Wait ... We're getting a new Blade?

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
On the list of all the characters we want added to MPQ, and on the list of all the characters we wanted a duplicate of, was Blade even in the top 20?

4* Blade

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    he is a good Halloween character but yeah seems like low demand
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I really don't mind getting something Halloween-ish, but still why Blade? There are tons of Halloween-ish options in the Marvel world (and that's even without going into the obvious ones like Dracula or Frankenstein's Monster). Surely the Devs must be aware of the player's non-fondness for duplicate characters so it still seems like a poor choice.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe an influential person in the MPQ development team is a fan of Blade.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, Blade is not even on my top50 of favorite Marvel chars.

After releasing Gwenpool and Dino changes they should have released a 'normal' Marvel char, they should have released a Villain like Red Skull, Kang, Dr Doom, Apocalypse or MrSinister. We need MORE VILLAINS (we get a second Blade when there is just one Doom?!?!?! and when the other villains I mentioned are still unreleased?!?!?!)

Common Devs Red Skull, Kang, etc. are some of the greatest Marvel villains! We need them in the game!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:

After releasing Gwenpool and Dino changes they should have released a 'normal' Marvel char, they should have released a Villain like Red Skull, Kang, Dr Doom, Apocalypse or MrSinister. We need MORE VILLAINS (we get a second Blade when there is just one Doom?!?!?! and when the other villains I mentioned are still unreleased?!?!?!)

Common Devs Red Skull, Kang, etc. are some of the greatest Marvel villains! We need them in the game!
    plus there's Blackheart, Brother Voodoo, Daimon Hellstrom ... a ton of good "halloween" ideas.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    chamber44 wrote:
    Polares wrote:

plus there's Blackheart, Brother Voodoo, Daimon Hellstrom ... a ton of good "halloween" ideas.
    Jack_OLantern_32572.jpg

Eh?
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I guess they dont read the "What new characters do you want next" threads. It would been a good time to put somebody like Mysterio or Kraven the Hunter in the game instead of another rehash of somebody. The event could have halloween theme bosses like Frankenstein or Dracula and minions like mummys. I guess that's asking too much.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    My scalp is nearly bare from the scratching. Don't get it. Blade (modern). Yeah, 3* had some 90's kitsch to him, but was anyone clamoring to remove the trenchcoat and add tattoos?

I had similar feelings about PunMAX and Cage. The 4* is way better, but there's no thematic difference from the 3*. It's the same character, just with different art and upgraded powers. Spidey makes total sense, as do Wolverine, and Jean Grey. Those are very different iterations of the character. Even all those different form of Iron Man are plausible.

I'd like SOME narrative. Right now it just seems like they're sandwiching in whatever characters they can with no thought to their place in the game or fiction. It's taking the "Marvel" out of it for me.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The entire player base was recently polled, too, with an in-game prompt. I doubt Blade was the top request.

As for a Halloween character... the original Hobgoblin, otherwise you're just insulting me.