beaten by someone 150 levels lower than me?!

Options
I am genuinely baffled at how this happened. I've been playing the lightning rounds with level 217 The Hood, level 179 Loki, and a level 115 Punisher. I was just attacked and defeated by someone using a level 40 modern black widow and a level 42 iron man 35 working with the borrowed hood... twice. He found and got me twice.

I have no idea how this could be remotely possible. I understand the player is better than the AI, but with over 410 total levels of advantage, I just don't get it.

And yes, I am mostly whining, but posting hoping someone can tell me how.

Comments

• Same thing here... but on the sub bracket ...

Currently he is rank no.1 on the sub bracket of Sim round 2 (easy)...went thru his roster...
    Iron man 35 at level 32 (3/5/4) .. storm at 5/2/5 at level 30 ... black widow at 5/5 level 28...
    Hawkeye at level 26 (5/5) .. doctor doom at level 15 (0/1) ... ares at level 9.... (1/1/1)
    Wolverine astonishing (0/1/1) at level 8 ... black widow original at level 6 (0/1/0) .. bullseye at level 6 (1/0) and magneto MN at level 6 (0/1/0)..

come on... so **** roster and he is position no.1 ?
  • thecapnjoe wrote:
    I am genuinely baffled at how this happened. I've been playing the lightning rounds with level 217 The Hood, level 179 Loki, and a level 115 Punisher. I was just attacked and defeated by someone using a level 40 modern black widow and a level 42 iron man 35 working with the borrowed hood... twice. He found and got me twice.

I have no idea how this could be remotely possible. I understand the player is better than the AI, but with over 320 total levels of advantage, I just don't get it.

Modern Widow is really quite good. It doesn't surprise me, but it would be more believable paired with Modern Storm.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With a lot of boosts I could see it. Stun with widow and target the Punisher to get him out of the way. Deny the Hood any AP. After that, I've never perceived Loki as any kind of threat at any level.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    I can't see it happening...maybe once but it looks like he hit a couple people...looks like a cheat
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I got hit for -40 in my Mag round by a guy running 50 M Storm 60 Hood and a 60 Spidey. Was using Max Hood Patches 102 CMag(whatever 102 is buffed to). I kind of shrugged it off but never actually recovered my first place after that, pick up a few hits by randoms and Phaserhawk decided to steal 70 points from me in the last 5 minutes for some ungodly reason.

Just happy that guy never hit me again, but it probably would not have been possible without a high blue Spidey, didn't have time to check. Lightning Round etc.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    How many hp is that? Over 15k?

How does black widow and iron man 35 do that kind of damage with a borrowed hood without getting wiped out...black widows stun doesn't stun the whole team for more than one round...

Impossible
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I got hit for -40 in my Mag round by a guy running 50 M Storm 60 Hood and a 60 Spidey. Was using Max Hood Patches 102 CMag. I kind of shrugged it off but never actually recovered my first place after that, pick up a few hits by randoms and Phaserhawk decided to steal 70 points from me in the last 5 minutes for some ungodly reason.

Just happy that guy never hit me again, but it probably would not have been possible without a high blue Spidey, didn't have time to check. Lightning Round etc.

That's quite a different story...5 blue Spiderman can beat anyone with any kind of supporting cast
  • Spencer75 wrote:
    I can't see it happening...maybe once but it looks like he hit a couple people...looks like a cheat
    Well, his handle was indodino, if it matters to anyone important who might be reading. ..
  • Spencer75 wrote:
    That's quite a different story...5 blue Spiderman can beat anyone with any kind of supporting cast

Sadly yes, even though I wouldn't hesitate to hit a team like that normally you obviously cannot afford to give anyone running Spiderman an active retaliation in a lightning round you plan to win, they will take it.
  • is he tanking after beat ur team? well if his roster comprised only lv40s heroes. then yes,in pvp its possibly cheating[no way even using all boost u can beat lv100+s team[maybe if it'smiracle cascade everytime he matched icon_lol.gif ]
    in pve, not really, small rooster player usually ended up fighting very low level enemies in pve
  • thecapnjoe wrote:
    That sounds like winning the lottery twice in sequence. Not calling anyone cheater here, just admitting my own obvious lack of understanding the underlying game mechanics. I could have sworn that the attacker would get ripped apart by match-3 alone, even if he managed to get off a maxed Sting every three rounds.
  • thecapnjoe wrote:

I have no idea how this could be remotely possible. I understand the player is better than the AI, but with over 410 total levels of advantage, I just don't get it.

2 weeks ago one of the SHIELD top guys had similar, reported to support as cheat and the attacker was removed still within the LR run so he could keep the #1 position. Suggest to do the same.

Untorunately that is MPQ state still, the server does no sanity checks so 'insta-kill'-type cheat is accepted (while devs claim they use measures to punish those who heal inprologue instead of burning health packs). Too bad for us getting hit by it.

Obviously there's unknown amount of similar malpractice with less blatant use.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moghwyn wrote:
    That sounds like winning the lottery twice in sequence. Not calling anyone cheater here, just admitting my own obvious lack of understanding the underlying game mechanics. I could have sworn that the attacker would get ripped apart by match-3 alone, even if he managed to get off a maxed Sting every three rounds.

I've won my share of battles with modern Widow and Storm in a forest against greatly stronger teams in the beginning when they were all I had. The key is to jump start and never let the enemy take a turn of course, because tile matching damage alone is enough to kill very quickly at such difference in levels. But even so it requires quite a bit of luck at start while all three enemies need to be stunned. Without Storm? It just seems... inconceivable! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just a disclaimer, though. It is still possible with some crazy big cascade at start, or several smaller ones just when they're needed, so it doesn't outright mean it was a cheat. But the odds...
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    thecapnjoe wrote:

I'll call him a cheater if you won't.

Definitely cheating. With your team, you would have defeated them using match damage alone, even if he never let you get a move off. Doing it once mayyyy be possible, if he boosted out the wazoo to start with, and got some very lucky cascades. However there's no realistic chance he would have done it twice, especially without any losses to you in between.
  • is he tanking after beat ur team? well if his roster comprised only lv40s heroes. then yes,in pvp its possibly cheating[no way even using all boost u can beat lv100+s team[maybe if it'smiracle cascade everytime he matched icon_lol.gif ]
    in pve, not really, small rooster player usually ended up fighting very low level enemies in pve
    Yeah, I had thought of that, so I did check his roster. Those level 40's were indeed his strongest heroes.
  • Have you tried the critical boots?

Bacause they stack now, you can more than double your characters' critical tile rating.

It can get you some surprizing wins, especially if any of your team has a multiplier of 4.0 or better.

Just a theory.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Have you tried the critical boots?

Bacause they stack now, you can more than double your characters' critical tile rating.

It can get you some surprizing wins, especially if any of your team has a multiplier of 4.0 or better.

Just a theory.
    But when Your match dmg is around 20, it's still not enough (60x4=240 x 150%=600).
  • Emeryt wrote:

But when Your match dmg is around 20, it's still not enough (60x4=240 x 150%=600).

I thought the critical boost affects the critical multiplier? So like a 25%(single) boost makes a 4.0 crit rating a 5.0. Right?

So it would go 60x5=300 x (damage boost, if any) = final damage result.

So with a 100% crit boost; 60x(4+(4x100%))=480, then damage boosts apply.

Plz reply if this isn't how the system does the math.
  • Even considering he got some crazy **** blue/purple/yellow cascades to stunlock your team, steal your AP, and create a **** ton of shield tiles, the match alone would probably have taken him 30 minutes out of the entire lightning round. There just isnt any conceivable way to do that much damage that quickly with such low level characters. Take the recent Lone Star tourney for example. Even going against other 1* characters takes time when your max attack damage is around 950-1500. Your characters would have too much health for him to pull it off once, let alone twice, and all in an hour and a half. Even with an infinite turn, it would still take forever considering how low their match damage/attack power is.

Im calling ****. Its just not physically possible barring some endless cascade or act of divine intervention, and even then he wouldnt have been able to get it done that fast.
  • Mrazy
    Mrazy Posts: 46
    Options
    I dont know if the devs plugged that hole yet, but there is a paid cheat that allow people to either not lose hp or one hit heroes.
    With powered up heroes is not possible for one star to defeat 3 stars in any scenario, simple attrition will kill them in a few turns.
This discussion has been closed.