Thank you for the anniversary week

Astralgazer
Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi devs,

This anniversary week has been largely a success for me. Gathered enough ISO to max level and champ Ares, 2Daken, 3Daken, Cage and Mohawk. That's around 500k of ISO! I scrambled to champ Mohawk, and it paid off: round 6 of Boss Rush is completed using the Hulkfinite team. That's red Peggy for me. I also pulled from Anniversary Tokens 5 dinos, 3 4*, 11 3* and a bunch of 2*; none of the covers were wasted or sold.

PVP during the week has been good. Challenges presented by BFF and C2016 events were enjoyable.

All in all, the anniversary week has been a great experience. Thank you Devs.

Edit: Boss Rush round 7 cleared!

Comments

• Geauxbotz
    Geauxbotz Posts: 55 Match Maker
    You can clock out and go home now...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Geauxbotz wrote:

Is that really necessary? I've actually enjoyed Anniversary season as well. Neither Class of 2016 or BFF was as hard for me as everyone made it out to be (then again, I was only shooting for 500 in each event to get the ISO), and I don't hate Venom Bomb like most people here seem to as well. I don't mind difficulty as long as I can see a way through it, and even with Boss Rush, I've been able to see a way through those Boss nodes (my scaling isn't as severe as the people with maxed 4 and 5 stars, which definitely helps). This Anniversary week has certainly been filled with mistakes, but I have enjoyed it.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I gotta say, overall with the vault and double iso I have been pleased, hopefully we get another omproved run of boss rush sooner than later.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I am pleased with annuversary too.
    Best friends and boss rush were harder than i expected, but overall im enjoying it
  • Better then last year but they still haven't found the magic of the first anniversary.

Where's the 50hp tokens?
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I appreciated the double iso and enjoyed the anniversary also, Boss Rush was the only disappointment, if the Bosses levels wouldn't have been so high to start, that could have been enjoyable also
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Geauxbotz wrote:

Is that really necessary? I've actually enjoyed Anniversary season as well. Neither Class of 2016 or BFF was as hard for me as everyone made it out to be (then again, I was only shooting for 500 in each event to get the ISO), and I don't hate Venom Bomb like most people here seem to as well. I don't mind difficulty as long as I can see a way through it, and even with Boss Rush, I've been able to see a way through those Boss nodes (my scaling isn't as severe as the people with maxed 4 and 5 stars, which definitely helps). This Anniversary week has certainly been filled with mistakes, but I have enjoyed it.

It's extremely necessary, actually. It's good to hear that 2* players are feeling accomplished. That's really great, and it's what keeps newer players going.

However, as newer players, they should also know that the way the game is designed, it punishes you for progressing. Leveling up those 4 and 5 stars that you are so excited to get actually hurts you. Your window of rewards gets narrower and narrower, and the difficulty gets spiked to truly ludicrous levels. It becomes evident that you are no longer welcome here.

So yes, for the sake of maintaining the level of enjoyment you currently enjoy, this is necessary. DO NOT LEVEL YOUR 4/5*s TO MAX!! Keep them close in levels to your 3*s and maybe you can keep on enjoying the game. You may feel like you are missing out on something, but I promise you are not.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Nah. Personally, I WILL level up, max and champ all the 4* I have. In time. That could be my goal for the next 2 years. No use worrying about it now.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely grateful for all the iso, I've made an absolute killing. Finish my last 4 - 3*, Kingpin, Surfer, started 75% of the 2* farm, and will still have a little left over.

Boss Rush is hilariously overscaled but even with all the wipes, I'm gonna get to finish/champ Peggy, so hard for me to give it a fail. D+ there.

Would've liked to see more CP/LT/direct 5*, and less Dino. But otherwise I don't have any major complaints.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Aniversary was not bad.
    Nice 2xISO, good vault!
    PvP - OK maybe some MMR for some players failed. But for some only.

Only the mess with Boss Rush.
    All players were scr***ed.

Pathetic execution and on top of that pathetic PR.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I think this Anniversary was mostly good. Boss rush was a tinykitty disaster, and it felt like putting Peggy rewards was a slap in the face to those of us with limited 4s and no good way to progress past round 4 or 5.

Best friends pvp was a mess too, but I feel that's more a side effect of the MMR than the event itself.

Class of 2016 was fun for me, but I may be alone here. Double ISO in everything, including DDQ was amazing, and the anniversary Vault was very good to me.

Overall I'm happy with it, but I would suggest that next year they don't debut a new, untested mode (or in this case, two!) during anniversary week. I'm at the point where there's a day left and nothing for me to do.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Boss Rush was pretty much what I had expected after last year's Galactus debacle. At least the servers were working this time.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Geauxbotz wrote:

It's extremely necessary, actually. It's good to hear that 2* players are feeling accomplished. That's really great, and it's what keeps newer players going.

However, as newer players, they should also know that the way the game is designed, it punishes you for progressing. Leveling up those 4 and 5 stars that you are so excited to get actually hurts you. Your window of rewards gets narrower and narrower, and the difficulty gets spiked to truly ludicrous levels. It becomes evident that you are no longer welcome here.

So yes, for the sake of maintaining the level of enjoyment you currently enjoy, this is necessary. DO NOT LEVEL YOUR 4/5*s TO MAX!! Keep them close in levels to your 3*s and maybe you can keep on enjoying the game. You may feel like you are missing out on something, but I promise you are not.

First of all, I'm a 3 star player (at the tail end of it, actually, as I have 36/40 3 stars champed, and 2 more with 12 covers (missing Rags and Sentry on purpose).

Second of all, it's reasonable to be pissed off right now about Anniversary week. It's reasonable to be upset that soft-capping is still the best way to handle PvE. What's unnecessary is calling someone a paid shill just because they actually enjoyed this week/season.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Yeah , I **** and moaned but I got good stuff out of it all things considered

Loved the double ISO, the shield sim had good rewards and 800 is easy
    PvP kinda sucked but I still got my 10 pack ( got 4 dinos lol)
    Easy to win the two Deadpool legendaries with Dino vs squirrel
    GwenPool is funny, I should have her covered by 2018 icon_e_wink.gif

Really frustrated with Boss Rush, I usually do so well with the boss events but got frustrated and stopped at level 5

I'm looking forward to getting back to the new progressions rewards, I missed my command points.
    Will miss the 2x ISO as always.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Yeah , I **** and moaned but I got good stuff out of it all things considered

Loved the double ISO, the shield sim had good rewards and 800 is easy
    PvP kinda sucked but I still got my 10 pack ( got 4 dinos lol)
    Easy to win the two Deadpool legendaries with Dino vs squirrel
    GwenPool is funny, I should have her covered by 2018 icon_e_wink.gif

Really frustrated with Boss Rush, I usually do so well with the boss events but got frustrated and stopped at level 5

I'm looking forward to getting back to the new progressions rewards, I missed my command points.
    Will miss the 2x ISO as always.

Agreed that this Anniversary was more positive than negative, this whole Boss Rush disaster not withstanding.
    - 2 relatively easy 4DDQ wins.
    - Got my Devil Dino from 2 3 2 Level 165 to 2 5 4 Level 200 (so far, hoping for at least 1 more dino cover from my Vault).
    - Got a few 4-Stars from my vault, along with some HC (even if it's mostly worthless to me personally now that it can't be used to buy covers anymore icon_e_sad.gif ).
    - LOTS of ISO from Double ISO
    - I should hit the 3K Anniversary progression, which might snag me something else good.

Sure, I also won't have a usable Gwenpool until like 2018 as well, but that's true for any new character and not an Anniversary exclusive issue.
    For example, my Winter Solider & War Machine are still only 2 covers each, and about 7 or 8 others are less than 6 total covers...

Easily better than Year 2's Anniversary.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Double ISO and two Devil Dino CoT's were big pluses. I also gained two more Dino covers from the vault. This week helped me champion Rocket and Groot, max LThor, and champion her with one cover ready in queue. I'm definitely thankful for that!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double ISO has been great, although it's great because it feels like what the default flow should be. It let's me progress at a pace that feels fast enough to keep me interested, but while still being fair, and not at an excruciating glacial pace. My Kingpin should be maxed in the next two to three days, which is exciting! When they revert to the regular slow ISO flow, it's going to feel like a bad hangover.

The vaults were good and I made out. Plenty of tokens from progression (if you'll recall, the 2nd Anniversary was horribly skimpy with tokens), cashed in for lots of 4-stars (I am now 13/13 with Devil Dino), got all of the best HP rewards which went right back into the 10-packs, got all three LT... I was happy!

I experienced no server issues. The app only crashed on me once, which cost me a boss fight attempt, but this general stability is still noteworthy, especially given past issues.

Some of the events were fun in theory, but were just ok in execution. The Boss Rush was a bit too hard, but by end of day tomorrow I should have broken into Round 7 and landed a Peggy cover. I never get into the final rounds, so despite the increased difficulty and sour taste, the end result is actually better than usual.

I was ready to hate Gwenpool as the anniversary character, but she actually seems fun.

All in all, I've enjoyed this anniversary.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I take back the nice things I said. This Phoenix boss proves they learned nothing from the Galactus debacle.

I don't mind wiping after a war of attrition. Getting 1st turned by a boss just because they made a match-5 is ridiculous.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    What's unnecessary is calling someone a paid shill just because they actually enjoyed this week/season.

It's also unnecessary to take offense at what strangers on the internet think about you. I actually took his comment to mean that you were better off quitting the game now while it was still fun for you, but you're probably right.