Weirdly massive tile match damage

Just played a game after update to r41, in the Weekend Iron Man Tournament.

My team:

Lvl 15 Ironman 40
Lvl 21 Thor
Lvl 34 Black Widow (modern)

Their team:

Lvl 15 Ironman 40
Lvl 6 Thor
Lvl ~15 Storm Classic

I had my first move.

Their team retaliated - no abilities (it was their first move), they made a 3-in-a-row match, which lead to ~5x matches - none of them > 4 in a row.

This did enough damage to down my Ironman (950HP) and my Thor (1500HP), plus do ~350HP damage to my Widow. From the tile matching damage.

I have absolutely no idea how simple matching like that can do almost 3k damage on the first move.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

I sent mail about it straight away in-game.

(edit: IM tournament, not lightning round)

Comments

• I matched environmental tiles and somehow came out with 200+ ap..

I think something might be up with the critical tiles after the patch.
  • Oobla wrote:
    I matched environmental tiles and somehow came out with 200+ ap..

I think something might be up with the critical tiles after the patch.

Match 2 environ tiles and a crit tile w/ Buffed Iron Man Mk40 on your team:
    8+8 * 8.5 = 136 AP

Match 3:
    24 * 8.5 = 204 AP
  • yeah did a 1.5k crit about 30 mins ago lol
  • Actually I found the team that delivered this brutal ****-pounding again, and I'd *overestimated* their levels.

Lvl 6 Classic Storm
    Lvl 6 Thor
    Lvl 15 Iron Man 40

I wonder if somehow their low levels meant more matches were being done by the IM 40.

Still, I guess the maths check out! Thanks for your replies.
  • Something similar happened to me at the end of the FFA tournament after the update.

I thought my boosts had been applied to the enemy team instead of me.

Their team was Iron Man 35, Modern Storm, and Modern Black Widow. I used the same team. Their levels were slightly higher than mine. I've fought many similar teams, and they've never before done such a high amount of damage with basic matches.
  • I've gotten max environmental tiles 3x (different games) now almost immediately (within the first 3-5 turns). In all my months of playing previously, I've never, ever had anything close to max environmental tiles. I know in one of the games I got a 5-L (environmental) match, not sure how I got so many in the other games. Something is definitely up.
  • I just got wrecked by a crit tile spamming computer. I'm only going to fight in the environment that gives +50 hp now so that it doesn't happen again -.-