to sell, rinse, repeat. With the new CL inplace for all events (with current PVE being CL!), I earn about 2-3 Elites each event. Standards only seem to be node rewards as someone stated above. I'm sure the devs will eventually change this as well which would ultimately replace Standards.