Peggy v. Galactus

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Peggy can now increase the cost of enemy abilities by as much as 4, and galactus' black still costs 28 ap. Does that mean that peggy (if kept healthy) can effectively render galactus unable to cast his black?

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Peggy can now increase the cost of enemy abilities by as much as 4, and galactus' black still costs 28 ap. Does that mean that peggy (if kept healthy) can effectively render galactus unable to cast his black?

I sense an upcoming nerf where it will cost only 24, just in case anyone pairs Peggy with Star-Lord. Either that or Galactus will be able to amass over 30 AP. Because anyone who can eat worlds and survive the big bang clearly isn't subject to the same arbitrary limitations as every other character.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Or they will give him immunity from that particular power.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Peggy won't affect Galactus.

Just like Peggy vs Red Hulk. She increases the cost of his Hammer & Anvil power, but not the increased damage if the opponent has at least 18 green AP.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Because anyone who can eat worlds and survive the big bang clearly isn't subject to the same arbitrary limitations as every other character.

Oh, come on, the show isn't THAT bad!
  • dodgeson
    dodgeson Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Merrick wrote:

Just like Peggy vs Red Hulk. She increases the cost of his Hammer & Anvil power, but not the increased damage if the opponent has at least 18 green AP.

Different situation I think. Rhulks skill does have an increased cost to use it after all. AFAIR galactus's skill is 28 ap to activate and end the game, so technically he would still need to use it.
    My guess is they will just make it a passive.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    dodgeson wrote:
    Merrick wrote:

Different situation I think. Rhulks skill does have an increased cost to use it after all. AFAIR galactus's skill is 28 ap to activate and end the game, so technically he would still need to use it.
    My guess is they will just make it a passive.

It'd be easy enough to make it a Passive that says "When Galactus has 28 AP", right? Then a power like Peggy's yellow or Star Lord's red wouldn't influence it.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. They will most likely make it a passive. It would probably say something like "At the start of his turn, if Galactus has #ap in black, he devours enemy team for 1,000,000" That way, if they were feeling nice, icon_rolleyes.gif , they could bump it back up to 30 ap.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah. They will most likely make it a passive. It would probably say something like "At the start of his turn, if Galactus has #ap in black, he devours enemy team for 1,000,000" That way, if they were feeling nice, icon_rolleyes.gif , they could bump it back up to 30 ap.

Unless they add something that reduces his AP, as a passive it'll go off every round once the condition is meant. Sort of defeats the purpose of things like Gwenpool's black.