New daily mission - All against the evil

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
"You know, hundreds of covers, even me, Deadpool cant use all of them. But dont worry, just make them fight against the evil. Yes, yes, i know evil cant be stopped, but who cares? Come on, at least try... remember, taco for the best!"

So, my idea is simple - new daily-based mission:

- One node. One attempt per day.
- One enemy: Evil. His stats: 1 000 000 HP. Doesnt make moves. One passive: Forces of evil - At the beginning of the round deals 1M damage to enemy instantly killing him
- You can fight this node with ALL your covers that are alives (including duplicates)
- All powers of your covers are disabled for this fight.

All this is to save our time and prevent exploits like invisible combos, or instantkills.

Basically, this mission will look like this: You join the fight, random 3 covers you own will appear. You make a match, enemy will kill one of your hero. Random hero will replace him. Again and again. After your last hero gets killed, you will get points. The more points you get the better the reward will be.
1 point = 100 damage done. Maximum points = 5 000 (dealilng 500 000 damage just with regular moves is almost impossible - it would require many 5* and luck for extra moves).

Possible rewards:
10pts - 140ISO
25pts - Common token
50pts - 250 ISO
80pts - Heroic token
120pts - 500 ISO
180pts - 50HP
250pts - Taco token
350pts - 1500 ISO
500pts - 2 Heroic tokens
750pts - 50 HP
1 000pts (= 100 000 damage) - 2000 ISO
1 300pts - 2500 ISO
1 750pts - 3 CP
2 100pts - Taco Token
2 500pts - 3 Heroic Tokens
3 000pts - 3000 ISO
3 500pts - 50 HP
4 200pts - 2 Taco tokens
5 000pts - Legendary token

Rewards may look a bit generous but its pretty hard to judge how challenging is to deal 500 000 damage just with regular moves. I am not the whale and with 110 of my covers (mostly 3* and 4*s below level 100) i could deal like... 50 000?
Please, vote for/against the concept, not the rewards icon_e_smile.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, a fight where you only get match damage, and could come out needing dozens of health packs to recover? No thanks.

I mean, I like the motivation of having fun with older charterers. The game needs more of that. But, having them do a turn's worth of match damage then get automatically killed isn't at all compelling. Removing skills defeats the purpose of it being an odd random assortment or discovering new combos. It also places a huge benefit to the people who already have been lucky enough to get a wide 5* roster. It's a rich get richer machine.

A randomly selected team mission could have a place, but not as you've outlined it. Despite the fact the devs try to use them over and over, these, "You're supposed to lose," boss mechanics are not fun.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    If you can't use special powers, what's the point of changing charachters?
    They are all the same, just making more o less damage...
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    They ran that event last week but called it boss rush icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    So, a fight where you only get match damage, and could come out needing dozens of health packs to recover? No thanks.

I mean, I like the motivation of having fun with older charterers. The game needs more of that. But, having them do a turn's worth of match damage then get automatically killed isn't at all compelling. Removing skills defeats the purpose of it being an odd random assortment or discovering new combos. It also places a huge benefit to the people who already have been lucky enough to get a wide 5* roster. It's a rich get richer machine.

A randomly selected team mission could have a place, but not as you've outlined it. Despite the fact the devs try to use them over and over, these, "You're supposed to lose," boss mechanics are not fun.
    This node is designed as "good night" mission icon_e_biggrin.gif You know, you are suppose to play when you know you wont play for next few hours.
    And about heals... i use 5-8 characters again again... of 110 i have.
    Not sure about 5*s - they will be killed instantly and without proper level their damage is not that high. Sure, you could have dozens of one color 5*s to survive as long as possible but that would be wasting 5*s and slots.
    Lampo wrote:
    If you can't use special powers, what's the point of changing charachters?
    They are all the same, just making more o less damage...
    Point of this node is rewarding players for having rich roster instead of using same combos (usually broken ones) again and again. Nothing more, nothing less. After Boss Rush it is obvious that some combos are better than another and all this because of skills.