New drop rate confirmed!

Options
TheElement
TheElement Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
1 rare in an entire big box with emn.

Safe to say that it is not worth buying crystals.

Screenshot_2016-10-19-18-02-12_zpsf9it3iqd.png

Comments

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    same here first BB only had the guaranteed rare, nothing else. tis deplorable
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So i opened a fair amount saved tonight and i got:

7 boosters = 4 rares
    4 fat packs = 8 rares
    2 big boxes = 4 mythics and 8 rares
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    how many of those were dupes?

RNG is just frustrating
  • Shibata
    Shibata Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I opened a big box and 4 boosters I saved up from previous events. Out of 19 packs, I got 1 mythic that was a duplicate. I also got 2 rares, one of which was also a duplicate.

Please tell me why the heck I would want to purchase crystals after that? 1 new rare from 19 packs. And believe me, it's not like I have a ton of rares and mythics already.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    this rate is abysmal... i dont know how they can keep making money from this
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I got 34 unique EM cards in 4 big boxes. 7 rare, 1 mythic. The only other mythic I pulled was Geier Reach Bandit.

I pulled 39 dupes from EM in those boxes.
  • bgqtony
    bgqtony Posts: 24
    Options
    I just opened 2 packs and 1 big box. I got no mythics and 2 rares (one of which was a dupe). That's at least 18 packs in total What a complete joke. I'm not saying there should be a mythic in every pack, but that is a horrible drop rate. I feel sorry for anyone that spends money on crystals to buy packs. D3 should be embarrassed with themselves.
  • huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    Please help raise the voice of the people sick of the drop rate by putting a like on the thread viewtopic.php?f=36&t=49913

For those of you who got lucky and actually get more than the usual 1-2 rares out of a big box, congratulations alot of us are very envious of you.
  • Xakarath
    Options
    Im done spending money. I'm down to logging on once a night for the login bonus and booster pack. Once I get enough free stuff I'll play and rebuild, but spending money is out of the question.
  • jeremii
    jeremii Posts: 28
    Options
    Just opened 2 big boxes of SOI. Got 1 mythic and 7 rares. Last two SOI big boxes I opened i got a total of 4 rares and no mythics.

So total 4 boxes for 1 mythic and 11 rares. I think this is about right for my previous SOI boxes. Been playing this game since very beginning. Drop rate is definitely worse for SOI than before, especially for mythics.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    how many of those were dupes?

RNG is just frustrating

I had 3 new mythics and 7 new rares out of them
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had been getting a ridiculous amount of duplicates and so I stopped buying packs.

Today I decided to open 2 big boxes in order to proc some of the new cards and also because the "exclusive" SOI mythics are now available.

I got a decent set of new cards, couple rares in the first box. I was happy with just getting new cards for a change.

The second big box, in addition to some new EM cards, I also proc'd Thing in the Ice and Behold the Beyond. (As a side note: This is not normal, just very very lucky for a change).

Confirmed that the best time to open packs is when a new set appears. If you don't proc any mythics at least you're still getting new cards.
  • HunMike
    HunMike Posts: 47
    Options
    I got a new geralf's masterpiece, a new hanweir (the red one) and a dupe westwale abbey out of a BB, so i'm above average luck. As i recall, my last 2 BB's were all dupes with only 2 rares in one of them. Haven't seen a rare out of the frees and bonuses in between.
    I'm considering to give 1000+ crystals for any mythic i don't have yet (or even more if it could be my pick) if i had that option, but i'm not spending real money at this point, that's for sure.
    Btw i didn't spend none either this far (i'm in since the beginning), though i considered it a couple times. In my younger days, i've spent like 2500$'s worth on a paper mtg ripoff over the years, so i'm trough with that. In the end i sold my collection for like 200$. Power creep...

Oh, for the record, with the mythics i'm way below 50% (with the rares i'm not sure but a decent amount of them is missing too) and still, i got dupes like 2/3rd of the time. The most infuriating was when i got 2 world breakers out of a BB, both of them dupes.
  • zolesz
    zolesz Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My BfZ card collection is about 80% complete.
    I bought a BfZ big box a couple of days ago.
    All of the cards in it were dupes. I mean all of them. Top this.
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I would never pay money for "random" packs!

I've paid money for a Planeswalker with cards/runes/crystals.
    I might pay for a package that includes a specific advertised card if it were a "sweet spot" card and the price was balanced with other goodies.

Just too many times I've dropped 600 crystals and got maybe one or two new cards. It's almost painful to see a rare popup and you already have it. Or worse - I've gotten the same mythic (one of the dragons) 3 or 4 times over multiple purchases.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ill-advisedly bought 3 big boxes of BFZ earlier in the week looking for a From Beyond. I got two new rares, both from BFZ, taking me up to 29/42. 0 new mythics, so I still have 5/24 mythics in BFZ.

The lesson here is never to buy boxes looking for specific cards icon_e_smile.gif
  • paralistalon
    Options
    HunMike wrote:
    I got a new geralf's masterpiece, a new hanweir (the red one) and a dupe westwale abbey out of a BB, so i'm above average luck. As i recall, my last 2 BB's were all dupes with only 2 rares in one of them. Haven't seen a rare out of the frees and bonuses in between.
    I'm considering to give 1000+ crystals for any mythic i don't have yet (or even more if it could be my pick) if i had that option, but i'm not spending real money at this point, that's for sure.
    Btw i didn't spend none either this far (i'm in since the beginning), though i considered it a couple times. In my younger days, i've spent like 2500$'s worth on a paper mtg ripoff over the years, so i'm trough with that. In the end i sold my collection for like 200$. Power creep...

Oh, for the record, with the mythics i'm way below 50% (with the rares i'm not sure but a decent amount of them is missing too) and still, i got dupes like 2/3rd of the time. The most infuriating was when i got 2 world breakers out of a BB, both of them dupes.

Paper Magic still is a great investment for those who are good at evaluating card value and speculating about the market. Power creep has actually gone in the opposite direction, and it's the older cards that have grown in value, especially with the Commander format having taken off.

I think the new lower drop rate is better for free-to-play players because they do give away crystals and packs all the time. Under the original drop rate, sure, it was almost impossible to farm enough crystals for a big box after you cleared story mode, but it was a much better deal for players that spent money. Currently, the dollar cost of crystals is still the same as it has always been but you get like 75% fewer rares and mythics. I would boycott the store personally, but D3 seems to have players by the balls and is probably turning the best profit they ever have.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Options
    Ive purchased 6 big boxes + 2 of the werewolf 300 crystal packs when they were out and out of all 8 of those purchases, 0 mythics have popped. I refuse to spend any cash on this game, been playing for 2 months now and a grand total of 3 mythics in my collection from dailies / non big box bonus packs from events etc.... the drop rate is terrible.
  • MrMoustache
    MrMoustache Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yesterday I bought a Blue package (4 packs plus enough crystals so I could get a BB), got a rare in that, then bought a SOI/EMN BB, got 4 rares (one dupe) and a mythic (Nahiri's Wrath).
  • KLALEARA
    Options
    I do find it entertaining that the drop rate, and cost investment is higher on a mobile game, than it is on physical paper MTG. Not only that, but you can trade in MTG, giving the physical cards even more value.