Where is Sarkhan?

Options

Comments

• qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have him. I've had him right when they released him as I got him for the gold. So, I haven't posted doesn't effect me. But it's not right not right at all that there have been a lot of rotations and he hasn't shown. If only because of new players that came in for them to get their chance at him.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we all at least agree that when Sarkhan DOES finally show up, we're not all going to shout 'Hooray!! Thanks devs!! You clearly have our best interests at heart!!!' and spend 50$ on duplicate BFZ cards?
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New special pack "Buy a dragon's hoard bundle and get Sarkhan!"
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    wqMWK7z.gif

We have three (read: two) possibilities for vault entrance tomorrow:

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Liliana, the Last Hope - I don't recall her exact release - there might be another week on her?
    Sarkhan the Mad
    jk, it'll be Gideon.
  • SkazaX
    Options
    Liliana is going to be released in the next week, and obviously you'll find Sarkhan in the vault with Mirrorwing on sale
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Plastic wrote:
    wqMWK7z.gif

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Liliana, the Last Hope - I don't recall her exact release - there might be another week on her?
    Sarkhan the Mad
    jk, it'll be Gideon.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif that has been the funniest reply I have seen here, thanks for the good laugh icon_lol.gif

They responded somewhere saying he was scheduled on the rotation, so I guess next summer............
  • LeafHyren
    Options
    The Dragon man has arrived!!!

Thanks to all of you. It seems like this thread got the message sent.
  • LeafHyren
    Options
    LeafHyren wrote:
    octal9 wrote:
    Plastic wrote:
    wqMWK7z.gif

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Sarkhan the Mad
    jk, it'll be Gideon.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif that has been the funniest reply I have seen here, thanks for the good laugh icon_lol.gif

They responded somewhere saying he was scheduled on the rotation, so I guess next summer............

You were close on that one icon_e_surprised.gif
  • octal9
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    >SELECT name, last_available
    FROM planeswalker
    WHERE name = 'Sarkhan the Mad'
      AND last_available IS NOT NULL;

NAME                LAST_AVAILABLE
    "Sarkhan the Mad"	"2016-11-03 00:00:00 UTC"

Total Rows: 1

Thanks, D3.
  • Maveric78f
    Options
    You have to admit that Sarkhan is terrible appart from enabling you to play black cards in a red node.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:
    You have to admit that Sarkhan is terrible appart from enabling you to play black cards in a red node.

Sarkhan is in no way terrible.
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    So the question is how long? I checked the FAQ and they are old from 10/27.
    I am 100 crystals short and I want to know if I have time to grind out the last bit or what.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Scotcamp wrote:
    So the question is how long? I checked the FAQ and they are old from 10/27.
    I am 100 crystals short and I want to know if I have time to grind out the last bit or what.

This! You staff members are out of control. We've been asking about Sarkhan for just over 2 weeks now and you guys wouldn't say a thing. Now suddenly he's in the vault? While I do appreciate the opportunity to add him to the collection, I'm beyond frustrated with your lack of communication. Since there was no indication he was going to be available, I had used my crystals on BfZ packs. Had I known though, I would have saved them to get him.

This is the number one reason that I'm playing less and less. Get your **** together D3/HiFi/whoever is in charge of this stuff.
  • Crimmy
    Crimmy Posts: 16
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:
    I disagree. I'm excited that he can let me use red cards in a black node.
  • SkazaX
    Options
    Scotcamp wrote:
    So the question is how long?
    Sarkhan the Mad exits the Vault on December 1
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:

Not sure that I do, actually...
  • Maveric78f
    Options
    Sarkhan is RB and it makes it unique at the moment. I do not contest that.
    Sarkhan has +7 colour bonus, which is better than basic planeswalkers but worse than most others.
    Sarkhan colour pie is flat (+2,+2,+1,+1,+1) which is a bad thing: impossible to play infinite obliteration with a single association of 3 gems, and less importantly you cannot adopt a gem transformation strategy.

Sarkhan abilities are what makes it terrible:
    The first ability is the same as Ob Nixilis but with one less card draw.
    The second ability is quite similar to Saheeli's first ability but it costs a creature and 3 additional loyalty just for +2/+2.
    The third ability looks the same as Nahiri's third ability, but narrower (works only with dragons) and costs once again 3 more loyalty.
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:
    Sarkhan is RB and it makes it unique at the moment. I do not contest that.
    Sarkhan has +7 colour bonus, which is better than basic planeswalkers but worse than most others.
    Sarkhan colour pie is flat (+2,+2,+1,+1,+1) which is a bad thing: impossible to play infinite obliteration with a single association of 3 gems, and less importantly you cannot adopt a gem transformation strategy.

Sarkhan abilities are what makes it terrible:
    The first ability is the same as Ob Nixilis but with one less card draw.
    The second ability is quite similar to Saheeli's first ability but it costs a creature and 3 additional loyalty just for +2/+2.
    The third ability looks the same as Nahiri's third ability, but narrower (works only with dragons) and costs once again 3 more loyalty.

Arguing with someone who can't fight back, that's not very nice icon_e_wink.gif
  • Maveric78f
    Options
    What happened?
  • octal9
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:
    The second ability ... costs a creature
    Black has multiple ways of bringing creatures back.