Pvp scoring craziness.

tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So the difference in points gained by players in my anniversary is a bit extreme.

The top ranked has 11k something. The person in 10th only has 6k something.

Something still needs tweaked.

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Why?

If someone wants to go balls out in shield sim and generate high scores for themselves because that's what they find enjoyable, why are you trying to stop them?
  • tiomono
    I'm not trying to stop anyone from going ham in simulator or any other mode.

It just seems off that in the top 10 the lead player has nearly double the score of rank 10.

Or are you trying to say pvp scoring and progress is in a good spot?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I guess I just don't understand what's so off about it. R1 went ham in the 3 day events and R10 did as well. R1 went ham in Shield Sim and R10 did not. There's your difference.

I thought we were talking about overkill scores. Not progress. If R1 had 7k and R10 had 6k, your progress wouldn't be better.
  • tiomono
    I guess I'm just not expressing myself well.

I am fine with my placement and progression overall. I am nowhere near a top 10 player in a season long timeframe.

I have no issue with people scoring big.

I guess it just feels odd to me to have such a large score discrepancy in the very top of the leaderboard.

Apparently I am crazy and nobody else thinks this is odd.
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    With the shield system as it is, it has always been possible to run up high pvp scores just by coordinating with others. Unshield, have others q you, reshield. The score disparity has appeared so great because it's now the whales dominating the top because they can float and stay unshielded for longer because of their monster rosters. Also MMR breaks at the top allowing them to q anyone (including seeds), but if your roster isn't the same level, you'll never q them even if they're only a few points above you. You're just seeing the natural order establish itself as what the devs intended with pvp changes.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    This is exactly what we said would happen when cupcakes were killed - top end scores haven't really changed as the vets have teams to score what they want but the trickle down of points has stopped.

As this was pointed out to the devs constantly on many threads and they went ahead anyway the obvious conclusion is this was the desired outcome so complaining about it is pointless.

If you'd like to drop $10-15k on the game the devs will be delighted to allow you to start scoring similar levels but if not they aren't interested
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shield Sim needs to be removed from the game and the rewards redistributed throughout other events/season progression.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono wrote:
    I guess it just feels odd to me to have such a large score discrepancy in the very top of the leaderboard.
    Personally, I think it's odd that some people would spend $100k on a mobile game. But once they do, it would be SERIOUSLY odd if that didn't translate into the ability to post crazy high scores.
  • It's not just shield sim what's causing this. In every pvp since the death of cupcakes there has been a huge gap between R1 and R10. And it's not that the ultra high rosters are floating and can que anyone they like and therefore scoring high. I see double champed 5* teams from 0 all the way to the end, I wish I could catch a break and queue up a few 4* teams. The reason top rosters still score well is because they more or less play the same as before, use 3 shields every 8 hours and hop of each other. They spend a lot of time, money and effort in reaching those scores.

But like has been said before, the points don't trickle down as much. Top rosters will still grill/bake, but a grill now is a champed 5* a champed 4* and a loaner (or something along those lines). Even with a decent roster that's still a tough team to beat (greatly dependant on the boosted 4*). It's nice for the top rosters as they don't get accidentally hit as much as before, but it has become nearly impossible for the lower roster to score high. They might still be able to pull it of, with many shields and much coordination, but then it will probably become an effort/reward thing.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shield Sim needs to be removed from the game and the rewards redistributed throughout other events/season progression.

Please don't. I like that I can mess about with different teams here with no consequences and the mmr is more lax.

I'd debate the value of making the points applicable to season score - us crazy vets don't need it to rack up ridiculous scores, but it helps casual players go higher up the ladder than they otherwise would.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

Please don't. I like that I can mess about with different teams here with no consequences and the mmr is more lax.

I'd debate the value of making the points applicable to season score - us crazy vets don't need it to rack up ridiculous scores, but it helps casual players go higher up the ladder than they otherwise would.
    maybe he meant shield sim needs to be removed from season scoring? I like shield sim for iso farming and seeing how low of a team I can work my way down to. trying out new champs and combos. its the only playground area we have. it definitely does not need to removed from the game completely (imo).

not much has changed for the top guys. the group below the top guys has a harder time of things but can still make progression. the upper middle-class and below really got hit the hardest by the cc change.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Why?
    I'm not going to argue that its having a big effect on these short seasons, that became apparent in last one.

But how can you blame it all on shield sim. People are still getting 3j scores per PvP, 3 of those and 2k on sim puts you at the 11k score.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:

maybe he meant shield sim needs to be removed from season scoring? I like shield sim for iso farming and seeing how low of a team I can work my way down to. trying out new champs and combos. its the only playground area we have. it definitely does not need to removed from the game completely (imo).

not much has changed for the top guys. the group below the top guys has a harder time of things but can still make progression. the upper middle-class and below really got hit the hardest by the cc change.
    Yes I actually meant remove it from season scoring. I never liked it and always thought it was too easily abusable (see the 10k club link in my sig). At least in PVP the events are short enough with enough incentive to do well that scores can be kept down. SSim is such a "lazy" event that you can score huge easily and pad your score. All you need is an extra stark a season for shields.
    <br style="text-shadow: none;">Why?<br style="text-shadow: none;">I'm not going to argue that its having a big effect on these short seasons, that became apparent in last one.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">But how can you blame it all on shield sim. People are still getting 3j scores per PvP, 3 of those and 2k on sim puts you at the 11k score.
    Yes people are still scoring, but SSIM makes it much easier to pad your season score and run away with your season bracket. Make your season score about season events and leave SSIm out of it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or maybe you can use SIM for progression season rewards but not placement rewards.
  • ntmad8tr
    ntmad8tr Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I never liked it and always thought it was too easily abusable (see the 10k club link in my sig).

You, my friend, need to speak more truthfully. You did not see it the same way when we were getting that 10k SIM score. You should say in your new way of thinking and game play, you find it easily abusable. I believe it is all in the eye of the beholder. If you want to just get SIM progression rewards and stop that's great, if you want to actually shield hop in SIM that's great too. I floated in SIM until I had about 2700 points, just hitting a couple of qs a day, then actually started hopping. I don't see it as abuse, I see it as just a really long event that I float in for a while then spend HP shield hopping the last week or so. Everyone has the same ability to do it, it is there for all to do....how is that abuse.