Boss Battle strategies

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Anyone care to share what they're using for boss battles?

I've only got a few 4* champs, so my options are limited. I don't think I'd get anywhere with a 3* team. I managed to get through wave 3 using Thor, OML, and IM40. Wave 4 I can get through GG, sometimes with only moderate damage, but the 5* IM uses all the charge tiles I created beating Goblin to destroy me on his first turn.

For past boss events I've relied on GR's penance stare, but that's generally the final move. I can't imagine getting it off three times, and if I could it probably won't be as effective as each boss will reset their damage.

I tried swapping in Hulkbuster and Cyc, over IM40 and Thor, but it didn't move fast enough. By the time I got to IM I'd depleted my AP and the characters were at ~ 1/2 health.

I'm guessing people who progress past this point have many more options from a better developed roster, so I'm thinking I'm probably done with that event.

Comments

• Alasca
    Alasca Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can beat at least Green Goblin and IM with Cyclocps and Storm plus Hulk (all chars the 3* versions). Hulk tanks, but uses no power. Cyclops does the dmg and storm uses green and black power
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • talynknight
    talynknight Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I admit I have a pretty extensive roster so your mileage may vary, but I made it to the end of round 6 now. My main strategy is based around professor x. I use his pink to make him invisible and fire off as many other powers as I can until he is alone. Then every match he makes boosts the attack, protect, and strike tiles his psychic convergence makes.

Unfortunately that means the other two become cannon fodder real quick, but prof x is nearly unbeatable and gets stronger and stronger with every match. Also, at round 6 they add Phoenix who has an aoe attack that triggers when she makes a 5 match. So, one bad fall of her red tile generator or luck and prof x is destroyed.
  • EleganceFlawed
    EleganceFlawed Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How many times do you have to beat the boss to get the player reward for that round?