Still want to complain about PvE rank awards?

2»

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I have a theory on what Boss Rush was supposed to be...

There's a contingent of you out there who take every opportunity to complain that PvE should have no rank awards. Those on the other side of the argument point out that in order to maintain the same cover distribution, ie 10 people out of 1000 get all the good stuff, the difficulty would need to be ramped up to insane levels in order to keep 99% of people from finishing.

And then they put the guaranteed 4* cover that used to be restricted to the top 1% of placement rewards on progression with a very low target score and no difficulty spike, sooooooooo....
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    Don't we already have confirmation that the devs have an event with ridiculous scaling and no placement rewards? Gauntlet has been around awhile.
    Gauntlet is designed to allow a large % of people to complete the whole thing. And there's generally not a great reward at the end of it. I'm talking about standard PvE, where the top 1% of finishers get 3 4* covers. That's basically how Boss Rush worked out.
  • simonsez
    And then they put the guaranteed 4* cover that used to be restricted to the top 1% of placement rewards on progression with a very low target score and no difficulty spike, sooooooooo....
    I'd love to respond, but I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.
  • CrookedKnight
    The only way to win a specific 4* cover in PvE used to be to finish in the top 10 of a thousand-person bracket. It was literally the "top 1%" prize in your example.

When Demiurge added Clearance Levels, a guaranteed 4* cover was added to progression, at 60% of the top target (which requires 2-3 clears of each mission over an event) and with no attendant increase in PvE difficulty that would make 60% completion tougher to reach.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I do. Even if this was an attempt to fix that issue, which is just a guess, the fact that their fix strategy was bad, doesn't make the problem magically go away.
  • simonsez
    The only way to win a specific 4* cover in PvE used to be to finish in the top 10 of a thousand-person bracket. It was literally the "top 1%" prize in your example.
    No, that's how you get THREE covers. You "literally" do not understand my example.
  • CrookedKnight
    That there were other rewards attached (which also went out to the top 5%) doesn't change the fact that they took a cover that used to be solely a 1% prize and gave it to....well, not everyone, but everyone who can enter CL7, which is a pretty big number, without stepping up the fight difficulty in any way or making the progression goal stupidly hard to hit. The same goes for the 3* cover that used to be a top 200 prize and was shifted entirely to progression. What's a better indication of how the dev team approaches buffing progression rewards -- a single boss event that may or may not even be repeated in anything resembling its current form, or what they have actually done when buffing progression rewards as recently as last month?