Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum Thread
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really appreciate the neutrality of your answers.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an alternative I would like to see health packs only needed when your character gets downed. If they survive the can go into the next fight full health.
    Or alternatively just eliminate health packs all together and let us fail as many times as we like. Players would definatly try more in PVP and boss like events if they didn't need to worry about healthpacks. OML would also be seen less as his biggest advantage is to heal whic helps in climbing or grinding nodes.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep saying - just remove health packs.

If we are supposed to lose in Boss events, fine - let us keep losing.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Voted No because I feel this is a silly solution to a potential problem.

I've mentioned this before but I feel one of the ways to encourage roster diversity is to make the following changes:

1) All surviving characters are FULLY healed after each battle.
    2) All downed characters require a Health Pack as normal.

That's it. A simple change that has some pretty interesting ramifications. Namely it opens the door to the use of defensive characters at least in PvE play. Suddenly something like IW's yellow becomes a Health Pack saving skill while reducing damage for the entire team. This makes an unused character a lot more appealing even from a game mechanics stand point.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would prefer that I get a pool of 10 healthpacks that keep refilling, and then if I use more than 10 health packs, it pulls into my extra health packs.

It's not fair that it immediately pulls into my extra health packs and doesn't refill them, even if I only use a few per day. Then I can't truly enjoy having these extra healthpacks, as every use feels like a complete waste.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    As an alternative I would like to see health packs only needed when your character gets downed. If they survive the can go into the next fight full health.
    Or alternatively just eliminate health packs all together and let us fail as many times as we like. Players would definatly try more in PVP and boss like events if they didn't need to worry about healthpacks. OML would also be seen less as his biggest advantage is to heal whic helps in climbing or grinding nodes.
    I've been advocating for this for OVER TWO YEARS. It's a way better system for the players and not too dissimilar from systems employed by other, similar, games.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I wonder how much they earn from health pack purchases. I assume it's a non negligable amount. It is a free to play game, they need to make their money somewhere to keep their servers running.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:

That's it. A simple change that has some pretty interesting ramifications.

It would also reduce the incentive to use OML. "True Heal" just becomes "heal". They'd have to look at the suite of various healers in the game and see if they need a rebalance. True healers tend to have really low hit points because they get to fill back up what they lose and stay fresh for the next match. Take that away and their supposedly superior ability is no better than a burst healer.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    babinro wrote:

That's it. A simple change that has some pretty interesting ramifications.

It would also reduce the incentive to use OML. "True Heal" just becomes "heal". They'd have to look at the suite of various healers in the game and see if they need a rebalance. True healers tend to have really low hit points because they get to fill back up what they lose and stay fresh for the next match. Take that away and their supposedly superior ability is no better than a burst healer.
    that would nerf him into the bottom tier of 5s. only above maybe 2 or 3 bottom guys. but would be a huge positive for most players.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    The load on their already taxed servers would be huge. I can imagine some people playing all day, heck I would do that on the weekends. Health packs for most players not the ones with over 120 rosters, are what limits their play and thus reduce server load. I think very little people buy health packs.
  • dsds wrote:
    The load on their already taxed servers would be huge. I can imagine some people playing all day, heck I would do that on the weekends. Health packs for most players not the ones with over 120 rosters, are what limits their play and thus reduce server load. I think very little people buy health packs.

Isn't that how people are supposed to play games? At their leisure, for as long as they want??
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    100 is ridiculous. I do think 10 is too low though. I'd say 15 or 20 would be a more reasonable increase.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or how about different buckets for health packs?

10 for PVP (can't use elsewhere)/10 for PVE (can't use elsewhere)
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I just want one of the 2 highly-suggested-over-the-past-could-years changes:
    • Characters fully heal after battle unless downed. Downed characters need health packs.
    • Always take from refillable health packs first, then from the earned ones once refillable reach 0.
    But if they're not gonna do those, then raise the refillable amount to 20 or 25.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

100 for boss waves!!!!
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I think either a extremely high amount or unlimited health packs are understandable when the event is considered "You are meant to lose"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I don't see how this could be enforcable. Right now there is nothing in the game to prevent you from clicking a battle in PvE or PvP, healing, backing out, then switching to the other. Since you have the option to backout after you heal this would make this difficult. The only way I could see this working is if they locked you in so you couldn't back out once you heal, which could have other negative circumstances.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    So... what's the current limit?