Realigned 3* Champ rewards

Kishida
Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With the slew of new 4* characters, looks like some 3* are getting their champ rewards readjusted.

Captain Marvel -> Peggy Carter
Iron Fist -> Kate Bishop
Luke Cage -> Luke Cage
Punisher -> Punisher
Quicksilver -> War Machine
Rocket & Groot -> Drax
Scarlet Witch -> Quake
Sentry -> Moon Knight
Captain America -> Winter Soldier

Thoughts?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of my 3*s are already past level 183. Quicksilver was the last one to get there and honestly I'd rather have the Iceman than the War Machine.

It's good that they are readjusting, but it should have been done a while ago.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Not happy about Quicksilver. I wanted me some Iceman covers but they did add Peggy. So looks like I'll champ Cpt. Marvel next. I'll deal but I would like to have the 15 Marvel covers back that I've sold in the past two weeks. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man, I'd better **** get a SW cover before the next update, I need that Prof X purple!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I *just* got most of these to 183 before or during Anniversary, getting many older 4* covers I didn't need in the process.
    -_____-

Still, though, this was badly needed -- so, thanks for that, Devs. (I just wish they'd been replacing the duplicates as new 4* were released, rather than in one lump sum like now.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Literally the only character not at 183 for me is Spider Man. And I have a cover in reserve because I'm already at 5 purple for Miles and I'm hoping to get a yellow or red for him within 3 weeks.

So...this isn't going to help me for a looooong time 8(
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Where did this info come from and why in the diminutive feline wasn't it announced here first?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just happy my Cap. Marvel is only 177. Was worried it might be Cap that gave Peggy since mine is around 220. That would have made me sad. But like it is, I'm good.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    Where did this info come from and why in the diminutive feline wasn't it announced here first?

Go into the settings menu --> Help --> Next Season Updates (Pct 17th, 2016)

Load of new info there. On the next season change and Starlord's update.

I'm bummed I just had Captain Marvel cross the 183 line. Better not have missed yellow. Though I suppose I could slowly build a second with 2* Ms Marvel.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 wrote:

Info came from the 10/17 update under the ingame help menu. It also has details on the upcoming Starlord buff, which was mentioned in this post. The Champion Rewards thread was updated earlier, as well.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Dang, looks like I will be waiting a long time to appreciate this change too. Pretty much all my champs are in the 200s-190s. Good change though.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad my lowest 3* (QS) just hit 183 to get the Iceman.

SCL gave retroactive awards....why not just add in characters between 183 and 223 (double the 4*'s given for them, two character x 3 rewards per each 3*) and retroactively reward them as well?

Going to be annoying when I finally get close to 223 and hope for certain covers, only to see them changed/rearranged right before that happens....
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was needed and all but, I'm seriously questionning the timing... should have been much earlier.

I bet a lot of people have these 3*'s past the first cover reward and there will be no retroactive rewards... blah.
  • ClydeFrog76
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    This was needed and all but, I'm seriously questionning the timing... should have been much earlier.

At least there hasn't been a massive ****-up recently that already has people feeling bitter and annoyed hey?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Better to fix the system than leave it broken because it has minor value to some players in its broken state.

(And I say that as someone one Iron Fist away from a HB cover I need, which is almost certainly going to be a Kate Bishop the same day it switches over just to torment me).

Even better to be quicker doing this though. They should be rolling these out each season change to keep up with new characters.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Oh man, I'd better tinykitty get a SW cover before the next update, I need that Prof X purple!

You guys are not going to believe this: I just drew a SW Blue from a STANDARD! icon_lol.gif

RNG, you are a fickle troll but every now and then...I **** love you.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:

I bet a lot of people have these 3*'s past the first cover reward and there will be no retroactive rewards... blah.

Compensation for what? They earned the rewards on offer at the time.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I hate this more than anything in the game right now. I have my Iron first at level 181, and my Hulk Buster needs 1 more black cover to be at 13/13. I lost count, but I had at least 10 blue HB covers before I pulled my first black cover, and since then, I would safely say I have sold at least another 5 or more HB covers because I could not get his black. For characters that are already champed, I hope that they give you the choice to choose which 4 Star you get or something. I was literally about to drop $20 more dollars to get one last anniversary 10 pack before I read this news, now I just don't even care at all any more. It was going to be my first GOOD championed 4 Star hero, and push me further in to the game, now I just have to pray that I some how luck in to that cover, ugh. And to make it even worse, IM40 doesn't give the black cover till level 223, so it could potentially be months or years till I get it.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Knaaks wrote:
    I hate this more than anything in the game right now. I have my Iron first at level 181, and my Hulk Buster needs 1 more black cover to be at 13/13. I lost count, but I had at least 10 blue HB covers before I pulled my first black cover, and since then, I would safely say I have sold at least another 5 or more HB covers because I could not get his black. For characters that are already champed, I hope that they give you the choice to choose which 4 Star you get or something. I was literally about to drop $20 more dollars to get one last anniversary 10 pack before I read this news, now I just don't even care at all any more. It was going to be my first GOOD championed 4 Star hero, and push me further in to the game, now I just have to pray that I some how luck in to that cover, ugh. And to make it even worse, IM40 doesn't give the black cover till level 223, so it could potentially be months or years till I get it.

15x20=300 cp.
    Cost to add 1 cover=120 cp

It's there for a reason. Yes, you lose out on 4 draw, but how many did you lose due to duplicates because of your stubbornness?

You should probably Pay the RNG elimination tax and move on.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems weird that they didn't do them all at once. Still several duplicates / missings to be adjusted.

Also I'm glad this was done before I had many above 183. My only ones at or above that are Iron Man and Colossus. I have lots coming up soon too so I hope they normalize the rest soon and don't sit on them forever.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Among those still in need to give new rewards, I hope Kamala starts giving Gwenpool covers, just because the Gwenpool artist draws Kamala so cute.
    tumblr_o1023boxRu1rsus6so1_540.png
    But she will probably give fellow Avenger/Champion Nova.
This discussion has been closed.