How does one win a Dino Purple?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My first anniversary, I won 0 purples, my second anniversary, I won 0 purples. My third anniversary, I've drawn 1 purple, and I got a purple from logging in on my ~365th day. My dino is now at 5 red and 5 green, 2 purple. Meanwhile every guaranteed dino reward is red. I now have 5 dino reds dying in my queue and 1 dino green dying in my queue. For the love of all that is holy, can I please somehow get one more purple?

I have pulled over 60 anniversary tokens and will have enough HP to pull around 5-10 or so more, before the end. But if I don't pull one, I guess I'll need to spend 120 cp on him, since I just can't seem to get him any other way.

Dino is the only character that matters to me!!!! Even more than OML!!!!! Next anniversary, I don't want to need to throw any of his covers away, due to him being non-championed.

Comments

• kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Anniversary vault is three guaranteed of each, and the 40 pack is one of the best values in the game. The 100 HP daily is also great when compounded with all the tokens you can get as prizes. If you can't save up enough for a couple 40 packs (that even might be overkill) or spend the money, I guess you are out of luck. In your situation, I might even go for the 10 pack if that's all I could afford.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    One does not simply... oh, forget it.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I would also like to know the answer to this. I went into this anniversary with a 4/1/1 Dino, now he's at 7/4/1. The only purple I ever got was my one year anniversary Shield Resupply.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I know a guy who can help you out....

latest?cb=20160907185121
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'll finish it for you Bowgentle icon_e_biggrin.gif

1cev2m.jpg

Someone had to do it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's funny cause I was the exact opposite as my Devil Dino was 0/0/5 on the first Anniversary.. yes my Dino could only move his little arms around lol
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I remember that the first Anniversary, the token was giving out purple covers like crazy. A lot of people were reporting getting 3-4 times purple tokens drawn compared to the other two covers combined. I think I finished the first Anniversary with a 3/2/5 Dino or something, and sold a bunch of purple covers.
  • Forget about it. He's off to Jurassic Park for the next 51 weeks.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 5 purple before I even had 3 in green or red icon_e_sad.gif

I've drawn 2 Dino covers from the vault this year, the first...purple. *sigh*

The second was red which takes him to 3/4/5. Really hoping for another green or red from the 3 tokens I'll be due at the end of the event!
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know, I'm in the same boat as the OP... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Last year I recruited Devil Dino during the anniversary, ending that year at 1/0/2. After my three covers from 365 days, and this anniversary, he's now 3/3/5.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just drew another purple.

icon_cry.gif
  • mpqr7
    It all worked out. This morning, I finally drew a purple on around my 67th draw!!! So I could champion dino, spend my cp on LTs and roster both luke cage and gwenpool, instead of spending the cp and hp on trying to get more dino covers.

Thank you everyone for your positive vibes!! I am marking this anniversary down as a resounding success.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was my first anniversary and I ended up getting 11 covers (2/5/4). He literally went from not rostered to my highest covered 4*. I actually sold 1 of my reds for the ISO since I know I have 1/1/1 coming around 365 so 1000 ISO is worth more to me now. Now I got this partially by going a little nuts on the anniversary vault. I unlocked 97/100 before resetting (left 1 DD unclaimed from that vault) then got up to 33/100 after the reset. Doing that got me the 11 covers. The anniversary vault was for me the best thing about the anniversary, especially if you had the HP saved up for it (Also the fact that it had a good amount of HP in it was a good buy back). I would save up your HP before next anniversary. Try and have enough to buy several 10 packs or a 40 pack at least. Other than I guess just pray to RNGsus.
  • mpqr7
    Agreed that the anniversary vault was pretty amazing. I may stop spending 100 hp per day on random vault daily specials so that I have around 10,000+ hp next year and can go wild on the anniversary vault. There were definitely great prizes to be found there!
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I got my purple two days ago. Now I just need the ISO to champ him.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I just got one in the vault but it's the only cover I have so it will probably just get traded in. I'm sure not wasting a roster spot on it.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I got 4 or maybe 5 purple Dinos this anniversary. That wasn't great since my Dino already had 5 purple. Ugh.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't know about the Dino Dance?

First, you've gotta get all turkey-legged. Then tuck your arms to the sides and lock your elbows in place. Flail your forearms and throw your chin to the sky with a mighty roar!

Worked for me.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forget about it. He's off to Jurassic Park for the next 51 weeks.

We should give him his own festival. Everyone use him in PvP during a certain event. Grassroots Dino endorsement. Maybe sometime in January, when its cold and he has to move around more to avoid freezing to death.