Time for a real 4* DDQ

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As we approach our 41st 4* which is now more than the amount of 3* characters, there really needs to be a true 4* DDQ.

Currently we have the weekly (5-day) Crash of the Titans 1v1 node for a Legendary token. Besides the fact that you need a nearly full covered 4* most of the time to win, this approach is not helping us 3* rosters transition into 4* land. Most players have begged for an alternative and we have not received any feedback on it. Sure we have CP, vaults, "increased" Heroic token odds, PVE/PVP progression for 4*'s but when a new 4* is released every two-weeks it's becoming increasingly difficult to cover them, let alone level them (which is an entirely separately issue).

With the recent release of Gwenpool, how about Gwenpool's Daily Quest?! This can be available for players in Clearance Level 7 so the devs don't need to worry about newer players progressing too fast and skipping * tiers. Infact adding Clearance Levels to the existing DDQ would make the most sense since there is no Placement or Progression in DDQ as there is PVE/PVP. It could have increased Iso and additional tacos to meet our appropriate CL needs with an additional 4* cover node (that isn't Crash of the Titans!). I would even be happy if they returned CP to DDQ. It was awesome getting 5 CP each day (25 CP per 5-day DDQ cycle) and it was disappointing to see it removed after the initial CP implementation tease.

I would love to hear from the devs on this, even if they tell us that it is planned for DDQ 2-year Anniversary next year.

Please share your suggestions, thoughts and discussion icon_razz.gif

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Amen.

Clearly we need a daily 4* DDQ. How? By adding a Grande Chimichanga - wave node that awards a preset 4* cover.

Or devs can award a 3* cover in the required 3* match and a 4* from Enchilada. Both options look fine. Or a separate 4* DDQ in any form - maybe a daily Inferno with different covers at the end? Plenty of option with mechanics already there. Just need to plug it in.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm torn.

I'm in the 3-4 transition right now. 5x 4* champed, two max-covered most of the rest in 1-12 status. So far, it's bee relatively easy to come up with the Iso to champ them before their covers (or the covers I know I'll earn through champ rewards) expire. Adding more covers, in my situation, just puts me into Iso crunch. My progression is steady and not all that stressful, and I'm not sure I'd want that to change. I don't like the fact that I'm not choosing who I champ, but it's very manageable in a pragmatic way.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    I'm torn.

I'm in the 3-4 transition right now. 5x 4* champed, two max-covered most of the rest in 1-12 status. So far, it's bee relatively easy to come up with the Iso to champ them before their covers (or the covers I know I'll earn through champ rewards) expire. Adding more covers, in my situation, just puts me into Iso crunch. My progression is steady and not all that stressful, and I'm not sure I'd want that to change. I don't like the fact that I'm not choosing who I champ, but it's very manageable in a pragmatic way.

If this is a problem for you then you can simply not play the 4* cover node icon_lol.gif

In all seriousness, most players feel the opposite you do and earning more 4* covers than you can handle would not stress me out, just open less LT's icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130

The vast majority agreed with this when asked in APRIL.

More than six months later D3....why is this not a thing yet?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    I'm torn.

Well then, you shouldn't play it if it happens.

simples2(1)(1).jpg
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I do not think that they are going to give out a 4* cover in ddq as it will cut into their bottom line, but there are other ways to help us that wouldn't hurt them as much. They could add another node that either gives more iso or taco tokens and they can add more 4* in the taco vault (preferably more Lt but they probably won't do that) they could also give out cp on a node or in the vault. Hell even if it was 1cp a day that adds up.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I do not think that they are going to give out a 4* cover in ddq as it will cut into their bottom line

It could've been argued that giving out 3*s with the advent of DDQ would do the same, but they still did it.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    And giving out 2* covers like candy.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    I'm torn.

Dude

You're torn because of personal needs.

There are 40 4 stars and your torn because you can't get a resource NOT tied to rng?

Not trying to be rude but what are you even on about?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I do not think that they are going to give out a 4* cover in ddq as it will cut into their bottom line, but there are other ways to help us that wouldn't hurt them as much. They could add another node that either gives more iso or taco tokens and they can add more 4* in the taco vault (preferably more Lt but they probably won't do that) they could also give out cp on a node or in the vault. Hell even if it was 1cp a day that adds up.

I'm willing to bet a few bucks that a post like yours was here during 3 star DDQ implementation.

There are too many 4 stars to be against this idea, and honestly the fact that people are against it shows me that there could be decisions SO much worse then d3's trip ups.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    There are too many 4 stars to be against this idea, and honestly the fact that people are against it shows me that there could be decisions SO much worse then d3's trip ups.
    Who's against a 4*ddq node?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    We had all suspected something like a 4* Super Taco would come, so maybe let's just chill for a bit. It seems they are putting in another 3* so many of our preconceptions may be undermined, however assuming it's a one-off and not a shift in priorities, a 4* Super Taco may yet be on the horizon.

That said, without resorting to my own personal stake in it, it makes sense to have a parallel structure in place for 4* characters. Unless my memory fails me, one of the motivations behind the Taco Thing was to make progression into and through the 3* tier of play more stable to account for the depth of the available roster. Now that the 4* tier has reached the same depth it only seems reasonable to make that available for the 4* tier. Doubly true because there currently is no focused mode for that apart from high progress in events.