Boss Goblin Bug

Jam_Adams
Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
began a Round 4 boss wave with Rulk, Chulk, Hood.

Round 1 v. Goblin = Hood goes down, Chulk goes down, Rulk toughs it out. Use Hammer & Anvil on Goblin and two Henchman, taking out one of the Henchman. Goblin's Black passive states that if a minion goes down, Goblin takes damage. The Hammer & Anvil took out one minion, and Goblin has little health left, enough so that his Black passive suicides him. Therefore, this leaves only one minion. Problem is, his Black passive also states that if Goblin goes down, he takes his minions with him.

circular logic is circular

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not... really? When a minion dies, Goblin takes damage. When Goblin dies, minions die. It's one of the few well-designed boss abilities in this event. If you get lucky with the minions he calls in, they can bleed off a ton of extra AP that would otherwise be used by the next boss to wreck you, and a well-timed AOE can take him down really quickly.
  • Jam_Adams
    you didn't read it at all did you
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were you trying to say, "But the minion didn't die when Goblin did. I still had to finish off the minion."?
  • Jam_Adams
    yes. that is correct.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, that was nowhere in your original post.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was there. The sentence was "Therefore, this leaves only one minion." It took me a moment to figure out he was saying "minion didn't die like he was supposed to."
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I was unable to duplicate this bug when I was on the rounds with Green Goblin. Every time I killed him with matches or powers (either AOE or Single target), his henchmen all went down.

This is probably a result of the Goblin dying from his passive at the same time as taking damage from your move. It's trying to do the same passive twice at the same time, but it only triggers once and counts it as done.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I took down Green Goblin and a Bomb Tech with Phoenix Force. The Muscle decided to stick around.

Muscles. So OP they can flat out ignore the rules.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Happened to me before I gave up on this event - Goblin went down but a Maggia Don hung around.