New Player Idea, Regarding Roster Slots

OpticalPrime
OpticalPrime Posts: 9
Hello Everyone! New player here on day 4. Been really enjoying the game and the various events ( thanks for the character boosts! ) and had an idea regarding roster slots. I can tell that building a huge roster is going to be the major time/money sink as im at 22 slots and it now costs 275 coins just for 1 more and with all these events and daily awards and recruit coins I have 14 more characters sitting around waiting for a spot to fill, including 4*!

So that got me thinking. What about adding some kind of feature that allows you to, instead of selling a character to open a slot, move the character somewhere else where he is unable to be played for X amount of time?

Like.... maybe a Hospital. Character is injured or reviving? Move him out of your roster to the Hospital where he will revive and regain health and you can move a new character into that slot until the character is healed?

I know the main thing would be exactly as said above, it would allow people to not spend as much money on slots early on, but have to say as a new player it is frustrating and daunting working with a small roster.

Anyway, thought Id share the idea and see what ya'll thought

Comments

• this game is only about $$$$
    Hospital is called health packs with is overpriced
    its not my day xD
    save your free HeroP for Slots and dont waste it
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello new person! Welcome to the Pit of Eternal Negativity! Here you will find that every idea, be it good or bad, has been posted about dozens of times. Feel free to have a look and see.

It has been noted in the past official red-named individuals that roster slots are both the most value-for-money/resource for the players and the second-most profitable source of expenditures for the developers. We have all lamented the HP costs and they have in fact become more reasonable than they once were. While I appreciate your struggle, it is almost certainly not going to change. Get used to it.

As a new player, have a look at some of the guides that are around here. They may be dated, but they are still very useful in giving you an idea of how to build your roster without asking you to simply buy more HP for slots. Although that latter option might please the developers (and I don't discourage it!) it really isn't necessary. You can get by just fine simply playing and being selective until such time that you end up with more HP than you know what to do with.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Optical, slot prices slowly build up to 1000 coins. Its wise to save most of your coins for them.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Adding on to what others have said:

[*] tokens don't expire if you don't open them

[*] don't open anything besides Standard tokens, Elite tokens, and the odd Heroic if you're willing to risk it

[*] hoard HP for future roster slot purchases

[*] focus on building a 2-star team first

Once you have a strong 2-star team and the HP to roster many characters at once then you can mass open tokens. At this point recruiting a bunch of higher powered characters you can't use (3-4* need 9 covers to be functional most of the time) will unbalance your roster and destroy your scaling for the game. You'll be placed against teams in PvP and PvE that you can't win against as a consequence.