The Good, Bad, and Ugly of the Anniversary

westnyy2
westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
First the good. I greatly enjoy double ISO as I'm sure all do. Adding it to the DDQ was a nice move. Mnay rosters have improved due to the ISO splurge. I also will give kudos for trying something new. While all the events maybe didn't turn out as planned, they tried. Lastly, the anniversary vault was decent. There is even a couple of my alliance mates on their third pass through it.

The bad you ask? The biggest fail for me is the lack of top tier rewards. By top tier I mean either direct 5 star covers or command points. There were no extra command points to be found anywhere. The only boost to 5 star land was having 3 LT in the vault. The events themselves were meh. SCL were removed so it seemed like a nerf to my rewards from the get go. Other than the new character release the rewards were rather ho hum. I will also include Gwen in my list of bads. She is okay but I was hoping for more. It could be just me. I did splurge on the sale to get my HP up to open a couple 40's but now I have no plans to do so.

The ugly is real bad. I personally had no issue with the BFF PVP as my opponents were the same ones I would normally face in PVP but I know others didn't care for it. Boss Battle is an epic fail in my book. In all previous incarnations of Boss events, my alliance came through. We've defeated Ultron, Galactus and managed to kill both Tony and Cap in 2/3 times it was played. This is something else entirely. I've made it to round 6 and I am done. Not fun, not worth my time. It's a sad ending to what I thought was a decent anniversary. I think that if the bosses were stunnable then it would be more manageable and we'd have a shot. Defeating an OML only to face Phoenix in the second round who essentially drops Girl Friday on you every turn is not a good time. In my last battle I took Goblin, IM46 and Silver Surfer to the fight. All are at least champed and with a dew levels on them. I knew the team wasn't set up to endure three fights but I couldn't even make it past dear old Logan.

Good try D3. Please up the ante on CP's in anniversary events in the future.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.