which charchter is good against red hulk in class 2016 pvp?

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
i am getting destroyed by red hulk. is there any standalone charchter that has a chance against him? his green is filled fast and then the hammer of anvil kills me.

i thought of captain america *3 but his stun takes to long to fill.
iceman i only have a few covers so he is out of the question
jean grey *4 also few covers but have her stun takes to long and is on green power, which red hulk sucks dry.

every help is appricated, i get smoked in PVP.

thanks

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quake............
  • I use IM 3*, storm 2*, scarlet witch versus Red Hulk, and it's working. Easy.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peggy Carter slows down his moves and can stun him to neutralize his passive... She may not be an option for you though.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Red Hulk. Just make sure you win the race to 7 purple AP. Quake already mentioned and also very good.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Quake obviously and Ghost Rider is a good choice too with his black.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Hulk. Just make sure you win the race to 7 purple AP. Quake already mentioned and also very good.

This. Plus any stun can help (Iceman comes to mind). I run my Rhulk with Switch and looking for the third there (tried Hulkbuster, tried Cho, might try Iceman next). Not really scared of opponents RHulk if you control Purple. Boosts can be very helpful.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm using Quake, Nova and my own Red Hulk. I'm draining his green, throwing him airborne, and if he does get off a green it only does a few hundred team damage.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    thanks guys.

i like that level *2 storm idea and i have scarlett which too and iron man as well.

quake is not strong enough yet for me, same for peggy. only 1 or 2 covers.

going to try that iron man, scarlett which storm *2 combo.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    The best tactic vs Red Hulk is skip... on the other hand i'll be hunting any teams with a single member below 18k health. *gamma clap slap*
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Team Bromance, if you are talking 3 star roster. IM40 (max yellow) and Steve Rogers. You can consider The Hood with them (max blue and black), Blade (don't need green, black to steal AP), Quicksilver (his green is quite strong, and so cheap once you get the locked team up tiles, plus the selected tile swap can be really useful), Kamala Khan (early recharge, and them shield juggling will keep the band aids coming).
  • It's funny how I'm using Red Hulk in my lineup, but just for BUILDING green. I give all the green to Punisher Max, and let him go on a rampage.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I'd skip the team that has red hulk. Especially if they have switch in the team as well. The green builds extremely fast. And also the criticals generated by switch guarantees another turn for the ai to generate more green.

Even with quake, (mine is at lvl 120 I think, with 6-8 covers 2-3 of each color), he is not blocking over 12,000 damage per character. Although the ai is dumb and will likely use it at 9 which may block most of the damage.

Disclaimer: I am using Switch and Rulk. I have had quite a few defensive wins lately. More defensive wins than loses.
  • I keep him for last and 2 shot him with green + black by punimax

;=)
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Iceman.
    A 4 turn stun, and then go apeshit with powers.
    Deny Purple as much as you can too.

Boosted Red Hulk is my #1 skip that's not a 5-Star. You just lose too much Health even when you win.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's certainly telling that I'm using my boosted Rulk instead of my boosted level 420 Black-Suit Spidey. The 5* boost is really small, and Rulk is a beast when boosted.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Drax isn't bad against him. Even maxxed Rulk tends to buckle under the 1-2 punch of red -> black.

Of course I bring my own Rulk and Peggy to make sure I have time to do it icon_razz.gif