Boss Rush Point Discrepancies

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
I am currently in first in my alliance with 54,122 points. Several others also have the same.

But I've now seen in two separate instances a player who has finished all nodes/clears yet only has 46,122 points.

Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Comments

• bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    My guess is the point difference on the wave nodes vs. normal nodes. So, the person with lower score had an extra fight in round 1 and didn't get to have a fight on round 3.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    bigwhoop wrote:
    My guess is the point difference on the wave nodes vs. normal nodes. So, the person with lower score had an extra fight in round 1 and didn't get to have a fight on round 3.

Shouldn't be the case in this event. If you done a full clear, you should have 54,122 points. You won't get an extra fight in the first pass. Maybe they lost in the first round?
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Did he lose on one of the boss fights? If you lost on one boss fight, the nodes will all still be blacked out.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I had a weird bug that blocked mpq so had to force close, and only got points for wave 1, so that might be the reason
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I believe if you save the wave nodes for clears on higher rounds you get more points from them
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    This has been widely reported. No one died. No one skipped anything. Folks who hit the exact same nodes in the exact same order have different points.

Definite bug and has been reported.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Same thing happened to me. I completed the Winter Soldier node but the points show 620 still. every other sub node is blank when finished.

I am exactly 620 pts behind every one else who did the same as I did and won all clears

Picture of difference:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/iAB20
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I'm at 43,122. 11k behind others in my alliance.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Server lag, maybe.
    Points might rise once hamsters recover.
  • Alaszun
    Alaszun Posts: 68
    Full clear, no issues. I'm behind my alliance about 3k points. no idea why.
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Alaszun wrote:
    Full clear, no issues. I'm behind my alliance about 3k points. no idea why.

Same to me!
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I think I'm ~5k behind the top people of my alliance despite clearing everything. Guess I'll have to find a way to live without that sweet Mohawk Storm and 100 HP.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    In-alliance:

54122 points - not sure what they did
    52122 points - went left to right on subs
    51122 points - did wave nodes last

???
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah. I took out all the boss nodes and essential nodes and my score is 47122 compared to 54122 the other team members have.

Look like one of the boss takedowns failed to register with the server.
  • Alaszun
    Alaszun Posts: 68
    I'm at 51502 compared to our top score of 54122. Literally no idea what I did.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I thought it was because of the wave changes.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I also lack some points even though I'm pretty sure I cleared everything in one try.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    In-alliance:

???
    Same here and did wave nodes last. 51122 pts.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    In-alliance:

???
    I went left-to-right on the nodes, meaning I did a wave node first and fourth, and I have only 47,122 points.

My suspicion is that the best strategy was to do the nodes in ascending order of points, so you get past the early boss rounds more quickly. If this is anything like previous boss events, the later boss rounds will be worth so much of the score that node order won't matter anymore. Combined with the fairly minimal rewards for placement within your alliance, this is more of an annoyance than a huge problem.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    In-alliance:

???
    I went left-to-right on the nodes, meaning I did a wave node first and fourth, and I have only 47,122 points.

My suspicion is that the best strategy was to do the nodes in ascending order of points, so you get past the early boss rounds more quickly. If this is anything like previous boss events, the later boss rounds will be worth so much of the score that node order won't matter anymore. Combined with the fairly minimal rewards for placement within your alliance, this is more of an annoyance than a huge problem.
    I joined about 4 hours in and did lowest points value to highest points value, clearing everything, and not losing to the boss node. After my first clears I had mid-41K points while a teammate who had done them all earlier had low-51K points.