Boss compared to Normal - easier / harder / the same?

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was wondering how fighting the Boss versions of the 5* compares to fighting the normal versions.

<ramble>
I have not been levelling my 5*, my best characters are all championed 4*, so any 5* I see as potential opposition is usually only OML / Phoenix. But with the difficulty in beating even one of these high level bosses, the prospect of eventually taking on 3 high-level 5* makes me seriously reconsider keeping my 5*. If I'm too scared to level them because I don't want to reach an invisible threshold and then meet impossible opposition, well it's a waste of roster slots. I may as well stick to Championship (maybe League One) battles and not aspire to the Premier League.
</ramble>

Does anyone who fights at that level have any insight on this?

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Boss OML is way easier

Boss SS is dependent. If you are low on HP, God save your soul. If not, easy.

Boss Goblin is interesting, not per se hard but there's a lot that can go wrong.

Boss PHX is way harder
    Boss Bruce is way way harder

At least that's the general consensus, from what I've gathered
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Boos OML vs Regular OML- about the same imo. The boss version is already transformed but he's a weaker version of transformed OML. Regular transformed OML is insane, but untransformed he's just a match damage tank guy who can be beat with careful management.

Boss Surfer vs. Regular Surfer- I don't feel much threat from either the regular Surfer or Boss Surfer. They occasionally do 9k damage (Cosmic Beam vs whatever its called passive). Boss version is probably easier because he can't heal for 15K+ health in 1 move

Boss Phoenix vs. Regular Phoenix- If you shudder at the though of Psychic Rapport cascades, then Boss Phoenix is like being raked over coals repeatedly then being doused in lemon juice. Her passives are so broken she doesn't even need to make a match to potentially 1 hit KO a team. Much, much harder.

Boss Banner vs. Regular Puny Banner- I have not run into a regular Banner that has done ANYTHING to me before dying, so I'm going to say Boss Banner is much harder. If we're going by ratio of threat, it's actually the same level of difference between Phoenix and Boss Phoenix, except that Boss Phoenix is >>>> Boss Banner

Boss Goblin- I can't remember what he did besides summon henchmen, so I felt he was easier than regular GG who basically 1 hit KOs with his glider

Boss Cap- I have never played against a real 5 cap so no opinion

Boss IM46- Boss version is harder, that House Party Protocol summoning minions to hop in front and shield him is super horrible to deal with.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    MLDB wrote:

Boss IM46- Boss version is harder, that House Party Protocol summoning minions to hop in front and shield him is super horrible to deal with.

It's basically the same as what you face(d) in Civil War. Yeah, Boss Stark's HPP is an enormous pain in the keister, but the real issue in Boss Rush was how quickly the 5's scaled up in health and damage. That'll do you in against him more than HPP will.
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    DFiPL wrote:
    MLDB wrote:

It's basically the same as what you face(d) in Civil War. Yeah, Boss Stark's HPP is an enormous pain in the keister, but the real issue in Boss Rush was how quickly the 5's scaled up in health and damage. That'll do you in against him more than HPP will.

I was comparing them vs. their regular in game versions. I feel like HPP make Boss IM46 more difficult to defeat than standard IM46 just because he's got free meat shields. The issue of 5 star scaling is a broken feature of the game that needs to be addressed for sure, but not here.