Boss Rush Scaling and Difficulty...

Skygazing
Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know people have complained about PvP and lack of SCL, but this is the first real misstep of anniversary for me.

While going through Boss Rush I've been recording rough numbers because they seemed ridiculous. I'm not sure if personal scaling is a factor, but even if it is...

Comparing this to previous Boss events it's actually insane.

R1:
Ultron - 4k HP
Cap - 4k HP
IM46 - 6k HP
TOTAL - 14k HP

R2:
Banner - 10k HP
IM46 - 10k HP
Ultron - 15k HP
TOTAL - 35k HP

R3:
Banner - 17k HP
Goblin - 26k HP
Ultron - 33k HP (and 16k bombs!)
TOTAL - 67k HP

Civil War HP
R1: 6,122
R2: 9,100
R3: 12,000
R4: 14,939
R5: 19,289
R6: 28,402
R7: 41,868
R8: 61,213

On R3 of this new event bosses are already approaching R6/R7 level of health, and there's already a grand total of health higher than R8 of CW. I shudder to think what scaling is going to look like in later rounds.

Not to mention that fighting three of these things back to back comes with several complications that vastly increase difficulty:
    Bosses like Banner will generate a ton of AP, better hope that no one else in the wave can use it. Letting a Boss match other colors no longer matters, since chances are that another Boss can use that AP. Bosses like Ultron favor very different team combinations and strategies compared to someone like IM46.

Oh and on top of all of that progression is entirely personal so alliance members can't even work towards round goals together.

I really liked the idea of this event, but so far it's looking absolutely miserable.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personal scaling is definitely a thing. You have someone in the announcement thread saying their round 3 was 14/17/27 = 58k.

A friend of mine said his Goblin was 46k (?!) in round 3.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please keep boss Rush discussion to the Boss Rush thread at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53171
This discussion has been closed.