Please remove animation from Starlord passive

Tromb2ch2
Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just saw something today about starlord and I'm seeing flash backs of 4* Luke cage. Before we all get a headache can you please remove it or make it once per turn or something. I don't know for sure if it is going to do it but I assume it will.

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Starlord is going to get a passive?!?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    how did you read about this is this going to be in the update
    don't you have to wait for the update to be announced on the forum to findout?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official Starlord update info already online in the games most official and widespread news area - the ingame help menu
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Starlord update as follows

Sleight of Hand - 10 AP
    Turns 1-3 selected non-Countdown tiles into 3-turn Countdown tiles which deal damage to the target.
    Upgrades include targeting Countdown tiles as well as dealing team damage when the Countdowns expire.

Everyone With Me - Passive
    Whenever an enemy fires a power, place a Countdown tile that gains AP in a random color. While at least one of these tiles is on the board, friendly powers have their AP costs reduced.
    Upgrades include more AP colors, More AP returned, and higher AP-cost reduction.
    There can only be 4 of these friendly Countdown tiles at any one point.

Oldest Trick in the Book - 8 AP
    Deals damage plus additional damage for every friendly Countdown tile.
    Up to 6 Countdown Tiles.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    Official Starlord update info already online in the games most official and widespread news area - the ingame help menu

There's a help menu? icon_eek.gif
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    No info on my device...

Nevermind, found it. Waiting until the forums cool down from Boss Rush feedback before news updates get put up here I guess...
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Settings -> Help -> News

If it's showing an old news update, give it a minute, it should dynamically update with the new news. You're looking for "Next Season Updates (October 17th, 2016)".
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage passive animation works like that. Worse, the carnage animation fires when anyone fires a power. The passive animation is actually good for defense. People avoid attacking carnage teams because of the annoying passive animation. Starlord should have the same trait. icon_e_smile.gif

At least with starlord it stops when there are 4 CDs created by the passive and doesn't fire when a friendly ability is fired.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Even before the buff, I noticed that they shortened the length of Star-Lord's yellow animation a couple of patches ago, so I don't think it's gonna be too bad. Anyway it would fire about the same amount as TA Hulk's blue, which I don't find too obnoxious.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    there should be a rule that says that Passive annimations should only show once per turn. Its fine to have to go into effect as necessary.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe the new Passive will just be CD tiles appearing on the board